posting shit about the band thats apparent and true

what you pissed off because Im semi retired

and stopped giving a shit about you

Get in the ring mother fuckers Get in the ring

you dont like my "psuedoo work ethic"

You dont like how I dive in and find the monkey anymore

then I wont release CD2 to you or anyone

especially to your local Best Buy store

(morphs into Madagascars new lyrics sample)

I wont told that I care anymore

wont be told that Im a has been

trying to even the score

I wont be told anymore

that this here is a wreck on the shore

so you listen to old demos

that were found on the floor

And that goes for all you assholes who love GNR

and think they should put out new music

for me it isnt about making music anymore

for me its about making money

that shit dont work for me anymore being a macho rocken roller

it isnt about how many fans love and adore me

it isnt about how many stadiums I fill

or about the millions of albums I could sell

i cant come out here and do what I do

if my fucking heads out of the game

Beta is probably the rat in the management that keeps handing out the leaks. She tries covering her tracks with stuff like this

Fernando has been confirmed as a source for many leaks. He handed demos out like candy when he was younger.

For real? If so wow.

In my view, this makes the atmosphere here an honest, true reflection of the (Internet) fanbase and the way they feel about the current band and management. If you have a positive view, then you also have the opportunity to have it heard - that's how it works here.

But it doesn't work that way. You end up with some forums attracting positive fans and some forums attracting negative fans. As admins it is your decisions what fans you would cater to. If you allow people to unreasonably attack and bash the band and management, then that sends a strong signal about what you want with the place, and you end up attracting those kinds of fans. If you believed that by allowing every opinion to ne boived you would end up with a forum conveying the average opinion, you are wrong. You end up with those fans who are banned elsewher, those cupcake who come just for the shits and giggles, and so on.

Maybe there wouldn't even BE a reason for us to censor people for them if they could try and understand one thing:

The GN'R camp need to realise that ALL fans want is new music from a band they LOVE.

Thanks for typing it out for me.

Why then are there numerous members here who have consistently said they DON'T want a new album by this band and rather just want the band to throw in the towel? Where does they fit in your equation?

I agree with your overall argument that a large part of the fanbase will be very positive if something positive happens, but don't pretend like this encompass everyone here and like these rotten apples haven't been instrumental in maintaining the strained relationship between not only this forum and GN'R but the whole Internet fanbase and the band.

First off, I have to say that I have obviously have no idea what the motivation was to label the owners of this forum "assholes", if indeed that's what occurred. Regardless, it would be a petulant cheap-shot. If it has something to do with the spreading of the leaks through this site, I understand the frustration and think that could've been handled more swiftly, more proactively instead of reactively. But, I think it would have been hard to police no matter what.

Ultimately, though, I have to agree with SM on the fact there are rotten apples here that have adversely impacted the forum as a whole. The examples I always think of are the attacks towards BBF and Fernando when he was suspected of being a source of a previous round of leaks.

I understand that HV and co have taken some great measures recently to weed out the rotten apples, but it's possible that the damage has already been done. After all, BBF has not come back here and will likely not come back here again after what happened the last time.

Also, I agree in principle with SM that as admins it is your call who and what behaviors you allow and that will shape your forum. As an example, to his credit, MSL has shaped a forum that will honest dialogue occurs, I don't see much if any of the personal insults and attacks that are seen on other forums.

All that being said, blaming HV and Subs seems to be an act of frustration because they are easy targets as the owners of the forum. It isn't right because that doesn't accurately capture the issues that have come up here. To their credit, the owners are making great efforts to change these things. Whether or not that is a case of too little too late remains to be seen.

Ali

What did the text say exactly?

It said verbatim:

"I'm glad everyone is happy with stolen material. Well, I guess that's it. We don't need to put anything out now. Everyone took the fun of everything. MSL and co will pay for what they did"

What was the fun people begging for new music?

I think so, yes. They probably feel good when fans get angry because they cant seem to stick to their words: "New album by next year", "trilogy", "you will hear new music this year", "we just have to figure out our deal with the label", etc.

What did the text say exactly?

It said verbatim:

"I'm glad everyone is happy with stolen material. Well, I guess that's it. We don't need to put anything out now. Everyone took the fun of everything. MSL and co will pay for what they did"

What was the fun people begging for new music?

I think so, yes. They probably feel good when fans get angry because they cant seem to stick to their words: "New album by next year", "trilogy", "you will hear new music this year", "we just have to figure out our deal with the label", etc.

They feel good when fans get angry but get upset when angry fans do stupid things because they're angry???

At this point, TB have to choose if they want to be Axl's "family" or GN'R management. Or, for the better, Axl have to choose if he want's to have them as "family" or managers.

There's no way to keep both "jobs". There's a lot of pressure and they can't handle with it ... some full-time professional and experienced managers can't handle, how could "family" do?

Look what's happening now ... Beta, who took Axl out of the basement a few years ago, is now accused of keeping him locked in that same basement. How ridiculous can this be?

TB and Axl, for the good of your personal relationships, for the good of this band and for the good of the community, think carefully about what you're doing.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by GUNNER PT

Axl agree's with us..

That was so embarrassing. I was there, standing in the rain, and he was playing internal jokes with the crowd. I don't know, it's weird.

Ah, come on... What's the problem? He always does that, it's part of the show. If you go to a Guns N' Roses concert expect internal jokes, rants and stuff like that.

For somebody trying to manage a western brand, Beta’s grasp on the English language is questionable. It’s high time they appointed somebody who doesn’t inadvertently insult the fanbase every time they attempt to speak about something.

The incident where they publicly said they knew nothing regarding the future of GNR highlighted the need for some sort of PR guru.

In my view, this makes the atmosphere here an honest, true reflection of the (Internet) fanbase and the way they feel about the current band and management. If you have a positive view, then you also have the opportunity to have it heard - that's how it works here.

But it doesn't work that way. You end up with some forums attracting positive fans and some forums attracting negative fans. As admins it is your decisions what fans you would cater to. If you allow people to unreasonably attack and bash the band and management, then that sends a strong signal about what you want with the place, and you end up attracting those kinds of fans. If you believed that by allowing every opinion to ne boived you would end up with a forum conveying the average opinion, you are wrong. You end up with those fans who are banned elsewher, those cupcake who come just for the shits and giggles, and so on.

The only fans we made a decision to "cater" to were the fans who want to discuss the band. It was a pretty simple one.

If we're only attracting a certain type of fan, where are all the positive ones posting SM? This IS the average. If you were right, HTGTH would have more people posting there.

Why then are there numerous members here who have consistently said they DON'T want a new album by this band and rather just want the band to throw in the towel? Where does they fit in your equation?

They are a minority, and the people that post that type of thing every day are the sort that we've banned, thanks very much. Most of the people wanting the band to throw in the towel are disappointed that the future seems to be all touring and nothing more.

I agree with your overall argument that a large part of the fanbase will be very positive if something positive happens, but don't pretend like this encompass everyone here and like these rotten apples haven't been instrumental in maintaining the strained relationship between not only this forum and GN'R but the whole Internet fanbase and the band.

Who cast the first stone SM? The fans or management? It's management's job to mend the fences, not the other way around. Look how far the fans got last time they tried... 5 questions, anyone?

- The positive ones left because the largest fan forum soured. They scattered to other sites or left altogether because they couldn't find a large, active forum that weren't cupcake infested and negative.

- HTGTH doesn't have lots of active members because that site has taken it too far the other way.

- As I said elsewhere, well done on banning some of the minority. I think it was long overdue, as you know ;). But the damage was done in regards to GN'R, I am afraid. Hell, you inherited a bad relationship from the previous owner. I wish the management will see the efforts you have been doing and at least that the organization and lax attitude you took towards that vocal minority of people intent of ruining the fun was borne from a benign, albeit naive, desire to create a place everyone would feel welcome. I hope they see the efforts you have made and makes an effort into improving relations. You deserve that.

- I am not disagreeing at all that the band management has handled things poorly, atrociously so in fact. But whether they cast the first stone or not is neither something I know anything about or really relevant to my argument.

- To summarize: Amazingly unprofessional and petty of Beta to write what she wrote (if indeed she did), but I kind of see some of the reasons why she might not be a huge fan of mygnrforum although I doesn't think that at all defends calling you an asshole or in general not reaching out a hand to you and Subsy and making an adult effort of improving relations.

Axl agree's with us..

That was so embarrassing. I was there, standing in the rain, and he was playing internal jokes with the crowd. I don't know, it's weird.

“She hits me all the time it’s an abusive relationship.”

What exactly is this relationship Axl and Beta share? Who describes the situation of a mother and son as a “relationship”?

Blaming two or three posters for the shitty relationship between GNR and the fans = :rofl-lol: coo-coo

Who is doing that?

Maybe some of what I'm saying can be misconstrued as that. But there's a helluva lot more than "two or three" fans out there who are constantly insulting pretty much everything to do with the band. And that's before you even consider open personal attacks and insults.

Blaming two or three posters for the shitty relationship between GNR and the fans = :rofl-lol: coo-coo

Who is doing that?

Maybe some of what I'm saying can be misconstrued as that. But there's a helluva lot more than "two or three" fans out there who are constantly insulting pretty much everything to do with the band. And that's before you even consider open personal attacks and insults.

Nope, it wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular really.

In general, banning 2 or 3 people from any forum isn't going to fix the trainwreck. It's whack-a-mole and it's the management and band themselves that create it, not the other way around.

Axl has always treated the general public with contempt! Even in the early 90s when he basically said(in response to the late starts) "Don't go to the show. If you were getting laid, you wouldn't care what time it is". How unprofessional, selfish, egotistical and careless is that? This only got worse when the easy-going Slash and Duff left the picture and were replaced by employee musicians(that is what they are) who don't have the platform or balls to iterate anything other than their employer's sentiments.

This is not a recent event. It is not a new revelation. Axl has treated fans like peasants for a good 20 years!

Edited by Young_Gun

Axl has always treated the general public with contempt! Even in the early 90s when he basically said(in response to the late starts) "Don't go to the show. If you were getting laid, you wouldn't care what time it is". How unprofessional, selfish, egotistical and careless is that? This only got worse when the easy-going Slash and Duff left the picture and were replaced by employee musicians(that is what they are) who don't have the platform or balls to iterate anything other than their employer's sentiments.

This is not a recent event. It is not a new revelation. Axl has treated fans like peasants for a good 20 years!

Easily one of my biggest beefs.

Axl didn't start acting like a jerk on 7/18/93. Or 10/31/96. Or whatever other arbitrary date you want use where "the band died" as you see it.

No, he was a jerk pretty much the whole time, even in their prime. I find it incredibly hypocritical that many rolled with that for years, then once things went in a direction they didn't like, Axl's behavior was suddenly a problem. Or at all new.

Nope.