Going Down Appreciation Thread [NO LINKS/REQUESTS ALLOWED]

ManetsBR

actually come to think of it, huge possibility guitar could have been writen by fortus

Now that's a good possibility.

it sounds like it could be but the only reason im leaning towards a no is cuz he was around for CD and there was nothing like this on there... but then again, alot of it was probably written pre-2002 which is when richard joined

So because it's a good rocker you think Izzy is behind it? Haha you guys really have faith on NuGNR.

naw, i do have faith... reason i think izzy had something to do with it is because of his latest interview (if you wanna call it that) which was never comfirmed to be a fake... he said he wrote stuff with axl, then we get the most oldschool sounding gnr track since the illusions... too much of a coincidence for me... im sure tommy had a part in writting this too... he probably worte the bass line and he probably co-wrote the lyrics with axl... im going with izzy for the guitar though... just my opinion, could be wrong

Confirmed fake on HTDgTH and Msl

yup... seems like it was removed from the gnr facebook page too... thats what i was waiting for to see if it was fake or not... it still sounds like izzy stuff, but im hoping it was just the band that was involved cuz i want more stuff like this... would love if all songs from here on out were like going down... with axl on lead obviously, but i really hope DJ has something to do with writting this cuz ive been waiting for him to write a gnr song since he joined the band... hope this is it

I thought it sounded more like Duff, but I see why some say it sounds like an Izzy song, it helps your argument that Izzy still hangs with the band on occasion.

My opinion is that its a Tommy song through and through. It fits his style. Great song to btw.

Tommy's solo stuff, especially all of One Man Mutiny is pretty similar to Izzy's solo stuff. I don't think Tommy's solo stuff really sounds very punk or like The Replacements. It sounds more like Bob Dylan than anything else.

actually come to think of it, huge possibility guitar could have been writen by fortus

it sounds like it could be but the only reason im leaning towards a no is cuz he was around for CD and there was nothing like this on there... but then again, alot of it was probably written pre-2002 which is when richard joined

Fortus plays on less than half of CD :no:

LMAO. saw this thread earlier today. Thought, hmm. It's an old song and it's called "Aint going down" Why this thread now. then now 5 hours later I actually think about what I've read the last couple of days about leaks and remembered the old set list.

Great song!

• Like 1

Yup, more waiting and guessing, lol