Band/Management Personal Info - Don't post this

highvoltage

You guys wonder why the relationship with the band / management is difficult?

Have you seen the torrent of insults they get from this place?

Supposedly the new rules would prevent that - still waiting to see it happen.

I'm not saying everything is great with the band but I've never seen so much hate and insults coming from 'fans' - do you really think this is helping?

Maybe they had plans for those songs and now they have to change them because a few people stole them away...

You guys say you want to get closer to management, yet you keep authorizing people to antagonize them.

Good old brown nosing, eh?

Management has always been insulting and rude to people on the board, so it's no wonder why things have become the way they are.

In this day and age songs leak all the time. You as an artist can't prevent it no matter how hard you try. You must adapt and do things like NIN, or just carry on with the original plan and release the material. Right or wrong that's the way it is now and it can't be stopped.

but you can't say that they are rude for no reason, some people in here have been bashing team brazil from even before they where formed. fuck if still remember comments saying fuck you to Fernando for no reason in 2002! and even during the chats with Axl some posters just couldn't stop themselves from attacking Fernando, Beta and her family for no apparent reason other than being related with Axl. Should they stop, yes. Are they rude, of course, but do they have a reason to being like they are towards the band? I think they have, wheter we like it or not.

Fernando is a dick, and he steals from Axl, gives unreleased material to his backstabbing friends, then acts like a tough guy on the computer while blaming the fans of Axl for stealing, loser.

Can you clarify this... I have no memory of this.

Not much else to say or add. He is rumored to be the one who passed around the songs which turned out to be the leaks pertaining to CD. I believe he gave them to Jarmo and some people in Portugal, then msl tricked them for the songs.

But, this was never confirmed though, was it? It's still just conjecture at this point.

Ali

The fact that his name was even mentioned as a possible source is a problem.

As I've mentioned a few times, instead of blaming the fans for sharing the songs of their favorite band, maybe they should be looking at themselves first before threatening people. The leaks are obviously coming from inside their camp first and then being passed along. What do they think will happen, a couple thousand fans will have the songs and not tell anyone.

That was my point of my original post.

Fernando is a dick, and he steals from Axl, gives unreleased material to his backstabbing friends, then acts like a tough guy on the computer while blaming the fans of Axl for stealing, loser.

Can you clarify this... I have no memory of this.

Not much else to say or add. He is rumored to be the one who passed around the songs which turned out to be the leaks pertaining to CD. I believe he gave them to Jarmo and some people in Portugal, then msl tricked them for the songs.

But, this was never confirmed though, was it? It's still just conjecture at this point.

Ali

The fact that his name was even mentioned as a possible source is a problem.

As I've mentioned a few times, instead of blaming the fans for sharing the songs of their favorite band, maybe they should be looking at themselves first before threatening people. The leaks are obviously coming from inside their camp first and then being passed along. What do they think will happen, a couple thousand fans will have the songs and not tell anyone.

That was my point of my original post.

I'm with ya on that man. Right on.

NGOG, how can a man that says "suck me" to a fan be somewhat competent? He is not at all. The fan is an asshole, but that doesnt change anything. He shouldn't behave like that as GnR official manager.

That's why I like Vanessa - she doesnt get into those stupid online wars.

Fernando in a 2hr GNR 2014 meeting today.

What?
Fernando posted a picture of a beach and then posted "in yet another 2h GnR 2014 meeting today". They were probably discussing more beach towel giveaways.

Actually, what he said was "This pic was meant to be posted earlier during my 2hr+ meeting of GN'R 2014 earlier today".

Ali

NGOG, how can a man that says "suck me" to a fan be somewhat competent? He is not at all. The fan is an asshole, but that doesnt change anything. He shouldn't behave like that as GnR official manager.

Exactly! I get that some fans have it coming but the fact remains that Fernando is putting himself on a pedestal by working for the GNR camp and is seen as someone who handles communication and business duties. Every time he posts these types of things he makes the GNR camp look unprofessional and therefore does not bode well for GNR overall. Same goes for Beta.

With all due respect, that guy was taking a shot at Fernando's mother. Good or bad, that is a factor. I know I tend to get protective or defensive of my mother.

Ali

Exactly! I get that some fans have it coming but the fact remains that Fernando is putting himself on a pedestal by working for the GNR camp and is seen as someone who handles communication and business duties. Every time he posts these types of things he makes the GNR camp look unprofessional and therefore does not bode well for GNR overall. Same goes for Beta.
Can you imagine U2's manager going "Bono doesnt like Axl but we could make them play at the same festival, they'll both be headliners". Fernando goes "Blow me".

:lol:

Ali, I know. But why didnt he say "not nice of you, please show some respect" instead of "blow me"? That was not nice and doesnt matter what was said. He is GnR's OFFICIAL manager, he speaks on behalf of Guns.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

So? Ali, that didnt change anything. He said he was in yet another 2h+ meeting today". That's exactly what I posted.

My point in making the distinction was that he was not posting that picture from the meeting, implying he was on the beach during the meeting. I took the beach picture to be a joke. A subtle distinction, but for clarity's sake, I pointed it out.

Ali

With all due respect, that guy was taking a shot at Fernando's mother. Good or bad, that is a factor. I know I tend to get protective or defensive of my mother.

Ali

However, an individual in a management position should remain professional. It is his job to represent Guns N' Roses in s professional manner. In what other management position can an individual use that language to a guest/fan/contact and keep his position?

Alright guys, this has blown up and probably gone on way further than it should.

Right from the start, two things have been clear:

- Beta should never have sent that message

- Her personal information shouldn't have been posted afterwards

It's always been obvious to me that management have a distaste for our board, so the "assholes" comment wasn't exactly left-field. I guess I didn't realise how many people would be surprised to hear we'd been called that, so I didn't expect the strong reaction.

Having said that, in my mind, people are now going too far. Our best course at this point is to take the high road - that tsunta guy still nagging Fernando, etc is not something I want to be seen as supporting, regardless of what they think or say about us. I'd also like to ask people to stop posting the private messages. We'll end up with a situation where nobody is prepared to talk to fans via social media if it keeps going on. Unprofessional or not, TB are obviously emotional people and they've been provoked more invasively than usual over the past 48 hours, on the back of a song leaking for the first time in years. It's time to see this diffused before there's another kneejerk reaction for people to complain about next week.

It doesn't change anything, we'll run the board the same way tomorrow as we were yesterday. I don't want people to take this as a green light for the recent changes suddenly being off the table.

- we're still a GN'R forum.... for now.
  • Like 2