BANNER COMPETITION INSIDE - Design a new banner with the old, new or both bands

CoolRanchDressing

that last supper banner is terribly stupid, i hope no one is seriously considering that for the forum banner.

I think it's cool <_<

It's horrible. Frank is on the wrong side, it's missing people, a number of the heads are the wrong size, and it would make the entire forum look like a silly effing joke.

If we were to put every member ever in GNR, and yes that includes employees, additional musicians, Beta and Fernando...

How many people would be on the banner. Over 20?

Thank god for widescreen lol

22 official members, which don't even include Traci and Roberta, Teddy, Anne, Cici, Lisa, etc.

And because I am bored at work, here is a banner showing the age/style progressions of Axl and Buckethead:

bannerAxlBucket.jpg

That got me thinking. I can only guess Buckethead likes to watch himself perform, but dosn't like the way his real face looks. Issues.

tumblr_msobdwTnvu1rliddzo1_1280.jpg

Edit: Not sure what size it needs to be, but I can resize it :)

Haha..

Would make for a good album cover, should another Greatest Hits album show up containing songs from all members. It might make more sense if Buckethead's hand was operating his muppet :D

Edited by vaida

tumblr_msobdwTnvu1rliddzo1_1280.jpg

Edit: Not sure what size it needs to be, but I can resize it :)

:lol: Did you make that?

Still waiting to hear the answer on that one. :book:
If anything, replace where frank is with dizzy and vice versa.

Having frank with the classic members makes no sense at all. Other than that, I like it.

Maybe replace bucket with pitman too, as he's the only current nu guy not there.

There are a bunch of issues with that stupid last supper banner. Not only are several key members missing, but it just looks dumb. I'm not religious (at all), but equating Axl to Jesus Christ is offensive to many and personally I don't want to be staring at Christian iconography every time I view the forum. Finally, the heads are the wrong size for the bodies and point he wrong directions. It just looks silly and I can't see why anyone would want such a stupid banner across the top of their forum.

Edited by nambis
  • Like 2

Just an idea we decided to run by you, we've been looking at designs for a forum shirt and one design we all really liked was the one posted here.

It was submitted by Sabbath on behalf of someone he asked to come up with a design.

We thought it might be a good idea to pitch it as part of a possible new banner design, in terms of a central focal point (with the mygnrforum logo off to the side).

If anyone would like to use the design in a banner creation, feel free to have a go at it.

It would be a nice tie in to have that in a banner and also use it for the shirt design.

Here it is...

25p78te.png

this would be cooler if you had another picture of Axl from the club days on the left side

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There are a bunch of issues with that stupid last supper banner. Not only are several key members missing, but it just looks dumb. I'm not religious (at all), but equating Axl to Jesus Christ is offensive to many and personally I don't want to be staring at Christian iconography every time I view the forum. Finally, the heads are the wrong size for the bodies and point he wrong directions. It just looks silly and I can't see why anyone would want such a stupid banner across the top of their forum.

Tell us how you really feel.