If Guns N' Roses was to end today...

AndreCC

The demos everyone's alluding to are pretty useless, IMO. All it is, is either you have one, or two layers of ambient crap missing, or Ron Thal is playing some out-of-place, Line-6 guitar over top. Although if anyone ever comes across the old "Chinese Democracy" demo (1998-2003), Josh Freese says that demo absolutely smokes.

Hammerstein shows were a great comeback for Axl (Thank God i was there in all of them, great shows!)

I'm not saying you didn't go to those shows, but can you prove you did?

There's a demo of CD with no intro noises, or at least none of those intro drums, with Brain's drums instead of Frank's, without Bumble's fretless in the verses, and without Axl's high-pitched backing vocals.

Really? When did that happen? :huh:

Intro voices, but no drums (which I miss). Missing fretless is biggest omission.

• Like 1

. Axl was fat, constantly off beat during songs and his voice was mediocre at best

I initially read that as 'constantly beat off during songs' :rofl-lol:

Um, highlights for me would have been the buzz around 2006, the 2007-08 leaks and actually getting the album, even if it really felt like it wasn't the exact album Axl wanted to put out (reference the 'draft' booklet, etc). Hearing Baz talk about the supposed trilogy of albums (just think, we'd have had all three by now) and looking forward to it. The 2010 gig I attended as well, felt like things were really gonna get into motion again then.

High points: RIR 2001, OMG, CD release, 2006 Tour, 2002 Tour, Going Down.

Low points: MTV 2002, RIR 2011, Bucket leaving, Cornrows, 2002 tour cancellation, rio 2004 cancellation, summer 2001 tour cancellation, constant album delays, Bridge School 2012.

Well, despite the band not doing much to deserve this... I would be pretty bummed out! I just want new music and less touring. Do a world tour hit the majors and the smaller places but do don't take the piss! the tour should have ended in the autumn of 2012 at the latest.

Highlights for me: A band that I mostly like not sure about the 3 guitars, couldn't pitman pick up a guitar on a song or two if it's really needed...?

A great tour in 2006 and 2010 both shows were great (including a dublin '10 walk-off).

Chinese democracy, Has been on regular rotation since it's release my itunes most played list is 12 of the 14 CD songs :D... I love the album! wish the rockier stuff was stronger, Rhiad and scraped are both quite weak.

The lows: lack of communication, band giving impression that a new album isn't actually the focus. Too much touring. Axls vocal health from 2011 on.

I would be sad and miss GNR, but their songs will go on forever.

Many of my favorite bands have broken up or members have died, but I still listen to their music. I am grateful that I was able to see most of the faves in concert and will be grateful that I was able to see GNR 3 times.

Everything ends. You learn to deal with it.

Many of my favorite bands have broken up or members have died, but I still listen to their music. I am grateful that I was able to see most of the faves in concert and will be grateful that I was able to see GNR 3 times.

I don't think you understood the question

I don't think you understood the question

Ha ha sorry. I have a thing about not reading fully.

well, the three shows I've seen of GNR would be a highlight for me.

Honestly, if Axl doesn't want to write anymore music, then what would be the use of GNR going on? I mean yeah, the songs they have are amazing, but after awhile, don't you want to write something new?

While Axl's voice wasn't on par, the weirdness of the 2002 line up was pretty charming.

The leaks. It was always exciting to come on the forum and find a 50 page thread discussing a new song, because you'd never know when it would happen or if it would happen again.

The whole 2006 tour - Axl's voice was great, he looked the part, the rest of the band finally seemed to gain some cohesion and feel more like a band, CD felt closer than ever, Izzy guesting here and there.

Obviously CD's release in 2008, even if it was only a 'most of this shit already leaked anyway' consolation prize.

Getting most of the CD songs live in 2009 on top of some really solid performances (and the Duff cameo).

My personal highlights would obviously be my own experiences of seeing the band live. Seeing them 30 times since 2006 in 8 different countries, and meeting Ron, Frank and Duff. But on a global scale, my highlights from the new line-up is simply the comeback and the 2002-2006 period. Knowing that Axl was back and he meant business, seeing the band destroy Rock In Rio 3 in 2001 with a new line-up. And being excited for the future and what it held, I think the potential of the 2002 and 2006 line-ups was huge!!!... rock3

Edited by One.In.A.Million

Highlights:

- Rock In Rio 3 - The start of the whole journey. We had Vegas before, but i feel this was a bigger stage and the stage that really set the stage for whatever was to come after.

- The Leaks. (Only because that was the first contact we had with the album, and the first sign and confirmation that there was really music being worked on), also good or bad, the whole FBI/Skwerl thing was certainly news worthy and something to remember.

- 2006/07 Tour, i think anyone would agree that that was a successful tour and a sign that things were coming. Those Hammerstein shows were a great comeback for Axl (Thank God i was there in all of them, great shows!)

- The Release of Chinese Democracy. Whether anybody liked it or disliked it, this was the end of a chapter for a lot of people. Even people from the band itself and certainly you can't get higher then this. This was indeed the TRUE HIGHLIGHT of the whole journey.

- Azoff's lawsuit

- Axl Chats - I think anyone would agree that it was shocking, yet unbelievable and very cool that Axl came here and answered some of our questions.

- Axl's Twitter - Even though it didn't work out for the best so far because Axl's a very private guy, after years of silence we certainly didn't expect Axl to create a Twitter account and become more social. Also the Madison Rant is something to remember since nobody expected it either.

- 2010 Tour - The best tour every by GNR since the break up. Axl in the best shape of his life since 1993.

- MSL's video about the documents/flash drive was a bit shocking as well and revealed some stuff.

- Going Down (is Guns N'Roses going back to their Hard Rock Roots?)

- The band getting involved in some arguings with fans (This was very negative, but it has to be a highlight, as nobody would ever think to have an arguing with the GNR Management), I'm talking about Beta's statements "Complaints complaints complaints" thing, the fact that she actually said that there wouldn't be a new album because of the new leaks, is something that i feel it's an highlight of how ridiculous it sounds, and how ridiculous it really is with all due respect for the ones involved. Fernando's complaint as well.

I think if you were off for awhile and you needed a summary of what happened in all these years, this one would probably be a good one.

Lots of great highlights! 2006 was the best for touring and buzz. I was at the last Hammerstein show, maybe I bumped into you? I was one of the first 5-7 people in line.
  • Like 1