Would you like to see a Q&A section of the forum for Axl/band members/management to answer and moderate?

UK SUBS

..... No trolling allowed AT ALL, just good honest genuine fans questions?

Thoughts please :)

Of course, but could you please elaborate the "trolling"? What counts trollng? Really honest question maybe turned out trolling for the management/Axl/band members

If the definition of trolling is the same like jarmo thinks, thanks, but no thanks

Anyway it would be cool if this happened

Honestly, that shouldn't need explaining! No offense.

ok

Let me ask a question then

The band members/Axl/Tb are willing to do this?

have you got any messages from them?

I'm only asking this because the recent Fernando "incident"

Of course, but could you please elaborate the "trolling"? What counts trollng? Really honest question maybe turned out trolling for the management/Axl/band members

If the definition of trolling is the same like jarmo thinks, thanks, but no thanks

ok

No contact at all, no. Just an idea.

Great idea.

I just think that they might not want to undermine Jarmo by posting here when they already have a forum they could post on with it being moderated they way the want it to? No harm in asking.

Axl came here first for his chats, not HTGTH. They can come here and talk to us, while /jarmo can go on tour with them. I think it's a pretty even exchange. -_-

I agree, but Fernando posted what he said this morning, largely about this forum, on HTGTH.

Right. He was "talking" about us behind our backs. It's a very mature approach.

I'd take Axl coming here to chat, before Fernando going there to bitch. But I digress....

He spelled out the problem with this place. (I assume it was this forum, I don't think it was mentioned by name). Ok, so here's a suggestion, now the ball is in their court. Unless of course they would rather keep bitching about us.

Great idea.

I just think that they might not want to undermine Jarmo by posting here when they already have a forum they could post on with it being moderated they way the want it to? No harm in asking.

Axl came here first for his chats, not HTGTH. They can come here and talk to us, while /jarmo can go on tour with them. I think it's a pretty even exchange. -_-

I agree, but Fernando posted what he said this morning, largely about this forum, on HTGTH.

Right. He was "talking" about us behind our backs. It's a very mature approach.

I'd take Axl coming here to chat, before Fernando going there to bitch. But I digress....

He spelled out the problem with this place. (I assume it was this forum, I don't think it was mentioned by name). Ok, so here's a suggestion, now the ball is in their court. Unless of course they would rather keep bitching about us.

Man YOU get it aswell ;)

That's you and sofine.

UK yes of course I think this would definitely improve the morale of the fans, and I know you've made this topic for polling purposes but the issue at hand is not how people here feel about it but how the band members/management would respond..

As I suggested in another thread, perhaps you could make one or two new accounts titled as 'gnrofficial' or 'team brazil' or 'bumblefootGNR' etc with moderator access but disabling visibility of the rest of the postboard so their attention isn't diverted.. set them up with these accounts and passwords, and maybe to show how serious you are, give them a opportunity to bypass the main forum with their own link like mygnrforum.com/gnrofficial which redirects to the forum login page..

Thanks for your initiative all the same..

Edited by rhiad85

ok

No contact at all, no. Just an idea.

Great idea

hopefully the camp consider this

UK yes of course I think this would definitely improve the morale of the fans, and I know you've made this topic for polling purposes but the issue at hand is not how people here feel about it but how the band members/management would respond..

As I suggested in another thread, perhaps you could make one or two new accounts titled as 'gnrofficial' or 'team brazil' or 'bumblefootGNR' etc with moderator access but disabling visibility of the rest of the postboard so their attention isn't diverted.. set them up with these accounts and passwords, and maybe to show how serious you are, give them a opportunity to bypass the main forum with their own link like mygnrforum.com/gnrofficial which redirects to the forum login page..

I think the first step is putting the offer out there, which has now been done. The details can work out later, if there is a response or if any interest in the idea is shown. Your kind of putting the horse before the cart right now.

Baby steps...

I think the first step is putting the offer out there, which has now been done. The details can work out later, if there is a response or if any interest in the idea is shown. Your kind of putting the horse before the cart right now.

Baby steps...

I don't think I was getting ahead of anything.. I made these suggestions with the perspective that, if it is done and a offer is made, the band members, managers etc can see that the moderators of this forum are taking this seriously and making extra effort to accommodate them.. not just saying 'look come back to mygnr we'll control things better' but 'look come here to mygnr, we can see things have gone out of hand, we'd like to propose x and y and z"..

Baby steps...

I don't think I was getting ahead of anything.. I made these suggestions with the perspective that, if it is done and a offer is made, the band members, managers etc can see that the moderators of this forum are taking this seriously and making extra effort to accommodate them.. not just saying 'look come back to mygnr we'll control things better' but 'look come here to mygnr, we can see things have gone out of hand, we'd like to propose x and y and z"..

The idea has been floating around for a whole five minutes. I don't see the point of laying out plans when nothing has been accepted. Especially when most of us already know how this is going to turn out already.

Baby steps...

The idea has been floating around for a whole five minutes. I don't see the point of laying out plans when nothing has been accepted. Especially when most of us already know how this is going to turn out already.

I didn't see any harm in making some suggestions, but in any case, I will leave my pointless ideas here and be on my way.

Baby steps...

I didn't see any harm in making some suggestions, but in any case, I will leave my pointless ideas here and be on my way.

I wasn't trying to be rude. The ideas were good, just a bit premature I thought. It would be nice if it actually did happen by some miracle...

Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea on paper. But with all due respect, it's kinda pathetic that we pretty much have to wipe their asses with baby wipes for them to even consider posting here.

And what exactly is THEIR definition of "trolling", and how far away is it from our definition? Is saying "what exactly is the hold up?" negative and destructive in their apparently distorted eyes? Do we even know where to draw a line that would be satisfactory to them? Is it even possible?

Just my two pennies.

• Like 1

I think it would be great if they agreed to participate but based on interviews by any band member or associate not named Axl do you really expect them to be allowed to tell us anything of substance? I sure don't but what the hell it is worth a shot....

And concerning Marc, How can anyone give him a hard time considering what he contributes...........he has been more then open with us when asked reasonable questions even though he knows some of his answers will piss Axl off. You have to respect the man putting himself out there, being honest, and not playing favorites...........

Edited by classicrawker

I've suggested this multiple times already, but not with the expectation that they'd be doing the moderating.

Subsy, would you be willing to make this happen if it's your mods that will have to oversee the subforum?

If that were the case, we'd probably have to set posts for manual approval in such a section.