Going Down Appreciation Thread [NO LINKS/REQUESTS ALLOWED]

ManetsBR

Yeah, the mix is fucked up. I emailed evader asking him to try to fix it.

I have made a mix... but your inbox is full

Link it up! Are the vocals centered?

So the only true connection to Guns N' Roses is that Axl wrote the song?

Not sure if you're trolling. Axl wrote the song and members if Guns N' Roses recorded it. What more do you want lol

This band is only Guns N' Roses if Axl sings. If Axl doesn't sing, this ain't G N' R.

Not sure if you're trolling. Axl wrote the song and members if Guns N' Roses recorded it. What more do you want lol

This band is only Guns N' Roses if Axl sings. If Axl doesn't sing, this ain't G N' R.

So Fine and 14 Years aren't Gn'R songs?

wtf is wrong with you ? this is a guns n roses song, just like 14 years and many others.

No, it's not. I'm willing to accept the "replacements" (somewhat) as a version of Guns N' Roses with Axl singing. Without Axl they're not Guns N' Roses.

So Fine and 14 Years aren't Gn'R songs?

Of course they are, there were 4 original members of the band in those songs.

Edited by Kasanova King

But Axl is singing in this song, and the current members of Gn'R are playing in it. So by logic, it is a Gn'R song.

In all fairness, I haven't heard it so I will reserve anymore comments until I do.

I doubt your opinion will change all that much.

The song isn't awful. First thing that came to mind was sort of a Tom Petty vibe to it. But Axl's screechy backing vocals and an even screechier guitar solo doesn't do it any favors.

Don't know where people ate getting ideas that DJ is on it - it has Bucket and Finck on it.

How do you know this?

HV said Finck is on it. No clue what his source is, just repeating what he said. And the noodling bit at the end is obviously Bucket since no one else uses a kill switch.

I'd really like to hear a Tommy/Izzy/Duff record. Tommy and Duff are great at catchy choruses, Izzy is great at lyrics and rhythm. Tommy and Izzy have similar styles, Tommy and Duff have the punk backgrounds, and Duff brings a little harder edge to it all. I bet they could do something very interesting.

I doubt your opinion will change all that much.

The song isn't awful. First thing that came to mind was sort of a Tom Petty vibe to it. But Axl's screechy backing vocals and an even screechier guitar solo doesn't do it any favors.

I completely agree. Sounds like Tom Petty meets grunge.

The lead vocals clear up towards the end of the song but for about 3/4 of it, they are way too unclear. And I also agree, Axl's background vocals in it sound like a forced addition. They either need to turn them up to the level where it's almost like a duet or cut them out completely.

I will add, after hearing it a third time, the song does have potential if they clean it up.

Edited by Kasanova King

Im just guessing here

Intro solo- Ron loud and Robin playing the quieter part

Rhythm during chorus- Defiantly Ron (To me thats the most old school GNR sound we've had since 93, even if its just a glimpse)

Solo- Defiantly Ron

Leads during the ending- Id say Ron and Bucket