Band/Management Personal Info - Don't post this

highvoltage

Blaming two or three posters for the shitty relationship between GNR and the fans = :rofl-lol: coo-coo

Who is doing that?

Maybe some of what I'm saying can be misconstrued as that. But there's a helluva lot more than "two or three" fans out there who are constantly insulting pretty much everything to do with the band. And that's before you even consider open personal attacks and insults.

Nope, it wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular really.

In general, banning 2 or 3 people from any forum isn't going to fix the trainwreck. It's whack-a-mole and it's the management and band themselves that create it, not the other way around.

Oh I agree. I mean the Internet, like life, is always going to have folks who act poorly. I guess I just choose to look at the online fan base through different eyes than TB does. For me, I see more than enough trying to support GNR in anyway they can and who truly mean well. From what I can tell, TB doesn't see that at all.

Blaming two or three posters for the shitty relationship between GNR and the fans = :rofl-lol: coo-coo

Who is doing that?

But there's a helluva lot more than "two or three" fans out there who are constantly insulting pretty much everything to do with the band. And that's before you even consider open personal attacks and insults.

My point exactly.

Why does she talk as if she is the leader of the band? This is what I find infuriating. Not to mention childish. It's like she's saying she has control over Axl. What happens if he wants to release an album?

I suspect whatever relationship they have it's unhealthy.

She IS in control of the band.

Axl was probably in a depression mode in the mid 90's. Beta and her family supported him in the band and gained axl's love and trust.

Now, axl thinks 90% of what she says is right and when he doesn't like her ideas, she threatens to leave.

She's a manipulative old fart and her kids aren't any better.

Axl has always treated the general public with contempt! Even in the early 90s when he basically said(in response to the late starts) "Don't go to the show. If you were getting laid, you wouldn't care what time it is". How unprofessional, selfish, egotistical and careless is that? This only got worse when the easy-going Slash and Duff left the picture and were replaced by employee musicians(that is what they are) who don't have the platform or balls to iterate anything other than their employer's sentiments.

This is not a recent event. It is not a new revelation. Axl has treated fans like peasants for a good 20 years!

Easily one of my biggest beefs.

Axl didn't start acting like a jerk on 7/18/93. Or 10/31/96. Or whatever other arbitrary date you want use where "the band died" as you see it.

No, he was a jerk pretty much the whole time, even in their prime. I find it incredibly hypocritical that many rolled with that for years, then once things went in a direction they didn't like, Axl's behavior was suddenly a problem. Or at all new.

Nope.

Except there were some things different in the early days till 1993. The band was exciting, the band was creating great music, they released albums, they did interviews, Axl did interviews, they made videos, they made great music, released a live show, made TV appearances, they were on the covers on magazines, they made great music... did I mentioned they made great music? ... GNR was almost perfect.

Yes Axl has mostly the same attitude but the problem now is that the rest isn't quite good...

Coming from the same guy that would turn into a public bitch about certain gigs or situations only to retract them a day later. Sorry if I don't share his molded sentiment.

Are you talking about me?

Um...Bumblefoot. Duh. Why would I be discussing you in the GNR section?

• Like 1

Coming from the same guy that would turn into a public bitch about certain gigs or situations only to retract them a day later. Sorry if I don't share his molded sentiment.

Because I replied to you without quoting so I thought you were doing the same. Just a misunderstanding, no need to be a dick. :)

Axl went into a deep depression over Seymore leaving his ass. He couldn't give two shits about Slash and Duff leaving as he always saw Guns as his own band anyway. Plus he was getting sued to oblivion for his own idiotic actions. That is when Beta came in and now we have a trainwreck of a band.

If you don't think Bumblefoot is an artist you definetly don't know 1% of his work.

Glad to be here is amazing!11!!

But seriously, artistic integrity is important and at this point, with the way the band members retract their own opinions and take on the opinions of the mothership for the payday does not display 1% of artistic integrity.

Because I replied to you without quoting so I thought you were doing the same. Just a misunderstanding, no need to be a dick. :)

How was I being a dick?

Beta could write a book on how not to manage a band.

-Step one: Tour for 10 years off and on playing the same songs

-Step two: Continue touring

-Step three: Act like a jerk to the loyal fans

-Step four: Keep leader of the band guarded from insults, fans, enemys, and media.

-Step five: Don't talk about new music, dvd's, concerts, old band members, etc.

Seriously though, if I were axl, her and her family would be LONG gone. Axl is smart enough he could manage the band himself if he wanted to.

Just because you don't find his work "good" or "amazing" doesn't mean he isn't an artist.

But, that's a discussion for another place. :)

Just because someone doesn't share the opinion that BBF is an artist doesn't mean that they don't know his work.

And yes, it's definitely a side project discussion. With a side of hot sauce.