Going Down Appreciation Thread [NO LINKS/REQUESTS ALLOWED]

ManetsBR

Going Down is the living proof the vault has quality stuff that could easily be better than stuff on CD. Almost the official end to the question "Why would Axl not release all of the best stuff he had as CD?"

I agree, I would easily take Going Down over Riad, Scraped, and Madagascar to be honest

Edited by WhazUp

What say you?

Could Goin Down be newGNR's You Could Be Mine?

It's def one of the best rock tracks of the past decade, without question.

Not only is it a passable mediocre song, its not the best produced track leaked. Im not sure that its even worthy of being released by the current lineup as a single, let alone it be the best of the decade or the best GNR has produced.

• Like 1

Hell no. WTF are you guys on about? this a mediocre song even by mediocre bands standards. has nothing to do with GNR. God I wish I've never heard it and never had to make a connection between this song and GNR name. All of the songs on Chinese Democracy are way way better than this. This is the first song that came out under GNR band name that has no musical connection whatsoever to the GNR name

The lyrically content, vocal delivery, song structure, solo etc are all sub-standard in my opinion. Best thing about it is the intro and the Axl backing vocals. Even Riad is better than Going Down.

Edited by Young_Gun
  • Like 1