Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

45 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Thanks for watching and yeah, I remembered SoLA as soon as we got done shooting that video lol. 

I'm not sure how many official pressings of MC94 were made but due to when it was released and how much real ones go for, it must be a very low number. 

I've seen those bootlegs too and I had to laugh at some of them having pics of Vince on the inner sleeve haha. I *might* actually buy the Generation Swine bootleg just to have Shout 97 on vinyl, but I'm on the fence about that. 

I have the 7" for Hooligans Holiday too and I probably should have included that in the video. I don't think it's super rare or anything, but I bought it about a year before I got the full album. 

If I saw one of these in a record store for a decent price, I'd be tempted to buy it. But the cheapest one on discogs is about $90 cdn with shipping, which is more than I'm willing to spend on a Motley bootleg lol.

The Hooligan's Holiday 7" might not be too rare, but I think the 12" single is more common? I don't know for sure though.

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If I saw one of these in a record store for a decent price, I'd be tempted to buy it. But the cheapest one on discogs is about $90 cdn with shipping, which is more than I'm willing to spend on a Motley bootleg lol.

The Hooligan's Holiday 7" might not be too rare, but I think the 12" single is more common? I don't know for sure though.

Yep, that's the bootleg I've seen. There's a site called Rollin Records that sells it for $40. I'm going down to a record store in Toledo that sells bootlegs tomorrow. If they don't have it, I may just grab it from that site. 

I'm not sure on the Hooligan's 7" vs 12" as far as rarity. I only bought the 7" because I never thought I'd get the full LP for a decent price. Now I have to go see if the 12" has something on it I need lol 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yep, that's the bootleg I've seen. There's a site called Rollin Records that sells it for $40. I'm going down to a record store in Toledo that sells bootlegs tomorrow. If they don't have it, I may just grab it from that site. 

I'm not sure on the Hooligan's 7" vs 12" as far as rarity. I only bought the 7" because I never thought I'd get the full LP for a decent price. Now I have to go see if the 12" has something on it I need lol 

I don't even know what a decent price would be for the S/T record... the cheapest one on discogs is almost $400 cdn after shipping :lol: I'd guess maybe it's comparable to Live Era, rarity/price-wise then?

On the one hand, $40 usd plus shipping is still probably more than I'd want to pay for Generation Swine, but on the other hand that pressing was released last year so the price is likely only gonna go up...

Has an interesting day. I blind bought Tayler Swift - Folklore. I've never heard one note of it but I've heard TONS of praise for it so I figured why not. 

In addition, I found out that Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway was pressed on vinyl as an Urban Outfitters exclusive a couple of years ago and I totally missed it. That's one of my favorite pop albums of all time, so I went on Discogs to track one down. I paid about double retail for it, but all the ones left on ebay and Discogs are almost double what I paid, so I'm good with it. 

Ordered a couple of bootlegs yesterday. Motley Crue - Generation Swine and the 3rd Alice In Chains album. No idea how they'll sound, but I'll give them a shot. 

Also, the next vinyl video (next Thursday) will cover a couple of different pressings of The White Album that I have. 

Picked up the Abbey Road remaster of CCR’s Pendulum, love that series of remasters, they sound spectacular! 

Also went digging and found some excellent copies of Double Vision and 4 by Foreigner, and Don’t Say No by Billy Squier, which I never realized was such a good album outside of the big singles

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

Just spent a small fortune:

Pre-ordered the boxset of Porcupine Tree - Octane Twisted which is being released on vinyl for the first time in April.

Also ordered both the 1969-72 and 1972-74 King Crimson boxsets.

So in total that's around 14 vinyls coming my way soon 🙂

I went on a bit of an ordering spree over the last week. Not anywhere near your level lol, but still, a lot more vinyl than I've bought in recent months. 

I've got 5 records (I think? Maybe 6?) showing up between today and mid next week. 

