BANNER COMPETITION INSIDE - Design a new banner with the old, new or both bands

CoolRanchDressing

I don't think that was intentional though

it's his hair... it hides him

I really like that one... i thought it would make everyone happy as it shows everyone and yet emphasizes the current band

if you really want to go for "playing it safe" than go with the CD's one

Maybe people need to explain what they would like the banner to show..

How about a poll?

• Like 1

It looks really cool! Maybe I should move everyone a little bit to the left so the searchbox doesn't cover Pitman and Gilby, but Axl will be no longer in the middle so it's a little tricky.

Gia, post a picture of Axl that you like and I can change it ;)

Just a suggestion, feel free to change it or not... but the picture of Slash isn't really good.. we hardly see his face, and Duff kinda looks like a moron hehe.... I found these pictures... do you think they're better? Maybe you could use it... but it's up to you... it's just a suggestion.

loaded-gallery-live1.jpg

5022485048_970cd8c6d1_z.jpg

• Like 1

02so.jpg

or

gfbp.jpg

Just my suggestions... let the people decide I guess

but he looks so sexy in both of these :wub: :wub:

Those two are nice ones but they are cutted of, so it would look very rough. It has to be a picture that show his entire upper body without cuts.

Powerage will try with your pictures.

And yeah Kapitch, those two pictures are awesome, will change it and post the new banner later.

BTW for any designers (or nerds) that want to see what the banner looks like "in place"... you can right click on the banner in Chrome, click "inspect element".... then change the banner link to whatever image link you want to test in there.

Chrome will then render the banner with your link instead. :)

Also, if anyone wants to try and do something with this, it was a graphic organised for a T-shirt that we never ended up making (copyright issues). Would be cool not to waste it!

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/8f26/01af8jc9n0dokpdfg.jpg

It looks really cool! Maybe I should move everyone a little bit to the left so the searchbox doesn't cover Pitman and Gilby, but Axl will be no longer in the middle so it's a little tricky.

I think moving everyone to the left a bit, and then highlighting Axl so he stands out more than everyone else would be great.

I still think that the general idea of the albums is the safest bet, but I dig this banner also.

I think moving everyone to the left a bit, and then highlighting Axl so he stands out more than everyone else would be great.

I still think that the general idea of the albums is the safest bet, but I dig this banner also.

I tried but it depends on the resolution of the user, so if I move everyone to the left it could look ok on my display but in others displays with differents resolutions it will look wrong.

I tried but it depends on the resolution of the user, so if I move everyone to the left it could look ok on my display but in others displays with differents resolutions it will look wrong.

Glad you're thinking about this as it's very important for any of the banners. :)

I will be testing all submissions on multiple resolutions to make sure they'll work on all user's screens.

trqster posted this pic on another topic

axl_rose_2010_concert.jpg

Ok, Axl looks awesome now, but Fortus is kinda hidden. And Axl is a liitle out of place looking at the other way. I'll stop doing alternative versions :tongue2: . Hope you like one of them

3Qm3lzs.png

Edited by Manfisman
  • Like 1

trqster posted this pic on another topic

axl_rose_2010_concert.jpg

Ok, Axl looks awesome now, but Fortus is kinda hidden. And Axl is a liitle out of place looking at the other way. I'll stop doing alternative versions :tongue2: . Hope you like one of them

3Qm3lzs.png

I'm liking them more and more as you tweak them! :)

My favourite so far, it's grown on me a lot.