Going Down Appreciation Thread [NO LINKS/REQUESTS ALLOWED]

ManetsBR

Any lyrics transcribed yet?

Sick of everything you do... rock3

Goin' Down has more radio appeal than most of CD, except Better and maybe SOD/ITW

They aren't going to play a Tommy Stinson track on the radio.

Didn't say they would ;) Just sayin' it's got a more radio friendly, chill vibe to it than most of CD. And honestly, could you not hear them playing this on The Zone? :P

Maybe if they could get Canadian content status. :rofl-lol:

I do believe Going Down is more radio appealing than anything on Chinese Democracy. That doesn't mean that it's better than the music on Chinese Democracy, though.

I'd say it's better structurally than anything on CD with the exception of MAYBE Prostitute.

come on man,better STRUCTURALLY than TWAT?

I do believe Going Down is more radio appealing than anything on Chinese Democracy. That doesn't mean that it's better than the music on Chinese Democracy, though.

I'd say it's better structurally than anything on CD with the exception of MAYBE Prostitute.

Yeah, I mean maybe it's structurally more radiofriendly than anything on CD, but it sure as hell isn't better structurally than most of the CD stuff. Unless generic equals good...

So because it's a good rocker you think Izzy is behind it? Haha you guys really have faith on NuGNR.

naw, i do have faith... reason i think izzy had something to do with it is because of his latest interview (if you wanna call it that) which was never comfirmed to be a fake... he said he wrote stuff with axl, then we get the most oldschool sounding gnr track since the illusions... too much of a coincidence for me... im sure tommy had a part in writting this too... he probably worte the bass line and he probably co-wrote the lyrics with axl... im going with izzy for the guitar though... just my opinion, could be wrong

Confirmed fake on HTDgTH and Msl

yup... seems like it was removed from the gnr facebook page too... thats what i was waiting for to see if it was fake or not... it still sounds like izzy stuff, but im hoping it was just the band that was involved cuz i want more stuff like this... would love if all songs from here on out were like going down... with axl on lead obviously, but i really hope DJ has something to do with writting this cuz ive been waiting for him to write a gnr song since he joined the band... hope this is it

So because it's a good rocker you think Izzy is behind it? Haha you guys really have faith on NuGNR.

naw, i do have faith... reason i think izzy had something to do with it is because of his latest interview (if you wanna call it that) which was never comfirmed to be a fake... he said he wrote stuff with axl, then we get the most oldschool sounding gnr track since the illusions... too much of a coincidence for me... im sure tommy had a part in writting this too... he probably worte the bass line and he probably co-wrote the lyrics with axl... im going with izzy for the guitar though... just my opinion, could be wrong

yup... seems like it was removed from the gnr facebook page too... thats what i was waiting for to see if it was fake or not... it still sounds like izzy stuff, but im hoping it was just the band that was involved cuz i want more stuff like this... would love if all songs from here on out were like going down... with axl on lead obviously, but i really hope DJ has something to do with writting this cuz ive been waiting for him to write a gnr song since he joined the band... hope this is it

I thought it sounded more like Duff, but I see why some say it sounds like an Izzy song, it helps your argument that Izzy still hangs with the band on occasion.

My opinion is that its a Tommy song through and through. It fits his style. Great song to btw.

Yeah, I mean maybe it's structurally more radiofriendly than anything on CD, but it sure as hell isn't better structurally than most of the CD stuff. Unless generic equals good...

for a comeback radio single yes it is. this is as generic as 14 years and a lot of other stuff. generic's not always bad. its just simple and catchy.

I've now listened to the song about 10 times, and I'm just enjoying it more and more.

Is it a great song? No.

But it is a good, fun rocker. Very Izzy-esque.

If this is one of the weaker songs from "the vault", it actually is raising my expectations for the other material.

Feel free to make the proper corrections, there's probably some mistakes.

I know that shames me

???

It never seems to be

The skin's not ???

The stars ???

You used to be so sweet

You walked with a smile

???? and the coffee's cold

???? make it useful

Pre-chorus:

You've got nothing good to say

Keep your mouth shut

Nothing good to do

????

Nothing's ever good enough for you

Chorus:

Sick of the things you say

It's going down

Sorry for everything

Sick of the things you do

It's going down

You look like a fool

You never need to hurt no woman

Who just happened to be there next to you

'Cause you put me down

I know this ??? face

Who heard these words

???? familiar times

Who heard them yell

Even heard them sob

Get into your car and drive

Just as fast as you can

You've had your 15 minutes

You tried to take an hour

Not no one for you to call

Pre-chorus

Chorus X 2

'Cause you're going down

You're going down

'Cause you're going down

You're going down

Nothing's good enough for you

I thought it sounded more like Duff, but I see why some say it sounds like an Izzy song, it helps your argument that Izzy still hangs with the band on occasion.

My opinion is that its a Tommy song through and through. It fits his style. Great song to btw.

it could be... and youre not wrong about the duff bit, but i find tommy and duff a bit simular with that punk style bass... going down has a bit of that feel, but its not exclusively tommy sounding imo... could have just been tommy and axl, but im leaning towards someone else writting the guitar part, and im hoping it was DJ cuz i see him having a huge part in writting alot of the stuff for the next album, and if thats the case were in for a real treat

Feel free to make the proper corrections, there's probably some mistakes.

I know that shames me

To find my ...? (or something "on my own?")

It never seems to be

The skin's not ???

The stars ??? ("...used to be"?)

You used to be so sweet

You walked with a smile

???? and the coffee's cold

???? make it useful

Pre-chorus:

You've got nothing good to say

Keep your mouth shut

Nothing good to do

That's how you view yourself

Nothing's ever good enough for you

Chorus:

Sick of everything that you say

As you were going down

Sorry for everything

Sick everything that you do

As you're going down

You look like a fool

You never need to hurt no woman

Who just happened to be there next to you

'Cause you put me down / As you were Goin' Down...

I know this dark(/scarred?) face

Who heard these words

Heard them all a million times(?)

Who heard them yell

Even heard them sob

Get into your car and drive

Just as fast as you can

You've had your 15 minutes

You tried to take an hour

Not no one for you to call

Pre-chorus

Chorus X 2

'Cause you're going down

You're going down

'Cause you're going down

You're going down

Nothing's good enough for you

I'll try again after I listen with headphones when I get home...