BANNER COMPETITION INSIDE - Design a new banner with the old, new or both bands

CoolRanchDressing

Just an idea we decided to run by you, we've been looking at designs for a forum shirt and one design we all really liked was the one posted here.

It was submitted by Sabbath on behalf of someone he asked to come up with a design.

We thought it might be a good idea to pitch it as part of a possible new banner design, in terms of a central focal point (with the mygnrforum logo off to the side).

If anyone would like to use the design in a banner creation, feel free to have a go at it.

It would be a nice tie in to have that in a banner and also use it for the shirt design.

Here it is...

25p78te.png

• Like 4

Here's a cool AFD/UYI one I made. I made a darker one, like the current one and a light version. MYGNR_Banner_Dark.pngMYGNR_Banner.png

Any feedback on my AFD/UYI banner or is it that atrocious and does nobody like it?

I LOVE it but it doesn't have any current members on it so we cant use it.

That's really nice, but...

1. It isn't a banner

2. People might complain if it's too "Axl-centric".

1. It wasn't suggested that it was a banner. As stated in the comment, it was offered as an image to include in a banner.

2. It was offered as a starting point to create a banner, no one suggested it be the only image.

I guess I'm not gonna like the banner. Oh well. Not a big deal. :shrugs:

The one with the albums covers looks pretty good too. Tough choice for me.

I like the look of the one with the highlighted current lineup; I just don't like it conceptually. I don't like the idea of having iconic members faded while current members who haven't written a note of music for GNR are highlighted. I also don't like the different lineups intermingled like that. To me, each lineup is it's own band entirely. Slash and Izzy were not part of the same band that Buckethead and Finck were part of and that BBF and Ashba are now part of, regardless of what Axl has ruined his career trying to prove.

But like I said, not a big deal.

would it not be possible to have the banner animated so it highlights different lineups every so often (with axl being there in all of them)?

Just an idea we decided to run by you, we've been looking at designs for a forum shirt and one design we all really liked was the one posted here.

It was submitted by Sabbath on behalf of someone he asked to come up with a design.

We thought it might be a good idea to pitch it as part of a possible new banner design, in terms of a central focal point (with the mygnrforum logo off to the side).

If anyone would like to use the design in a banner creation, feel free to have a go at it.

It would be a nice tie in to have that in a banner and also use it for the shirt design.

Here it is...

I would buy that shirt in a heartbeat, mate.

Edited by EvH

We can't produce or sell the shirt because it has a picture of Axl on it and we don't own it.

So they won't let you use an image even though the site is dedicated to the asshole? That's pretty disrespectful and ungrateful at the same time and I am calling it the bullshit that it is.

Here's a cool AFD/UYI one I made. I made a darker one, like the current one and a light version. MYGNR_Banner_Dark.pngMYGNR_Banner.png

Any feedback on my AFD/UYI banner or is it that atrocious and does nobody like it?

I LOVE it but it doesn't have any current members on it so we cant use it.

I also feel that the transitions are a bit harsh and I would switch the positions of the full band and the Garden of Eden picture, so that the full band is more in the center.

We can't produce or sell the shirt because it has a picture of Axl on it and we don't own it.

So they won't let you use an image even though the site is dedicated to the asshole? That's pretty disrespectful and ungrateful at the same time and I am calling it the bullshit that it is.
Apparently he and the surrogate family hates us, so I doubt he'd do us any favors