Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

I need Tiny music on vinyl. TFFL is incredibly easy to get on vinyl, I paid 18 dollars for it. I don't think MC94 was released on vinyl though. If it was, I need to get it. I'm still missing SOLA and Theatre from Crüe. Let me know how Tiny Music sounds. I don't have colored vinyl, does it take away from the sound at all?

'94 is definitely on vinyl:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=102157&format=Vinyl

There's usually a copy or two floating around on eBay as well.

I forgot about SoLA, but I've got the Hits LP and that's got the title track on it so I think I'm good. Theatre is one of those records that I just love from when I was a kid so I've had that for a long time.

As for STP, I should get to listen to it tomorrow so I'll report back. It's by Music On Vinyl so I'm expecting it to sound as good as Core and Purple.

Colored vinyl is a matter of opinion. I generally don't think it sounds any worse. Picture Discs are the only thing that I absolutely cannot stand the sound of.

I need Tiny music on vinyl. TFFL is incredibly easy to get on vinyl, I paid 18 dollars for it. I don't think MC94 was released on vinyl though. If it was, I need to get it. I'm still missing SOLA and Theatre from Crüe. Let me know how Tiny Music sounds. I don't have colored vinyl, does it take away from the sound at all?

I forgot about SoLA, but I've got the Hits LP and that's got the title track on it so I think I'm good. Theatre is one of those records that I just love from when I was a kid so I've had that for a long time.

As for STP, I should get to listen to it tomorrow so I'll report back. It's by Music On Vinyl so I'm expecting it to sound as good as Core and Purple.

Colored vinyl is a matter of opinion. I generally don't think it sounds any worse. Picture Discs are the only thing that I absolutely cannot stand the sound of.

I've always thought that translucent colored vinyl seems to sound especially good for some reason....but yeah picture discs are only worth buying as part of a collection. They sound beyond terrible.

I've always thought that translucent colored vinyl seems to sound especially good for some reason....but yeah picture discs are only worth buying as part of a collection. They sound beyond terrible.

I've always been indifferent to colored vinyl. I've never come across any that I think sound worse than their black counter part. But yeah, pic discs are just the worst. I avoid owning them at all costs.

This STP does look pretty damn sweet though:

2wd25fn.jpg

i got kiss double platinum for $4.99 at a flea market. i gave it to my dad for christmas a few years ago.

My Kiss vinyl consists of Double Platinum, Smashes Thrashes & Hits, Alive III and Unplugged. Between all of those, I've got every song I could want and then some.

I need to get Destroyer, tbh that's only album I need from them. But Double platinum is alright.

I started with Double Platinum and was going to leave it at that, but then I saw Smashes Thrashes and Hits in a store for a good price and knew it was rare so I grabbed it. Same thing happened with Unplugged. Totally random, inexpensive find, knew it was rare so I grabbed it. After I had all of that, I thought "Fuck it... I loved Alive III when it came out, I might as well grab that too". The Revenge line up is my favorite so it's cool to hear them do all the hits.

I installed a new divider wall in each of my LP tables this morning to keep pressure off all the records in the back. It was a GIANT pain in the ass, but I got it done:

2hnubew.jpg

I listened to both the Jake Bugg LP and Tiny Music while I did it. I like the Jake Bugg album as much as my buddy said I would. Tiny Music sounds excellent as well. I even took a quick break to play Big Bang Baby twice in a row, louder the second time of course.

What's the boxset behind Mothership?

Celebration Day

I have that as well. I like it, but I gotta be honest I prefer all 70's era stuff. But even "old" Zeppelin is better than 90% of other bands. Kashmir and Good Times Bad Times are the highlights imo.

Celebration Day

I have that as well. I like it, but I gotta be honest I prefer all 70's era stuff. But even "old" Zeppelin is better than 90% of other bands. Kashmir and Good Times Bad Times are the highlights imo.

Kashmir sounds MONSTROUS on the Celebration Day LP, doesn't it??

Celebration Day

Celebration Day

Kashmir sounds MONSTROUS on the Celebration Day LP, doesn't it??

Its the highlight for sure.

I need to get Destroyer, tbh that's only album I need from them. But Double platinum is alright.

I started with Double Platinum and was going to leave it at that, but then I saw Smashes Thrashes and Hits in a store for a good price and knew it was rare so I grabbed it. Same thing happened with Unplugged. Totally random, inexpensive find, knew it was rare so I grabbed it. After I had all of that, I thought "Fuck it... I loved Alive III when it came out, I might as well grab that too". The Revenge line up is my favorite so it's cool to hear them do all the hits.

Not much love for KISS here, huh?

In the picture I posted, the top left square in the expedit shelf, is all KISS records.

Though, it is nice to see at least a little love for the Revenge lineup. I absolutely love Revenge and Alive III. I actually have revenge on blu marble vinyl and copies of Alive III on red and white vinyl. I still need the blue copy.

Got Lightning Bolt and The Chronic just recently. Haven't listened to the Chronic but LB is kicking on vinyl. Sirens and Pendulum especially.

How is your pressing? I keep wanting to buy it but I've read a ton of complaints with distortion on the first 2 tracks on side 1. From what I understand there was already a repress so I'm curious if yours is fixed. If so, I may finally go get it.

Not much love for KISS here, huh?

In the picture I posted, the top left square in the expedit shelf, is all KISS records.

Though, it is nice to see at least a little love for the Revenge lineup. I absolutely love Revenge and Alive III. I actually have revenge on blu marble vinyl and copies of Alive III on red and white vinyl. I still need the blue copy.

I don't dislike Kiss, but I don't love them ya know? I wouldn't mind coming across Revenge since I've got Alive III. The versions of everything on Alive III are my preferred versions. I fuckin' LOVE it when they come out of Rock & Roll All Nite right into Lick It Up!

I got the reissue (I think) of that where it came on either red, white or blue vinyl. I went with white for no particular reason but it sounds fantastic.

Anyone pick up the new Pearl Jam? Is it worth $30?

Edit: just saw J dogs post

Got Lightning Bolt and The Chronic just recently. Haven't listened to the Chronic but LB is kicking on vinyl. Sirens and Pendulum especially.

How is your pressing? I keep wanting to buy it but I've read a ton of complaints with distortion on the first 2 tracks on side 1. From what I understand there was already a repress so I'm curious if yours is fixed. If so, I may finally go get it.

Mine is all good. I know there were major problems when it was first released though. I know mine was bought in the last 2 weeks, so either the problems got corrected and the batches out now are all good or I just got lucky and got a good one. If you know yours is good Coma, it's probably worth it. Sounds great. Very cool package too.

Anyone pick up the new Pearl Jam? Is it worth $30?

Edit: just saw J dogs post

Mine is all good. I know there were major problems when it was first released though. I know mine was bought in the last 2 weeks, so either the problems got corrected and the batches out now are all good or I just got lucky and got a good one. If you know yours is good Coma, it's probably worth it. Sounds great. Very cool package too.

That's GREAT news. I'm gonna be out of town for a few weeks, but I'll probably grab one when I get back and hope it's one of the re-pressings.