BANNER COMPETITION INSIDE - Design a new banner with the old, new or both bands

CoolRanchDressing

The banner should include everyone who has ever been a member......ever, everyone, all of them. The greatest banner of all time !!

Go go go go do it now !

good idea!

anyway what's are the supporter benefits? :P

Free towel

Members: Adler, Izzy, Slash and Duff and Axl

Employees: Fink Buckethead Stinson Fortus Bumblefoot Sorum Gilby Pitman Mantis Tobias Frank AShaba Freeze Dizzy

I see nothing wrong with mixing old and new images but it definitely shouldn't just be old.

Hey how about a banner of evolution. Start with the classic line up to the left and work our way to the right with nugnr. From Adler to Ashba.

I think the banner should consist of the old band on one side and the new band on the other side with Grogan overseeing the classic lineup and Volcano overseeing the current one. Gives you a true representation of how this form operate and how every thread turns into a fight between the two.

Obviously, I think actual gnr should be pictured on a site that only exists because of them. But in the interest of keeping the peace with an extremely vocal minority of gnr fans who can actually name the current members of the touring line up, I'd be down to vote for a banner with no band member pictured at all.

Someone should do something really minimal with a gun and a rose.

ocKmyfy.jpg

That is pretty kick ass!

This one is the best, not that they where to many to begin with, sad to see what this forum has become

It's only been going a few hours, people are in different time zones, out at work etc...

I really like the album cover one but in the interest of fairness I think we have to give it up to a week before deciding.

Don't think the old guys should be on the main banner, no problem with the page having pictures of them but the current band should be the main focus IMO. Also for those seeking a smoother relationship with GNR management... you should consider their thoughts on including Slash and co. I know it sounds neutral to put everyone up on the banner but it has it's implications.. In the end it's just a banner but it might be worth thinking about it a bit more.

If we were to put every member ever in GNR, and yes that includes employees, additional musicians, Beta and Fernando...

How many people would be on the banner. Over 20?

Thank god for widescreen lol

22 official members, which don't even include Traci and Roberta, Teddy, Anne, Cici, Lisa, etc.

And because I am bored at work, here is a banner showing the age/style progressions of Axl and Buckethead:

bannerAxlBucket.jpg

• Like 2

ocKmyfy.jpg

Cool banner, but it will probably fuck with the visibility of the search bar and maybe it's a matter of taste, but I don't like the abrupt borders between the albums and think they should fade into each other. So I'm going to try to create a banner that features all the relevant lineups from 87 till today.