Since Axl has no plans for GN'R until 2014..

vaida

I really want to buy a GNR blu ray.

aren't you sick and tired of "the setlist"(cd,jungle etc.)?

personally I can't take that shit anymore.

You can't take having to listen to some of the best songs ever written because you're hung up on the order they are played in? That seems really strange to me. Not wanting to listen to weak performances of those songs is completely understandable, and I would be 100% with you there, but I really don't care about order.

Its the insatiable appetite for something new...when you can access a bands last show MINUTES after they get done playing often times...you know what to expect when you go see them....Its part of our culture now to constantly expect to be entertained with something new and shiny. For me that is a reflection in the differences of generations... When GNR came to Denver 92 That was big shit.. and a once in a lifetime event. Access to bootlegs were underground and it wasnt until the late 90's that I was able to get access to GNR bootlegs ...so going to the show in McNichols was awesome to behold and hear.... Now days I can jump on YouTube and catch teh latest show as its happening ...to the point of being overtly critical because of it. The only reason I check the latest shows?? Was something new played or something profound being said(rants) how did Axl do etc.... and the boredome sets in when you realize that that same show had been played in the last 15 cities ....

When you compare the old shows from the UYI tours.. Many of them have a spontanious off the cuff feel to them... Axl could step up to the mike and ramble off about anything or anyone and the emotion was ...well entertaining... You never quite knew where and what they old band was going to be doing... or the stories that they would tell...personified the image of the band and its message.

Now... in my opinion ...its all cookie cutter formulistic...they deliver the goods...do thier thing and move on....tamer, safer, less spontanious and not as entertaining as it used to be. Like I said a GNR show used to be an event...now it seems like just another show to take in.

I speculate that much of the entertainment value these last few years is in tuning in to see if Axl fucks up and if he does just how bad does he fuck up and does it hint at the sky falling????

This. A strong vocal performance and HD would be an awesome buy should a Christmas release come around. The band are always really good and I'm sure Axl knows his best 2-3 shows of the past 4 years.

yeah, but releasing them is another story...

Why don't they release a 2010 show?

I even not like the UYI Tokyo DVD's that much...

Live Era contains some good performances, but not the best

aren't you sick and tired of "the setlist"(cd,jungle etc.)?

personally I can't take that shit anymore.

You can't take having to listen to some of the best songs ever written because you're hung up on the order they are played in? That seems really strange to me. Not wanting to listen to weak performances of those songs is completely understandable, and I would be 100% with you there, but I really don't care about order.

Its the insatiable appetite for something new...when you can access a bands last show MINUTES after they get done playing often times...you know what to expect when you go see them....Its part of our culture now to constantly expect to be entertained with something new and shiny. For me that is a reflection in the differences of generations... When GNR came to Denver 92 That was big shit.. and a once in a lifetime event. Access to bootlegs were underground and it wasnt until the late 90's that I was able to get access to GNR bootlegs ...so going to the show in McNichols was awesome to behold and hear.... Now days I can jump on YouTube and catch teh latest show as its happening ...to the point of being overtly critical because of it. The only reason I check the latest shows?? Was something new played or something profound being said(rants) how did Axl do etc.... and the boredome sets in when you realize that that same show had been played in the last 15 cities ....

When you compare the old shows from the UYI tours.. Many of them have a spontanious off the cuff feel to them... Axl could step up to the mike and ramble off about anything or anyone and the emotion was ...well entertaining... You never quite knew where and what they old band was going to be doing... or the stories that they would tell...personified the image of the band and its message.

Now... in my opinion ...its all cookie cutter formulistic...they deliver the goods...do thier thing and move on....tamer, safer, less spontanious and not as entertaining as it used to be. Like I said a GNR show used to be an event...now it seems like just another show to take in.

I speculate that much of the entertainment value these last few years is in tuning in to see if Axl fucks up and if he does just how bad does he fuck up and does it hint at the sky falling????

Shouldn't we all have been around the block enough times by now to know better than to expect anything new?

Does anyone else not give any shits about a DVD release?

I do. I saw one of the Vegas shows, so I would love to have a dvd of those shows. I would also love a live cd to go along with it.

Same here. A lot of people saw those shows and are interested in the DVD/Blu-Ray coming to light one day.