Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

Hey guys, I uploaded the other two records I got sent for singer John Doc. These aren’t links to the videos themselves, but rather the playlists. There’s a decent cover of The Eagles’ Tequila Sunrise on the second Carousel record. I’d appreciate any of you checking some of them out, despite being an acquired taste! 

Cheers!

At Cowie Bowling Club

At The Carousel: Volume II

Edited by Dean
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dean said:

Guys, the new Manics record is superb. Highly recommend!

I bought the new Kacey Musgraves yesterday and I was so stoked to spin it. Then we went through so many other records last night that we didn't even get to it lol.

New video is premiering right now. It's a lengthy one. I meant for it to be about 5 minutes lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I bought the new Kacey Musgraves yesterday and I was so stoked to spin it. Then we went through so many other records last night that we didn't even get to it lol.

New video is premiering right now. It's a lengthy one. I meant for it to be about 5 minutes lol

I genuinely haven't enjoyed a new record this much since The Strokes' 'The New Abnormal'. It's a treat from start to finish. I'll be giving it another play later I imagine!

I am a big fan of George Michael's Patience album, with the two standouts being Amazing and Flawless (Go to the City). It's a travesty that it was never pressed on vinyl, but a promo for Flawless was, so that arrived today along with a few others. I've still got a lot of listening to do! I also picked up Songs for Slim and For Sale - Live at Maxwell's by The Replacements.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dean said:

A quiet one for me this weekend. Sat with a few beers and have currently gotten through Razorlight's Olympus Sleeping and Future Islands' Singles. I've Freddie Mercury's Mr. Bad Guy lined up next. Have a great weekend folks!

I'm heading downstairs in a few minutes to kick off my Friday night spin. I'm going front to back on all 4 LPs of UYI to start the night! 

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm heading downstairs in a few minutes to kick off my Friday night spin. I'm going front to back on all 4 LPs of UYI to start the night! 

Enjoy good sir! You'll need to ensure you kick back after all of that hefty travelling to Chicago and back! :lol: 

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2021 at 6:56 PM, RussTCB said:

RSD BD list is out. I'm about to take a look through it:
https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases

I'm not sure if the UK release is the same as the USA release, but the UK release is actually okay. Of particular interest to me is the Mr Big vinyl, and the Ghosts of Mars Soundtrack due to the Guns link.

• Like 1

Visited a local record shop in south of UK that I've never been too before. Tiny shop but great collection. Picked up the below, all second hand:

Kiss - Unmasked

Herbie Hancock - Sunlight

Dave Brubeck - Brubeck Plays Bernstein Plays Brubeck

Also ordered a copy of the below online:

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing

Liquid Tension Experiment 3

I know DJ Shadow is always on those "must have" YouTube vinyl lists, but thought I'd take the plunge with the new rerelease.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

I'm not sure if the UK release is the same as the USA release, but the UK release is actually okay. Of particular interest to me is the Mr Big vinyl, and the Ghosts of Mars Soundtrack due to the Guns link.

I'm just being a selfish shit about the RSD list lol. 

I was hoping for releases from GNR, Elvis, Pink Floyd or Michael Jackson and none of them have reeleses :/

I am interested in the Mr Big and Saigon Kick releases but that's about it. 

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I found out yesterday that the first two Robbie Williams albums are being reissued AND they're being released Friday. I'm pretty stoked for that. 

There are a few stellar tracks on those two records. I was listening to a bit of Take That's The Circus last week, I'm sure they'd fall under the category of 'guilty pleasure' considering my taste in music but I don't give a fuck ha! Hold Up A Light is one of their best tunes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

There are a few stellar tracks on those two records. I was listening to a bit of Take That's The Circus last week, I'm sure they'd fall under the category of 'guilty pleasure' considering my taste in music but I don't give a fuck ha! Hold Up A Light is one of their best tunes.

They definitely fall under the "I don't care if anyone else likes it" category for me haha. 

I almost paid $200 for his first album once, so I'm super excited to get both for like $50 instead! 

31 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

They definitely fall under the "I don't care if anyone else likes it" category for me haha. 

I almost paid $200 for his first album once, so I'm super excited to get both for like $50 instead! 

Fuck!!! I'd no idea that is how much they were fetching!!! 90's records though, so I suppose it's a given for ridiculous prices. Amazing that they're getting reissued and in turn won't sting you anywhere near as what buying the first pressings would. I'm kind of the same with Keane's Strangeland. One of my favourite albums, but I never picked it up on vinyl back in 2012 and it was reissued in 2016. The 2016 pressing is going for £90, more than the first pressing. I'm a bit reluctant to pull the trigger on any of them, as if they're out of print, I would imagine they'll reissue them again, especially if they're aware of the prices they are going for.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hudsonsaul said:

Saved for later today! Curious on your thoughts on Hard Skool (without de-railing this thread). 

Appreciate you watching :) literally every watch & like helps grow the channel!

I dig HS for sure. I've only heard it a few times today. I'm waiting to play it from Tidal on my big system tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Appreciate you watching :) literally every watch & like helps grow the channel!

I dig HS for sure. I've only heard it a few times today. I'm waiting to play it from Tidal on my big system tomorrow. 

Out of likes for the day after spamming them in Hardskool thread. 

Gives a summary when you've digested it and heard through the big system. 

Back on topic - just ordered the 30th anniversary of Nevermind LP. My current one is from back in the day and beat up/over played will be nice having a decent quality one back in the collection. 

• Like 1