Did Bucket make the right choice by leaving?

Young_Gun

KFC was just wrong for gnr. I hope axl can find a guitarist who wears a Pizza Hut box on his head.

Buckethead appears to have kept the bucket and dropped the KFC. Maybe he has grown too big, and recieved a letter from KFC, or something - like - that . . .

I think he left because he didnt know if CD was ever comming out at all, although he didn't reach the audience he could have if he stayed.

I'm not sure. I mean, has GnR really grown that much since 2004? Would he really have gained so many fans. I really don't believe so. GnR's fanbase hasn't expanded much at all since then imo. And that's no wonder, when you release just one album in 15 years and don't promote anything. I think Buckethead had absolutely nothing to gain staying with GnR.

I'm not sure what you meant by growing, I think the public perception of GNR has changed since they've put out a record and toured for a couple of years.

But when bucket left they only toured a small part of the world, If he toured the world a couple of times (like Bumble has in his place) I think he would've gained alot of attention, by his playing but ofcourse also by his looks...I think by now he would've gained alot more fans (but I'm not sure if that's something he wanted)

Edited by merces

absolutely. anybody who has left this band has made the right choice

Honestly I agree with this. Since the 90's - I would say since especially 1996 - GNR has been this pit of inactivity and wasted potential. I don't blame Bucket for wanting to get out of that and focus his energy on other things along with any other person who has quit the band because GNR became more of a burden than an artistic outlet

Exactly. My thoughts.

Why the hell has LLL been banned and had his posts deleted?! His post history was by far the richest and most accurate trove of info pertaining to everything regarding Bucket's tenure with the band. I don't believe for a second he was bullshitting as i've talked to him a lot on PM over the years and he has been 100% consistent down to the tiniest details when answering different questions at different times and places. I think i've got most of his stuff saved fortunately but missed the most recent stuff with stuff about members of the camp hitting on underage girls or something. I can understand something like that being censored at TB's request but why delete his entire post history?! Since when did the mods here jump for TB?

I think people would have found it even more difficult to respect GnR if Bucket was still in the band. Amazing musician but people just can't get past the look! and the techno-nun-chuck dance certainly wouldn't have improved matters.

Bucket joining the band was a good idea for him - Exposure

Leaving the band was also go - he gets to continue writing and recording his own material and releasing it when and how he likes.

I'm quite pleased with the line-up as it is today but I'm also a big fan of the material Bucket brought to GnR... just not a fan of GnR having a guitar player with a mask and bucket on his head no matter how good he is.