Whats so bad about leaks anyways?

Hollywood Gunner

I know its illegal, but why?

I mean, anyone that cares enough to look for this shit, at a time like this, is gonna buy the fuckin album anyways no?

Now that being said, if the music that leaks sucks, words gonna get around and people wont buy it when it does drop... if said music is good, what do you have to worry about?

Imo they just gotta make good fuckin music, thats all... its once shit goes viral, and a good album is released, people download the fuck out of it... but theres ways around that... just leave it up to management ;)

I mean, anyone that cares enough to look for this shit, at a time like this, is gonna buy the fuckin album anyways no?

Now that being said, if the music that leaks sucks, words gonna get around and people wont buy it when it does drop... if said music is good, what do you have to worry about?

Imo they just gotta make good fuckin music, thats all... its once shit goes viral, and a good album is released, people download the fuck out of it... but theres ways around that... just leave it up to management ;)

Leaks all over the world via internet...I bought CD leaked version on the streets of Da Nang Vietnam as well as Death Magnetic ..thats the irksome shit about piracy for any company that trys to market a product

I'm guessing that 80% of all the leaks since 2005 have been intentional. Whether they got it out there by "letting it out" or "leaving a disc somewhere", but believe me it was intended. And I also want to say that I don't agree with MSL'S on alot of things, but you can't deny that the guy finds this stuff. Fair play to him for bringing music to the fans, that's ALL I want is new music... The band seems to find that concept hard these days.

• Like 1

I've only heard the "Going Down" song. I really think it's a Tommy side project song, but what do I know?

With normal bands it's very bad because it can really ruin sales. Especially online sales. Of both albums and singles really.

But Guns n' Roses isn't a normal band and will never release music like a normal band either. So with Guns n' Roses I just want Axl's entire fucking vault to leak, because that's the only way we'll get to hear any of that music. Especially in it's 12-year-ago state.

Various camps in GNR have made it very clear that they have no intention of releasing new material. If that really is the case then just leak everything! If they have no intention of ever releasing it, then they're not losing money. And according to Chris Pitman they don't make any money from records anyway. My message is just leak all the Chinese leftovers, then we can all put a lid on this farce and move on.

I honestly thought after CD had been released, the band would be more constant and organised in future plans. But it has actually got worse, and I really do think this has alot to do with most of the CD line-up leaving. And ever since 2008 when Finck left, Axl hasn't been the same determined person we saw in 2002 and 2006-7.

I honestly thought after CD had been released, the band would be more constant and organised in future plans. But it has actually got worse, and I really do think this has alot to do with most of the CD line-up leaving. And ever since 2008 when Finck left, Axl hasn't been the same determined person we saw in 2002 and 2006-7.

I think when Finck left Axl subconciously decided that GNR would just be a touring band from now on. It just took a while for everyone on this forum to realise that was the case. Chinese Democracy is very much Finck, Buckethead and Axl's baby. Let's not forget too that Paul Tobias is all over that album too and that Axl found it easy to write with his childhood buddy.

I think when Finck left Axl subconciously decided that GNR would just be a touring band from now on. It just took a while for everyone on this forum to realise that was the case. Chinese Democracy is very much Finck, Buckethead and Axl's baby. Let's not forget too that Paul Tobias is all over that album too and that Axl found it easy to write with his childhood buddy.
Agreed with all of this. But it's still strange, because we've supposedly heard maybe a third of that baby. There's so much more that is supposedly pretty much done. Why the hell And it's fucking annoying to me that it's all locked up without his royal highness captain redbeard doing anything with it. I want it to get out!

Not seen anything in the UK. I occasionally read a long running hard rock /metal thread on an entertainment site and went to have a look to see if they were mentioned but nothing. I think TB and the label can stop quaking in their boots as it would seem that virtually no one outside of these forums is talking about it.