Band/Management Personal Info - Don't post this

highvoltage

Who knew back in 96 when Axl recreated Guns N' Roses it was to reap all of that nostalgic money. Nice long term goal Axl. You're essentially Mini-Kiss.

KISS has released two excellent albums since 2008, has changed it's setlist, stage, has released numerous products including live DVDs, compilations, merch etc, and treat their fans the way they should be treated. Of all bands I love, I am fulfilled as a KISS fan more so than any other band. If I wanted to buy something related to KISS, even music-wise, that I don't have or haven't heard yet, I can. I always can. With GnR, I'm bored beyond words.

KISS is the best and worst example of how bands are marketed, they're made fun of for how much crap Gene Simmons puts the KISS name on, and I know Paul probably cringes at some of the things Gene signed off on, but he refused to take part in Family Jewels and has veto power if it's too ridiculous for him. Heard the Myrtle Beach coffeehouse is closing down.

Who knew back in 96 when Axl recreated Guns N' Roses it was to reap all of that nostalgic money. Nice long term goal Axl. You're essentially Mini-Kiss.

KISS has released two excellent albums since 2008, has changed it's setlist, stage, has released numerous products including live DVDs, compilations, merch etc, and treat their fans the way they should be treated. Of all bands I love, I am fulfilled as a KISS fan more so than any other band. If I wanted to buy something related to KISS, even music-wise, that I don't have or haven't heard yet, I can. I always can. With GnR, I'm bored beyond words.

If they treat the fans the way they should be treated, they wouldn't have pulled that disgusting Tommy Thayer move.

To clarify. I said Mini Kiss

I was responding to Cosmonaut.

I couldn't be less fulfilled as a Kiss fan. In fact, I no longer have anything to do with that band and they used to mean a great deal to me.

Same thing that's happening to another band, in spades.

2 quick points:

1. if this is true and Beta is saying because a song that you can barely hear Axl on backing vocals and 2-different version of an already unreleased were leaked that there is now no reason to release anything. That is ridiculous. Seriously its not like the whole album was leaked

2. this is not the lowest point of GNR IMO that will always be 2002. GNR is out touring and it looks like a live DVD is immanent

In my view, this makes the atmosphere here an honest, true reflection of the (Internet) fanbase and the way they feel about the current band and management. If you have a positive view, then you also have the opportunity to have it heard - that's how it works here.

But it doesn't work that way. You end up with some forums attracting positive fans and some forums attracting negative fans. As admins it is your decisions what fans you would cater to. If you allow people to unreasonably attack and bash the band and management, then that sends a strong signal about what you want with the place, and you end up attracting those kinds of fans. If you believed that by allowing every opinion to ne boived you would end up with a forum conveying the average opinion, you are wrong. You end up with those fans who are banned elsewher, those troll who come just for the shits and giggles, and so on.

The only fans we made a decision to "cater" to were the fans who want to discuss the band. It was a pretty simple one.

If we're only attracting a certain type of fan, where are all the positive ones posting SM? This IS the average. If you were right, HTGTH would have more people posting there.

Why then are there numerous members here who have consistently said they DON'T want a new album by this band and rather just want the band to throw in the towel? Where does they fit in your equation?

They are a minority, and the people that post that type of thing every day are the sort that we've banned, thanks very much. Most of the people wanting the band to throw in the towel are disappointed that the future seems to be all touring and nothing more.

I agree with your overall argument that a large part of the fanbase will be very positive if something positive happens, but don't pretend like this encompass everyone here and like these rotten apples haven't been instrumental in maintaining the strained relationship between not only this forum and GN'R but the whole Internet fanbase and the band.

Who cast the first stone SM? The fans or management? It's management's job to mend the fences, not the other way around. Look how far the fans got last time they tried... 5 questions, anyone?

Its not a matter of songs leaking or not IMO.

its a matter of an "us against them" attitude at this point. I personally believe that the relationship between the band and the forums can still be repaired but it'll take some work on both sides.

What did the text say exactly?

It said verbatim:

"I'm glad everyone is happy with stolen material. Well, I guess that's it. We don't need to put anything out now. Everyone took the fun of everything. MSL and co will pay for what they did"

If "Going Down" and a bunch of remixes of Better were somehow all that Team Brazil had left up its sleeve for a future release...that's really fucking sad.

Mercy-kill this shitshow. End the band, Axl.

You can't post people's personal info on the net without their permission. Its very wrong on several levels.

Wasn't it wrong for Beta to go straight to the media with details of what Slash told her in 2005 when he showed up to Axl's house?

Chinese Hypocrisy

• Like 1

You can't post people's personal info on the net without their permission. Its very wrong on several levels.

Wasn't it wrong for Beta to go straight to the media with details of what Slash told her in 2005 when he showed up to Axl's house?

Chinese Hypocrisy

She also put her number on the Internet. It's out there.

Betas name and number have been posted all over the Internet for over a decade, and is easily findable by anyone with access to google. Some of the members who have been around since the early days will remember the various cars sales etc,

Betas name and number have been posted all over the Internet for over a decade, and is easily findable by anyone with access to google. Some of the members who have been around since the early days will remember the various cars sales etc,

Haha. Yup.

Chinese Hypocrisy

Is that really the same as posting a private phone number and home address for hundreds of people to see? All because they made you mad?

I guess I just don't see the point. In adding fuel to the fire. That goes for both throwing anyone's personal info out there along with trying to get in as many cheap shots as possible.

Again, I'm aiming this at both sides.

Chinese Hypocrisy

She also put her number on the Internet. It's out there.

Still isn't right for someone who's butthurt that she made a particular statement to start posting it again - whether or not that statement was really appropriate to make.

Man, I really had high hopes for TB when Axl announced that Beta was the manager - we got the live streams, the UCAP tour, an official fan club (As much of a joke as it is), etc. But this is just sad. It's no way to treat your fanbase, and shit like this is making it increasingly difficult to love Guns the way I do.

Man, I really had high hopes for TB when Axl announced that Beta was the manager - we got the live streams, the UCAP tour, an official fan club (As much of a joke as it is), etc. But this is just sad. It's no way to treat your fanbase, and shit like this is making it increasingly difficult to love Guns the way I do.

Its a tough spot.

The natural feeling of wondering just how much shit we are supposed to take is a valid one. But since we all make these little speeches, then fall right back into line and accept it all, is it hard to wonder why Axl does not change?