Fernando's answer *UK SUBS post PG19*

loko

I've had to remove some posts and send out some warnings.

If all you have to say is "fuck you!", honestly, just don't bother posting it. It's not constructive, and really only gives off the impression that what they think of our community is right.

There were a lot of things I didn't agree with or like about that letter, but this particularly stood out:

if you are the person in whom thinks negatively 100% of the time, whatever gets said or not said, will always gets contorted to fit your fantasy and further the hate/love towards someone you know nothing about

If the view is that a large number of people here think negatively 100% of the time, they are dead wrong. By and large, the majority of people here are practically begging for an excuse to be positive. Why is this point always ignored?

The part at the end was nice, seemed genuine to a degree - but the tendency to continually place blame on the fans is very annoying.

It seems the mantra of the band is: Dont look at us. Dont critique us. Love us unconditionally.

One must learn from the bashing GNR gets on a regular basis. Maybe there is some truth in the fans dislikes. However, the management treats it as complaints.

Its not a fight Axl n co. We understand that no matter how negative anyone will be towards the nu-GNR, Axl still wont be reuniting the old members in any way. We just want a good product or a product atleast.

It's delusional to pin the negativity on MyGNR being racist. A minority of bad apples may have opportunistically thrown that type of spanner in the works. But for the most part, it's a new music thing.

We just have to see it from their point of view more. I dont think they shoukd take it too seriously.

Well then what do you guys propose? We censor any negativity to get them here?

Isn't that what they want?

Are people here willing to do that?

No, we are not. My two cents, of course.

Edited by st0n3r

No. Where did anyone say we were going to do that?

I didn't say we were, I was asking

If they were to post here... you would hear no negativity from me tbh

but that's me... not sure how anyone else feels about that

This forum is good as it is. That's why I support it now and then. We discuss GNR and that means both the positive and the negative things. IF they can't handle any form of DECENT criticism, I don't need them here.

Edited by st0n3r

Guest cbgnr666

Well, yes, but Fernando is the manager of this band. I honestly don't care if he is "hurt". The fact that they put that out there by itself is unprofessional. All bands have to put up with this, but only this one resorts to whining about it instead of just ignoring it. Say what you want but Beta calling the admins of this board "assholes", the "complaints complaints complaints" reply,... Isn't all of that a tad bit ridiculous?

And so what if someone makes a joke about the "housekeeper-manager". It can be funny, without being meanspirited. Some people, pro- or against this band take everything to serious.

It's not true at all about other bands or artist's ignoring it.I've heard plenty mention this same situation with the trolling and the hate, and some have responded directly as well.

Anyway I hope relations improve for the good of all involved.

Well, yes, but Fernando is the manager of this band. I honestly don't care if he is "hurt". The fact that they put that out there by itself is unprofessional. All bands have to put up with this, but only this one resorts to whining about it instead of just ignoring it. Say what you want but Beta calling the admins of this board "assholes", the "complaints complaints complaints" reply,... Isn't all of that a tad bit ridiculous?

And so what if someone makes a joke about the "housekeeper-manager". It can be funny, without being meanspirited. Some people, pro- or against this band take everything to serious.

I have already said I find Fernando's posts at HTGTH a bit unprofessional.

As for jokes about house-keeper. Those are hard to do right. Almost all references to Beta as a former house-keeper are mean-spirited and meant to be insults.

If you go to blabbermouth and look at the comments on every thread. Everyone gets it. Its like a new hobby. I was wondering how long before cvs and resumes read something like interests: skydiving, chili offs, trolling mygnr.

• Like 2

Guest cbgnr666

This forum is good as it is. That's why I support it now and then. We discuss GNR and that means both the positive and the negative things. IF they can't handle any form of DECENT criticism, I don't need them here.

Constructive critisism about the music or the band is healthy,but the real personal shit,no.

I agree with what Fernando said about the "House-keeper" thing.

I do to. People say well they're management they should be more professional,but they've been targetted since day 1 really with some pretty awful shit.Anyone here would have hard feelings too if they were in the same boat.

Edited by cbgnr666

Sad thing is we are a great bunch...I'd say there is just maybe 5 assholes here that ruined it for all of us.

I really don't think it's time to throw in the towel and say everything is ruined. I really believe there's still a way for this to all work out. I think there can be a happy medium where people post their opinions, negative and positive, without crossing lines that people respect everyday out in the real world.

Thank you for trying to be the amending bridge here. I hope HV and Subsy understand what a great asset to this place you are.

I appreciate you saying that, I'm just trying to help out :)

I understand a lot of the ill will people feel towards any management team and everyone is obviously more than welcome to express that, but there has got to be a middle ground where things don't get so nasty.

Nope. Not when all they can do is insult the fanbase and talk about hate and racism. Fuck them. Now go ahead and overstep and delete this post. Gotta keep up appearances while absolutely nothing continues to happen with this "band."

No. Where did anyone say we were going to do that?

I've mentioned this before, I think it's worth mentioning again ...

Why can't we have a strongly moderated subforum here similar to Canter's Banter where only "courteous, polite and tactful conversation" is allowed? Sort of a reverse Attitude section, where Team Brazil and band members (current and former) can visit without having to deal with the negativity and personal attacks?

It's been working just fine with Marc, hasn't it?

• Like 2

Thats nice Fernando. Now go do your job.

And yes, this is a small step in the right direction, but it's hardly the result we're all hoping for after 5 years....

No. They shouldn't care about personal attacks at all.

True. It's called professionalism.

I know I'm guilty of negativity (a lot of times it's just to get a rise out of people tbh)

But I'm here for Guns N Roses... period

I understand where Fernando is coming from, and I understand why he wouldn't want to come here due to the negativity

But I think he's mistaken when he say's we gain something from watching the band fail

We all want the band to succeed, which is why we get so frustrated sometimes.

And when they respond to a question with "Complaints, Complaints, Complaints"

we're left wondering if they even care anymore

I'm more than willing to be positive if it means we get more news, and a chance to get closer to the band

But I don't think they will :shrugs: