Do you expect CD2 to have more rockers?

AndreCC

I feel like all of these extra songs from the Chinese Democracy sessions will eventually come out in one way or another. Not necessarily in an album, but in some other fashion. It might also take 20 years or longer, or it could take a lot less. I don't believe anyone truly knows. This is just my personal opinion though, it's pure speculation.

I also feel that having absolutely no expectations regarding new music is the best attitude to have regarding this band. That way if no new music is ever released you will not have any bitter feelings, but if new music is released you will be pleasantly surprised.

I honestly think so as well!

Lol, at all these "CD2 will never come out" comments.

Anyway I do expect CD2 to have more rockers than CD1. Not only because I wish so, and because I think it would be disasastrous for GNR to release another album full of ballads. The reason I expect CD2 to have more rockers is because of this Axl quote:

Chinese Democracy], then you probably won't like [the new songs]. Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some. Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track."

So according to Axl,it will be a bit meaner and darker. I'm not expecting an album full of rockers like Appetite,but I do hope and expect that it ill have more rockers than CD1.

Robin? You mean the Robin who hasn't been in the band for years?

Sure, keep holding on to whatever Axl said many years ago.

Robin has nothing to do with this. They'll probably re record his parts, but that doesn't change the fact that the unreleased songs are meaner in places and darker in some. So what if the article is a couple of years old. I don't think the songs have turned into ballads over time. :P

I think we know axl said nastier meaner. But then you have the Beltrami tracks Seven, The General, Soul Monster. Unreleased Silk and Jackie seem like rockers.

CD was actually a 50/50 split.

Chi dem

shacklers

scraped

riad

better

Irs

twat

Would be a heavy side.

Maybe stuff like Oh my god, silkworms, Jackie chan, Soul Monster, The General are heavier than anything on CD.

Seven and Zodiac sound darker.

I think they need a much heavier record to compete with the metal records coming out from Sabbath, Metalkica, Avenged.

Id like to hear a cd that starts off fast and gets progressively more epic over the cd. The track list not made for vinyl.

I dont want hear a glam nov rain til track 11. then put biggest epic track at 12 and its wrap.

Id consider cutting it down to 10 songs.

Thwy probably only need to put Atlas on the next one save the general for CD 3.

Edited by wasted