• Like 1

I also went on a few vinyl shopping sprees last weekend I went into the city to get a few"

• Yes - Tormato
  • The Michael Schenker Group - Michael Schenker Group
  • The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
  • Whitesnake - Slip Of The Tongue
  • Yes - Yessongs

Then I ordered the following off of Amazon in a box set:

• Helloween - Helloween EP
  • Helloween - Walls Of Jericho
  • Helloween - Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part 1
  • Helloween - Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part 2
  • Helloween - Judas EP
  • Helloween - The Best, The Rest, The Rare
Edited by The Dissident
  • Like 2

pre-ordered St. Vincent's new album today on vinyl from good records and on 8-track through her store.

also ordered Alice Cooper's new album from good records because they have a cool exclusive print that comes with it and I was going to buy the album anyway.

I have a couple copies of the Only Lover's Left Alive OST coming, I think in May as well.

The only thing I have bought in a store recently is a 12" single of been caught stealing, which I already had but this version comes in a cool little box.

Edited by Stiff Competition
  • Like 2

On 3/3/2021 at 10:47 AM, RussTCB said:

My Alice In Chains - S/T and Motley Crue - Generation Swine bootlegs are out for delivery today. I may not get a chance to spin them until Friday, but I'm crossing my fingers they're decent bootlegs. 

As a follow up to this-

Both albums have fairly impressive packaging. Both LPs of both bootlegs were in rice lined paper inner sleeves which was a surprise. On top of that the Alice In Chains album has a big fold out poster with it.

I quickly spun them this afternoon at a low volume and there was little to no noise on either album, which is also great. The real test comes tomorrow when I have people over and crank the hell out of them to see how they really sound. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

How'd Generation Swine sound when you cranked it up?

I pre-ordered Dirty Honey's debut album. :devilshades:

That and Alice In Chains sounded fantastic man. Honestly, I couldn't see a legit pressing sounding better than either bootleg. 

I cracked various parts of Swine over the course of the night last Friday and it sounded bad ass. 

20 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That and Alice In Chains sounded fantastic man. Honestly, I couldn't see a legit pressing sounding better than either bootleg. 

I cracked various parts of Swine over the course of the night last Friday and it sounded bad ass. 

Nice, I'm gonna keep an eye out for Swine. I don't really wanna order one from the states right now but it's good to know that it doesn't actually sound like a bootleg. It ends up being about $76 from Rollin records after shipping and currency exchange, which is still a bit high... but kinda tempting.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

I've been *slowly* scanning all of my records into Discogs over time. It's taken a while, but as of now I've finally completed 2Pac through Pearl Jam. 

The rest of alphabet is pretty daunting but I'm happy I finally got as far as I have. I never have any intention of re-selling anything but I'd be lying if the value of some things hasn't been very surprising. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I've been *slowly* scanning all of my records into Discogs over time. It's taken a while, but as of now I've finally completed 2Pac through Pearl Jam. 

The rest of alphabet is pretty daunting but I'm happy I finally got as far as I have. I never have any intention of re-selling anything but I'd be lying if the value of some things hasn't been very surprising. 

yeah I remember when i finally went through and did mine, it was quite a project, especially when you get in to bands like the beatles, stones etc where there are SO many pressings of everything and you have to sit there and squint your eyes to read matrix numbers to figure out what is what.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

yeah I remember when i finally went through and did mine, it was quite a project, especially when you get in to bands like the beatles, stones etc where there are SO many pressings of everything and you have to sit there and squint your eyes to read matrix numbers to figure out what is what.

Haha. Been there done that. Working out which variant I have if 600+ versions of an album, only to find out that none of them seem to match my own!

My 2016 pressing of Pink Floyd's Delicate Sound of Thunder the original version (not remix) arrived yesterday. Apart from a few pops during Shine On (which is disappointing) it sounds very good. 

So so chuffed I bought those King Crimson boxsets. The expense was large, but the package is excellently put together, vinyls sound stunning, and the music speaks for itself. Love Red.

• Like 2