Really rare uyi tour shirt.

drtydane

Maybe this should b in the memorabilia section, but that place is dead And there's nothing going on here. It's a cool item worth talking about, and I'm not trading anyways.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=350851211124

Crazy expensive, but I've never seen it before. Can anybody tell me anything about it? How rare is this shirt? Been on the boards since the 56k dial up days and I've never seen it. Anybody shed some light?

It does sound corny now but in 1991, the labeling of albums with "explicit lyrics" was a big deal. 2 LIve Crew was releasing Banned In The USA around this time and they had just received lots of negative publicity from a florida court case and putblic outrage over As Nasty As They Wanna Be. All of the rappers were releasing albums with the sticker on it and chain music stores in the States were being somewhat strict with selling labeled albums to minors. It was strange. I was in 7th grade and I remember my father being with me when I purchased the UYI I&II cassettes. The clerk asked him if it were okay and pointed out the sticker. I remember hiding my Too $hort tapes in Lionel Richie's 'Dancing on the Ceiling' cassette case.