Anyone else feel the leaks are justified considering the camp's contempt for us?

Young_Gun

I understand being frustrated and wanting to hear new music. But, I think BBF said it best a few years ago on GNFR (I believe) when he said that no one was being "mistreated", and that we were just GN'R fans experiencing withdrawal.

Ali

i can't believe some nugnr fans are stupid enough to get excited about a tommy stinson song

it's better than the constant never ending touring...

shut your mouth and don't ruin others enjoyment..

your posts are annoying as fuck, so maybe you're the one who should shut his big mouth. :)

i don't give a fuck about other people enjoyment especially when i consider them as complete idiots.

this song is not a gnr song, it's a stinson song, i don't see why people should get excited by this kind of fakegnr bullshit.

so why are you here?

i don't care if my posts are annoyed you, fuckface

YES we all know this isn't a gnr song, sherlock...

Everybody seems convinced it's going to rain leaks, unless somebody else decides to start leaking, we've got everything currently available

i can't believe some nugnr fans are stupid enough to get excited about a tommy stinson song

Who are you to say whos stupid and whos not. You don't like it good for you, were the fuck is your song? Can't stand people like you, and guess what,your more then likely to not like anything the new band does with your loser mentality.

24 people in the chat room. That tells you everything you need to know, about how new music can generate excitement and interest again.

Last night it was up to 60 last I saw.

If this is a Stinson solo song, leaving the 'fake gnr' argument aside for the time being, then by the same definition Estranged is an Axl solo song, So Fine a solo Duff song and You Ain't the First a solo Izzy song. GN'R had that policy on Illusions, whereby a member would bring a complete song in. It is the George Harrison thing.

But usually those songs sort of, become the band's song. Going Down is a good song. Not a masterpiece or anything but I would take it before 1/3 of Democracy. I do not think any less of it, just because it (probably) does not possess a multiple songwriting credit.

Possibly an unpopular opinion here but I don't think there's any justification. All in all, it's illegal music that was not intended to be released yet, or ever. These are most likely unfinished mixes that would be even more enjoyable with final mixes, and if & when those arrive, they probably won't be as stunning or cool, because these are already here. Reasons-for-why-there's-no-new-material-aside, they're still leaks, and well, you know, leaks are wrong haha.

I also don't feel like Axl or Team Brazil has "shit" on me ever.

At the end of the day, his songs, no matter how cool, are still *his songs. Not mine, until I pay for them. That and, I've paid for tickets to concerts and have gotten full shows.

Yea I don't know. Good for everyone else if you enjoy this stuff though.

Edited by there is no dana only zool
  • Like 1

Hmmm Im in on the side for just what happened...a "leak" or two but the timing of all of this is suspicious. Given the negativity that has been building , the hostility of even long time supporters of this new line up has definately shifted into high gear...I still suspect that these leaks like some of the older leaks game from GNR themselves. Its all possible and really I dont care. The insatiable appetite for all things GNR can only be fueled by the release of something we have never heard before even if its a toss off possiblity for an album song.

Let's see, so recently we got Beta's infamous "complaints" message, the GNR Facebook comment, and Pitman's comments.

...yeah I dont feel guilty listening to these in the slightest. Keep 'em coming as far as I am concerned

If it's so hard for Gn'R to release new music, then fuck it. They can keep it. I will listen if I hear new songs, but... yeah... I don't actually care anymore. New Gn'R had their chance, but Axl blew it.

Totally justified given the band's attitude to fans lately. And I'm about as anti-leaks/illegal downloads as anybody being a musician myself.

Agreed, especially when IMO the leaks, these, and the previous ones, haven't really hurt the band, in fact whenever I played leaks in the past, it mostly increased interest. The problem was, no album in 2002, or 2006...people just stopped caring, and the lack of promotion, that is what really hurt that release.

The whole thing of : "People don't buy music anymore so we don't care to make music" is the lamest excuse i have ever seen anyone from a band giving to the public.

We all know GNR failed to deliver multiple times. We also know that the label rejected albums from them in the past because they weren't good enough or because "it just wasn't the right time"

The thing is, they're all hired hands and they all depend on when Axl decides to put vocals on some of the tracks or even if has done that already, on when Axl and label make a deal to release the cd.

Reality is if a cd was to be released, Chris Pittman would be one of the last to know, and honestly in my opinion, the band with or without Chris Pittman is the same thing to me... he isn't needed...it's not like he contributes with some worthy shit anyways...