If Guns N' Roses was to end today...

AndreCC

I have to bring up the Madison rant here. I know many of you consider it a big high, but to me it was a very big low. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Madison, it was pathetic (to me) for a guy who never communicates with his fans to come on here and rant like a 14 year old girl on her period about someone trying to run a fan forum. Even if he disagreed with how Madison did things he could've booted her in a normal, mature and professional way. Instead he came across like a spoiled child. I really did lose a lot of respect for Axl there.

Highlights:

- Rock In Rio 3 - The start of the whole journey. We had Vegas before, but i feel this was a bigger stage and the stage that really set the stage for whatever was to come after.

- The Leaks. (Only because that was the first contact we had with the album, and the first sign and confirmation that there was really music being worked on), also good or bad, the whole FBI/Skwerl thing was certainly news worthy and something to remember.

- 2006/07 Tour, i think anyone would agree that that was a successful tour and a sign that things were coming. Those Hammerstein shows were a great comeback for Axl (Thank God i was there in all of them, great shows!)

- The Release of Chinese Democracy. Whether anybody liked it or disliked it, this was the end of a chapter for a lot of people. Even people from the band itself and certainly you can't get higher then this. This was indeed the TRUE HIGHLIGHT of the whole journey.

- Azoff's lawsuit

- Axl Chats - I think anyone would agree that it was shocking, yet unbelievable and very cool that Axl came here and answered some of our questions.

- Axl's Twitter - Even though it didn't work out for the best so far because Axl's a very private guy, after years of silence we certainly didn't expect Axl to create a Twitter account and become more social. Also the Madison Rant is something to remember since nobody expected it either.

- 2010 Tour - The best tour every by GNR since the break up. Axl in the best shape of his life since 1993.

- MSL's video about the documents/flash drive was a bit shocking as well and revealed some stuff.

- Going Down (is Guns N'Roses going back to their Hard Rock Roots?)

- The band getting involved in some arguings with fans (This was very negative, but it has to be a highlight, as nobody would ever think to have an arguing with the GNR Management), I'm talking about Beta's statements "Complaints complaints complaints" thing, the fact that she actually said that there wouldn't be a new album because of the new leaks, is something that i feel it's an highlight of how ridiculous it sounds, and how ridiculous it really is with all due respect for the ones involved. Fernando's complaint as well.

I think if you were off for awhile and you needed a summary of what happened in all these years, this one would probably be a good one.

Lots of great highlights! 2006 was the best for touring and buzz. I was at the last Hammerstein show, maybe I bumped into you? I was one of the first 5-7 people in line.

I was front row in 3 of the shows. On the third night i was a little bit behind front row.

It as an awesome feeling. The first show was the best one for me! Axl was incredible. New look, new clothes, new songs, new mood, new everything!

I can see why you guys feel ripped off by no new music, you've spent thousands of dollars going to multiple shows. I went to one show and bought the cd. my overheads are low.

I went to the 4 hammerstein shows and the 2010 Lisbon show.

I'm an Old band supporter, even though i like NewGNR, but i do have to admit that just for those 4 shows it was well worth it to have Axl create this new band. I'm very satisfied with what we got so far, even though it took a lot of years for it to happen. Don't feel ripped off, the only thing is... i WANT more LOL

It's hard for me to accept defeat, and in this case, it's hard for me to accept that my favorite singer of all time is not taking advantage of his talent while he's still with us. It's very frustrating!

If i had his voice and had the opportunity to be a musician, i would be creating music all the time like if there was no tomorrow.

I can see why you guys feel ripped off by no new music, you've spent thousands of dollars going to multiple shows. I went to one show and bought the cd. my overheads are low.

I'm an Old band supporter, even though i like NewGNR, but i do have to admit that just for those 4 shows it was well worth it to have Axl create this new band. I'm very satisfied with what we got so far, even though it took a lot of years for it to happen. Don't feel ripped off, the only thing is... i WANT more LOL

It's hard for me to accept defeat, and in this case, it's hard for me to accept that my favorite singer of all time is not taking advantage of his talent while he's still with us. It's very frustrating!

If i had his voice and had the opportunity to be a musician, i would be creating music all the time like if there was no tomorrow.

Axl is a player though isn't he. The music industry is a game. Sometimes the mafia tell you take a dive in the 4th and you don't go down.

• Like 1

Axl is a player though isn't he. The music industry is a game. Sometimes the mafia tell you take a dive in the 4th and you don't go down.

That's true, but i still think Axl could do much more than he really does. lol But after all this years and after making all the money that he made he probably feels he doesn't need to, but like the Green Day guy said and well, you gotta re-think and know where the fuck you come from.

