BANNER COMPETITION INSIDE - Design a new banner with the old, new or both bands

CoolRanchDressing

There is no reason why the banner can't be rotated weekly or upon page load between the various line-ups, if only to stop certain people from crying into their cornflakes.

People are going to cry into their cornflakes no matter what happens. Take me for example, I'm just dying to cry about something. Bring on the Slash, motherfuckers.

Guest cbgnr666

Based on the overwhelming discussion on the new band as compared to everything else I think most people's interest lies with current gnr, at least around here.So let'm have the friggin banner. rock4

Edited by cbgnr666

Based on the overwhelming discussion on the new band as compared to everything else I think most people's interest lies with current gnr, at least around here.So let'm have the friggin banner. rock4

My $.02 on it is still that I think honoring the whole legacy is worth while. A lot of folks (on both sides of the fence) seem to completely disagree with me on that though haha.

Wow, I'm glad people seem to like my banner. To be honest, it was a bit of a rush job - so if anybody has any ideas, I can try to make a banner of that,

ocKmyfy.jpg

This one's pretty good, but it needs some text over it.

I'd assume the text would be overlayed on top of it just like the current one.

Wow, I'm glad people seem to like my banner. To be honest, it was a bit of a rush job - so if anybody has any ideas, I can try to make a banner of that,

ocKmyfy.jpg

This one's pretty good, but it needs some text over it.

I'd assume the text would be overlayed on top of it just like the current one.

I still think this is the best idea.

It just needs some tweaks to make it stand out more.

Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas on the tweaks.

Guns N Roses died almost 20 years ago. the band was great, the shows also, everything. What can we say about a band that died so long ago, and everyday? That said, the music we love was not created by the current band so a new banner with old members is a good thing in my opinion, plus the new band does nothing but touring the classics so...

Edited by Kapitch_77

and with ALL the members but with clasifications by instrument, like,

Lead: DJ, Slash, Bumble, Bucket, Robin

Rythm: Richard, Tobias, Izzy

Bass: Tommy, Duff

Drum: Adler, Sorum, Freese, Brain, Frank

Keyboards: Pitman and Dizzy

and Axl is the only one on vocals ever so he would be at the center, the first lineup members can also be added like traci.

and Axl is the only one on vocals ever so he would be at the center, the first lineup members can also be added like traci.

You do realize that on smaller computer screens some bandmembers will get cut off, right? Add to that that the MyGNR logo will get in the way of some faces.

I'm trying to design something. Will post it when it's finished.

Maybe something with the different logos, if that wasn't mentioned already?

Like the bullet logo, the star logo, the current logo, etc? Could be cool...can someone design this?
If I remember correctly, when the current banner was created one of the mods indicated that they couldn't use any official logos.

You do realize that on smaller computer screens some bandmembers will get cut off, right? Add to that that the MyGNR logo will get in the way of some faces.

I'm trying to design something. Will post it when it's finished.

nope didnt realize haha, didnt meant faces, silhouetes or something charasteristic of each one.

Maybe something with the different logos, if that wasn't mentioned already?

Like the bullet logo, the star logo, the current logo, etc? Could be cool...can someone design this?

As a flash thing? This would be my idea: the various logos (1/ Slash's original logo on LLAS 2/ Appetite bullett 3/ illusion blood bullet 4/ Chinesey GaR logo) morphing into one-and-another against a black background on a cycle. In second place I would have the album covers or some variation on the album covers. I would avoid band members as the banner would be bigger than the whole forum and the likes of Ashba and Frank have really not earned their stripes, enough to top the net's most popular GN'R forum.

How about this? eu8qBZr.png

I kinda like this vibe -- black and white ex members colour current -- it captures all

Members of GNR and yet the current band should obviously be highlighted.

i love it!

Thought you were leaving this "shit hole of a forum" guess you won't be around to see it, Shame that :(