Just listened to DJ's version of Better again, and...

Nick85

I said Axl on backing vocals, Smoove.

At this point in time that is exactly where Axl belongs.

Holy shit! you don't worship Axl anymore? :o

Never did. I told you you didn't understand what you read.

I said Axl on backing vocals, Smoove.

At this point in time that is exactly where Axl belongs.
You are right. I'm glad Tommy is singing lead instead of Axl. You know, that high pitched whiney girly voice is fkn annoying.

That it is.

Axl's vocal actually suits the slower Dj version, it seems to play off the vocal more than fly over the top of it.

i agree.

look, i'm not a DJ fan to be blunt, nor am i saying i like the remix better than the original. it sounds weird to say this about a so-called 'new' song by gn'r, but i hold a lot of nostalgia for the original mix of better.

but dj did a good job. it's a little goth-rocky or whatever but nearly as much as some of you are making it sound. i think he put an interesting spin on the track.

the only thing i find questionable is the fact that he re-did robin finck's solo instead of giving his own take. why re-do all the parts of the track but remake the solo note-for-note? it's just weird. it makes me think this was something he did more out of boredom than anything else.

bucket looks bored at times and just stands there not even playing. It's like he's thinking "why am I here?" "why does axl let finck play solos?"

you can't find logic in axl's ideas. this is the same cat who thought hiring nin's sessions musicians would imbue him with trent reznor's songwriting powers.

bucket looks bored at times and just stands there not even playing. It's like he's thinking "why am I here?" "why does axl let finck play solos?"

you can't find logic in axl's ideas. this is the same cat who thought hiring nin's sessions musicians would imbue him with trent reznor's songwriting powers.

bucket looking bored was part of his shtick, though. it was an act. it was very much deliberate on his part.