Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

• 2 weeks later...

My summer of blue vinyls has concluded....the last one just arrived.  Some Japanese band I've never heard of; I just bought it cause I love Hisashi Eguchi.  The fact that the vinyl is blue is just a bonus.

GrYRYBr.jpg

OagBzcr.jpg

Once again, wanna shout out to Dean for making this possible by snagging that blue B&S for me!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

got in Live at Goose Lake today. This is the long lost final show of the original Stooges lineup.

Ef46RKMVoAEn0oz?format=jpg&name=small

Very nice. I live not too far from the camp grounds at Goose Lake. The outer shell of the stage is still out in the field. I have friends who have a camp site adjacent to the field. I always find myself day dreaming about the amazing concerts that were held on those grounds. 

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Very nice. I live not too far from the camp grounds at Goose Lake. The outer shell of the stage is still out in the field. I have friends who have a camp site adjacent to the field. I always find myself day dreaming about the amazing concerts that were held on those grounds. 

that's awesome the stage shell is still there!

Just picked up Magnetic by Gaudi on vinyl. £16 off his bandcamp page and includes download. Brilliant stuff. Pretty bizarre. One track has Bucket on it.

Also picked up signed limited edition clear vinyl of Max Richter's new album Voices. Melancholic and emotional.

How do I post images on here? 

Edited by ToonGuns
Spelling

Well, the day is almost upon us.

I haven't found any sites that are selling online.  After all, the whole point of RSD is to drive in foot traffic to the stores.

If anyone has any links to stores that are definitely gonna sell that Slint record, please let me know!   Otherwise I gotta pester poor Russ about it...

I’m getting my first turn table very soon. I’m thinking about getting the U Turn Orbit plus. Anyone have experience with it? It’s belt driven, and I’ve been told belts can be a hassle at times. I’m in love with the aesthetic of it and it seems to be really high quality for the price. 

57 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

I’m getting my first turn table very soon. I’m thinking about getting the U Turn Orbit plus. Anyone have experience with it? It’s belt driven, and I’ve been told belts can be a hassle at times. I’m in love with the aesthetic of it and it seems to be really high quality for the price. 

I don't own one, but I've heard VERY good things about them. A friend has the step down from the model and they're happy with it. 

Personally, I like the acrylic platter you get as an upgrade with the plus. I'm a big, big fan of acrylic platters for more than a few reasons, so that's a great upgrade. 

Belt driven decks can be a hassle in some ways, but I do like them better overall than direct drive decks. 

2 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

I haven't found any sites that are selling online.  After all, the whole point of RSD is to drive in foot traffic to the stores.

If anyone has any links to stores that are definitely gonna sell that Slint record, please let me know!   Otherwise I gotta pester poor Russ about it...

I won't be going to my local store until the early afternoon on Saturday, but if no one else helps you out by then, let me know. I'll be happy to take a look and see if they still have it. 

6 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

literally the post above this tells you where to buy online.

Listening to Jeff Becks Back to Back. This might be the most powerful rock n roll mix Ive heard. Nothing like the CD. Thundering bass, hard hitting drums, clav, synth and Becks guitar pyrotechnics... my speaker moves air with this one!! :headbang:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Yeah I checked Amoeba.   Sounds like it's gonna be a lottery type thing, like getting tickets at ticketmaster used to be in the 90s.   If you aren't one of the first callers in the first minute....you're shit out of luck.

it's not a lottery. They are just posting them online at 10am pst. First come, first served.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soon said:

Listening to Jeff Becks Back to Back. This might be the most powerful rock n roll mix Ive heard. Nothing like the CD. Thundering bass, hard hitting drums, clav, synth and Becks guitar pyrotechnics... my speaker moves air with this one!! :headbang:

Love, love, LOVE that feeling of the speakers moving the air. Nothing quite like it. 

• GNFNR 1

Well....Amoeba is completely fucked.

But it looks like I got lucky....for a minute there was a guy selling on discogs for retail price so I clicked order as fast as I could.

Looks like I can finally unclench my asshole.

All this for a fucking stupid record with two songs on it.  

Why do we do this to ourselves, as collectors??  Ugh.

40 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Well....Amoeba is completely fucked.

But it looks like I got lucky....for a minute there was a guy selling on discogs for retail price so I clicked order as fast as I could.

Looks like I can finally unclench my asshole.

All this for a fucking stupid record with two songs on it.  

Why do we do this to ourselves, as collectors??  Ugh.

Yeah amoeba is totally fucked.

Very cool Russ....."Midnight on the Inside Out" right into "Lickin" is such a killer one-two punch to open that album....love it.   And of course, one of their catchiest singles, "Soul Singin'" is on that album too.

The pink wax looks awesome too!

R-15805134-1598721550-4307.jpeg.jpg

I also got the SLINT record I wanted from a decent seller on discogs, and now all that's left are marked up copies by flippers.    Bastards.   But it was worth frantically clicking "refresh" cause I got the record I wanted, too.

Edited by estrangedtwat