Release An All Piano Album

SweetRose

I would so buy an all Axl piano album.Nothing but piano.He could go back and play all the things he has written that was released;like Nov.Rain,Estranged etc.

But then like on part two,record some of his favorite things that he likes to play that's not necessarily GN'R related.

It could be sort of like a UYI I&II type of deal.

I would so buy that!!!

Edited by SweetRose
  • Like 1

I'd buy any kind of new music Axl released. Literally.

That used to be my point of view as well. But by now I'm only buying some real new stuff. Fuck a crappy live show, fuck remixes, fuck re-recordings. I own anything GnR has regularly released up until now, but Axl is not milking me for more cash for which he'll produce nothing substantial in return. Ever since 2008 nothing big has been coming and they don't seem to be working on anything either. Which makes a remix album seem like quite a cashgrab to me. Same with the endless touring. And as far as all that is concerned, Axl can honestly shove it unless he comes out with something new and substantial.

• Like 1

That used to be my point of view as well. But by now I'm only buying some real new stuff. Fuck a crappy live show, fuck remixes, fuck re-recordings. I own anything GnR has regularly released up until now, but Axl is not milking me for more cash for which he'll produce nothing substantial in return. Ever since 2008 nothing big has been coming and they don't seem to be working on anything either. Which makes a remix album seem like quite a cashgrab to me. Same with the endless touring. And as far as all that is concerned, Axl can honestly shove it unless he comes out with something new and substantial.

This.

At this point, 16 years after keeping the GnR name alive, Axl has released ONE album of new material. The ONLY thing this band should be working on is a new album. And to be honest, it should be a double album.

Axl Rose. One album of original material in the past 22 years. And people are wanting remix and live albums instead of new material?????

• Like 1

This.

At this point, 16 years after keeping the GnR name alive, Axl has released ONE album of new material. The ONLY thing this band should be working on is a new album. And to be honest, it should be a double album.

Axl Rose. One album of original material in the past 22 years. And people are wanting remix and live albums instead of new material?????

I don't think anyone wants that instead of new material. Which people said that?

This.

I don't think anyone wants that instead of new material. Which people said that?

Did soulmonster hack into your account?

The OP didn't put a timeline in her post. So I suppose what she could have "meant" was "I wish Axl would put out a real album in early 2014 and then a piano-based album in time for Christmas." But she didn't.

So based on the fact that she DIDN'T say what you proposed, and the fact we are talking about a man who has released ONE album of original material in the past 20 plus years.......sometimes you have to make a logical conclusion.

But going by your logic.......I suppose they could have meant "wouldn't it be cool if Axl put out a piano album.....10 years from now."

Or heck, I'll even play along with your comment. I wish Axl would put out a piano album this year. Next week. I also WISH he would empty out the vault and release a new album once a month for the next year. This MIGHT be what the OP actually meant as well.

Sept - piano album

october - CD2

nov - CD3

Dec - christmas album

jan - remix album

febr - covers album

march - album created by current band

april - appetie redone

may - acoustic album

june - band album, with axl only on backing vocals. Songs like going down and with BBF singing

July - live album

august - greatest hits album, with three new songs

Sept - b-sides, rare tracks, with two new songs as well

I don't care when he'd release it,as long as he did sometime in his lifetime.

I love listening to some of the demos that's just piano.But someday I would love to hear those songs with just piano as a studio recording.

I don't think it would make a difference tho,as far as him getting it the piano of his system.Cause he has played piano just about as long as he has been a singer.

I suppose it's better than his singing. And may even be better than CD. But sitting here and thinking about a piano album, from the guy who once fronted the Most Dangerous Band In The World, just comes off as ridiculous to me.

have you lost your mind?

dissing his singing and CD all in one post?

let me guess, "he's no Jon Bon Jovi"

look, his live stuff is prone to occasional bad pitch, sound problems, off nights, etc just like anyone elses.

but

his studio stuff, including CD are as powerful as ever.

and "the most dangerous band in the world" stuff, assuming you ever bought into that screaming front row fan moniker jargon anyway,

I believe he may get a pass on being able to uphold that if, you have given any thought at all to.... we all eventually must move on.

in other words enjoy his old stuff but respect his musical talents today, while they're here, whatever they may be.

of course a piano album is a stupid idea in this case, Beethoven he is not.

This.

Did soulmonster hack into your account?

The OP didn't put a timeline in her post. So I suppose what she could have "meant" was "I wish Axl would put out a real album in early 2014 and then a piano-based album in time for Christmas." But she didn't.

So based on the fact that she DIDN'T say what you proposed, and the fact we are talking about a man who has released ONE album of original material in the past 20 plus years.......sometimes you have to make a logical conclusion.

But going by your logic.......I suppose they could have meant "wouldn't it be cool if Axl put out a piano album.....10 years from now."

Or heck, I'll even play along with your comment. I wish Axl would put out a piano album this year. Next week. I also WISH he would empty out the vault and release a new album once a month for the next year. This MIGHT be what the OP actually meant as well.

Sept - piano album

october - CD2

nov - CD3

Dec - christmas album

jan - remix album

febr - covers album

march - album created by current band

april - appetie redone

may - acoustic album

june - band album, with axl only on backing vocals. Songs like going down and with BBF singing

July - live album

august - greatest hits album, with three new songs

Sept - b-sides, rare tracks, with two new songs as well

Did somebody piss in your cornflakes? I though this was a discussion forum... You need to chill out!

I personally would love a piano (solo) album.