Going Down Appreciation Thread [NO LINKS/REQUESTS ALLOWED]

ManetsBR

I really like everything about the song, especially the intro and the vocal melodies, but I cannot stand Axl's vocals on here. Way too high pitched and processed. I'd love to hear a version with him doing lower range vocals. But Tommy does a good job. That said, it does sound like a Tommy solo song that Axl came in and sang back up on. Good song, but I would be pissed if it made it onto an album. Better for a b-side or a download or bonus track...

• Like 1

thanks for the empathy :) i'm really not used to this. I like over 90% of all gnr songs, old and new and this is the first time that i'm really really disappointed. luckily GNR is not my favourite band anymore although it is in the top 3. but I'm happy for those of you who like it. I can say now that i don't and i will never like it because i can see immediately the it doesn't have any "grow-on-you" power

I can picture the same people saying this is shitty praising the song if it was a leaked Illusions unreleased demo sang by Izzy.

nope, I'm a full blown newgnr supporter that never wanted a reunion and i think CD is on par with UYIs. this song is dead to me in my book

Biggest let down of a leak yet. We wait five years and a song that has axl simply tagged on doing some backing vocals leaks...

I mean, the song is okay but man...

You have to realize that this was a leak and not the first single from a new album.

did Bumble say this was a Freddy King song when it first appeared on the set list?

I could swear someone did, I thought it was BBF but then he was also the first to confirm it was a Tommy song :shrugs:

This is a stretch, but maybe the Freddy King song was on the setlist, and it's sheer coincidence that there's also a GN'R song by the same name.

there was GNR before Slash , Duff , and Steven

Yea?

Not in the eyes of the real world.

No no, you're wrong, there were others guys in the band for.. like, 4 or 5 months, and the band was just as good, if not better, than the band who made AFD.

(sarcasm)

• Like 1

It's like saying there was a Metallica before Cliff Burton, Dave Mustain and Kirk Hammet. Can't you see what's absurd in this statement?

Sure. Putting Dave Mustaine and Kirk Hammett in the same sentence.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

It's like saying there was a Metallica before Cliff Burton, Dave Mustain and Kirk Hammet. Can't you see what's absurd in this statement?

There were just Lars and James in the begining, they recorded some stuff just the 2 of them, Lars played drums and James everything else (bass, lead, rythme). Anyway, I could name other bands other than Metallica if you don't like my exemple, but I'm sure you get my point.

There were just Lars and James in the begining, they recorded some stuff just the 2 of them, Lars played drums and James everything else (bass, lead, rythme). Anyway, I could name other bands other than Metallica if you don't like my exemple, but I'm sure you get my point.

Sure I do! But don't you ever forget Lloyd Grant. :D

So i was naughty and sent the links into our local rock radio station here. To my suprise they played all 3 in a row..... the feedback has been great for all 3.

To my suprise the one with the best feedback out of the lot was Better from DJ Ashba

Well thank you, I googled his name because I never heard of him... I didn't know this guy played with Metallica at some point.

Well thank you, I googled his name because I never heard of him... I didn't know this guy played with Metallica at some point.

You don't say! ...what a loss! Had he stayed, it could've been an absolutely different band. Damn! It even could've been named Reggallica!

You may as well want to google Ron McGovney. :D

So i was naughty and sent the links into our local rock radio station here. To my suprise they played all 3 in a row..... the feedback has been great for all 3.

To my suprise the one with the best feedback out of the lot was Better from DJ Ashba

Fucking goths!

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

I can picture the same people saying this is shitty praising the song if it was a leaked Illusions unreleased demo sang by Izzy.

Yea cause it's so impossible that the song is just highly overrated because fans have lowered the bar.

Did the people listening break out into dances in the hallways?

Yea cause it's so impossible that the song is just highly overrated because fans have lowered the bar.

what hallways

im not surprised Dj has the most contemporary style. Its cool they played thwm. Shame theres no record or tour. Edited by wasted

what hallways

Hallways of their home, work, the radio station? I sure hope so since he threw the radio station pirated material.

Edited by Rustycage

I love Goin Down and I love Tommy and I cant believe im gonna say this but imagine it was the original line up performing it with Izzy on lead vocals? Axl and Duff singing in the chorus and back up on the rest... I can hear Slash and Izzy adding some heavier more rockin guitars like on the UYIs. Except lets not imagine Steven on drums. Matt or Frank.

Edited by tr420

there was GNR before Slash , Duff , and Steven

Yea?

Not in the eyes of the real world.

No no, you're wrong, there were others guys in the band for.. like, 4 or 5 months, and the band was just as good, if not better, than the band who made AFD.

(sarcasm)

my god

no one mentions Traci ......................fools

where the fuck do you think the name Guns N Roses came from?

it's not called Snakes N Roses or Rose's Snakepit

how many songs on Appetite were mostly written BEFORE slash/duff/steven ?

the "real world" is not aware of most of that and obviously neither are you

If only you people could have been there for the 3 rehearsals and 1 birthday party Rob Gardner and Olé played at. Sheer magic.

morons

I don't believe you

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven all have played together before the name Guns N Roses even existed, not at the same time, but Axl sang with Slash and Steven, Slash and Izzy played together, ect. In that period players were changing band all the time. We can say it was circumstances that Slash and Steven joined GNR, it really could have been Axl and Izzy joining Slash.. doesn't matter one bit.

AFD, Lies, UYI 1, UYI 2, all these albums contains Axl, Izzy, Slash and Duff. This is GNR, the real band that created those great album. Nobody give a fuck about Ole or tracci or whatever their name is.

I said this before but the song style is almost identical to Dead Flowers on Gilbys album. The way in which Axl uses a HIGH voice, and how his vocals are slightly lower in the mix compared to Gilby (in this case Tommy). That's why I'm surprised that this is a GN'R song, as it sounds like Axl guesting on Tommys album much like he did for Gilby.

I like this song. I like how the guitar kicks in and then cascades in and out at the very end. I also like the production, or should I say, lack of production on this track. If this in any way signals a departure from the HIGH production of CD to a more raw, Appetite type mode, then I am happy. In and of itself, I think it's a good song that needs a bit of work.

This song is amazing! There are so many cool things about it. Straight rock and roll, simple but with sophisticated guitars, interesting lyrics, Tommy! I only wish Axl vocals were louder. This is seriously awesome....so much wasted time. Come on, Axl release the hits! Stop hiding. You have great music to share.