Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

6 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Heard about that earlier today. I got you either way. Just get at me as June approaches and we'll go from there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

Got the Queen Studio Collection in earlier this week. It's one hell of a box set.

It's treated like the Beatles sets (same style box, comes with a book, etc). Anyhow, it's nice to have brand new copies of their entire collection.

I've almost bought that many times but never pulled the trigger. I own Hits I & II, Live at Wembley and Innudeno. I keep trying to convince myself I need the whole set. 

20 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I've almost bought that many times but never pulled the trigger. I own Hits I & II, Live at Wembley and Innudeno. I keep trying to convince myself I need the whole set. 

Dude, if you buy it from musicvaultz, between the exchange rate to USD and using a coupon, you can get it for 300 flat, shipped. It was 450 which would be basically 500 after tax in my local store (Amoeba).

• Like 1

I signed up for Vinyl Me, Please for the next three months because the April album is the first and as of now, only vinyl release fo the Stooges first album by way of the John Cale Mix. One of the other three are a cool re-issue of the White Stripe's De Stijl. I really just wanted the Stooges album but the WS one is cool and I will probably just sell the other one which I think was a Stevie Knicks album.

• Like 2

I recently flew from Brisbane to Melbourne to see Tool live (they were incredible) and bought a bunch of records at a great shop in Melbourne. Unfortunately though, the one I was most excited about getting home to listen to was the Guns N’ Roses Transmissions, rare radio and tv broadcasts. Has Jungle, Patience, DOTF, CW, LALD, and the one I was most keen on - Free Fallin’. But the sound quality is terrible. So quiet, muddy and dull. So disappointing. I’m not about to do the 1000 miles trip to take it back though 😁

8 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

Listened to it yet?

I only got to listen to it once, front to back but I really liked what I heard. I need to listen again and really give it a better assessment. 

8 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

I was thinking about leaving my AudioTechnica set up with speakers, in my bedroom, and setting something else up downstairs in the living room. A guy near where I live is selling a Rega RP-1 turntable for $200 (AU). Is this a quality turntable?

I don't know much about the RP1 but I have a friend who has the RP2 and he loves it. 

18 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I only got to listen to it once, front to back but I really liked what I heard. I need to listen again and really give it a better assessment. 

I don't know much about the RP1 but I have a friend who has the RP2 and he loves it. 

Ok cool, thanks mate. Yeah it often takes more than one listen to gauge something properly 👍🏻

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 3:21 PM, Stiff Competition said:

Though really, they should just cancel it. Even if things mellow down, it's probably not best to have people wait in lines and rush in to stores. They should just send the stores the releases and let them put them out as normal and say, see you in november for RSD.

That's my hope. I really think it's bets to just split the releases up and bring them out over the course of several weeks. 

On 3/21/2020 at 3:08 PM, Stiff Competition said:

Got the Queen Studio Collection in earlier this week. It's one hell of a box set.

It's treated like the Beatles sets (same style box, comes with a book, etc). Anyhow, it's nice to have brand new copies of their entire collection.

I just learned this still existed after buying News of the World from Walmart. I decided I’m going to buy it in a few weeks. I already have News of the World, Hits I/II, Queen II, Sheer Heart Attack, A Night at the Opera, A Day at the Races, Flash Gordon, Live Killers, and The Game. Queen II-Races are from the Queen + Paul Rodgers boxset and The Game and Live Killers are original Elektra pressings. I don’t mind having duplicates, plus I want that colored vinyl in the boxset. 

Went on a bit of a binge recently. Picked up UYI I/II, The Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper, Rubber Soul, Abbey Road, Queen’s Greatest Hits II, Romeo Drive by Kevin Max, Led Zeppelin II, Queen’s News of the World, and Destroyer by Kiss. Has to order Kiss online unless I wanted Destroyer Resurrected. 

Edited by luciusfunk
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

On 4/6/2020 at 1:33 AM, luciusfunk said:

Went on a bit of a binge recently. Picked up UYI I/II, The Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper, Rubber Soul, Abbey Road, Queen’s Greatest Hits II, Romeo Drive by Kevin Max, Led Zeppelin II, Queen’s News of the World, and Destroyer by Kiss. Has to order Kiss online unless I wanted Destroyer Resurrected. 

I've always been curious about Destroyer Resurrected. Does it sound far different from the original?