Edited by AndreCC

That's true, but i still think Axl could do much more than he really does. lol But after all this years and after making all the money that he made he probably feels he doesn't need to, but like the Green Day guy said and well, you gotta re-think and know where the fuck you come from.

Green Day are giant sell outs. How dare Billy bob Armstrong offer Axl advice!

Where did Axl come from though, he ran from Indiana to the streets of LA with one shot carrying all that stuff with him. Then suddenly he was a big deal and has been circling globe ever since. There's no direction home for him. The music industry or ex-band members that throw him under the tour bus begging for a reunion for an easy buck probably doesn't look that attractive or homely. He seems to have found that with TB, it's all he's ever going to know. Maybe, I'm probably wrong again.

Where did Axl come from though, he ran from Indiana to the streets of LA with one shot carrying all that stuff with him. Then suddenly he was a big deal and has been circling globe ever since. There's no direction home for him. The music industry or ex-band members that throw him under the tour bus begging for a reunion for an easy buck probably doesn't look that attractive or homely. He seems to have found that with TB, it's all he's ever going to know. Maybe, I'm probably wrong again.

I'm just saying that he should return to that state of mind of "I'm gonna make it" and be Hungry like he was back then (That's being humble and knowing where you fucking came from). Actually giving some value to his talent.

Lol - no.

Green Day are giant sell outs? How so? Because they write and record music THEY want to, and their fans enjoy it.....and they release lots of music? Dang, must suck to be a fan of theirs. I guess it's better to be a fan of a non-sell out.....a band that refuses to release music.

The music industry and ex-band members that threw him under the bus? You mean people who got sick and tired of his attitude and lack of work ethic? Anybody that threw Axl under the bus did so because of his terrible attitute. There is a reason he goes through band members and producers like Amanda Bynes goes through cocaine.

The problem with Axl and TB and fans like you is that you all just continually feed into Axl's ego by making EVERYTHING that happens seem like other people's fault.

If CD came out in 2006/2007 that would've been the highlight. Axl looked and sounded great on the 2006 tour it would have been nice to have the album out at the same time - rather than it just sort of showing up two years later, with a proper tour to promote it another year after that.

Everything remotely positive to mention has just been (over) plagued by Axl's constant fuck ups and failure to launches.

Nu Guns was just a dud from the start, and time has proven it was asinine for Axl to think he could carry on "GNR" without any of the other essential ingredients to begin with.

Just put 'er out ol' yeller style and move the fuck on.

Everything remotely positive to mention has just been (over) plagued by Axl's constant fuck ups and failure to launches.

Nu Guns was just a dud from the start, and time has proven it was asinine for Axl to think he could carry on "GNR" without any of the other essential ingredients to begin with.

Just put 'er out ol' yeller style and move the fuck on.

I think that Axl could have given it a good run though if he'd put in the effort.

If he'd utilized the first band and released a couple hard-hitting rock albums, Axl could have carried on the name.

If Axl had released four or five albums I think he could have kept the ball rolling. Not as popular and iconic as the real band, but certainly GnR would still be a major force in the rock world.

For me it's really that simple of a breakdown. One album compared to five albums. That's why Axl has failed.

Lol - no.

Green Day are giant sell outs? How so? Because they write and record music THEY want to, and their fans enjoy it.....and they release lots of music? Dang, must suck to be a fan of theirs. I guess it's better to be a fan of a non-sell out.....a band that refuses to release music.

The music industry and ex-band members that threw him under the bus? You mean people who got sick and tired of his attitude and lack of work ethic? Anybody that threw Axl under the bus did so because of his terrible attitute. There is a reason he goes through band members and producers like Amanda Bynes goes through cocaine.

The problem with Axl and TB and fans like you is that you all just continually feed into Axl's ego by making EVERYTHING that happens seem like other people's fault.

http://www.newrock1019.com/former-gnr-drummer-sorum-trashes-green-day-frontman-for-apologizing-for-vegas-rant/

And I ma a Green Day fan but they are sell outs.

Nothing beats their first 4 albums.

Lol - no.

http://www.newrock1019.com/former-gnr-drummer-sorum-trashes-green-day-frontman-for-apologizing-for-vegas-rant/

And I ma a Green Day fan but they are sell outs.

Nothing beats their first 4 albums.

He is a sell out because he apologized for an immature rant and then went into drug rehab? That's your definition of a sell out? Wow.

I don't even like GD or their music. But I respect them as a band, as they respect their fans and release music for their fans to enjoy.

I like Green Day and have a lot of their music however I have never been inclined to read about them or visit a forum. Actually the same applies to all other bands I like and listen too. Bizarrely the one band I can't get new music from is the one that interests me enough to be here. Go figure! :-D