Losing interest?

Carburetta

Is anyone else feeling this way? There's only so much identical touring the hardcore fan can take imo. I feel as i've reached saturation point. News of new shows or a new tour would not excite me one iota, given the near guarantee that they will be note for note the same as the last show/tour.

Axl finds it very difficult to release new music (understatement of the year), this much is clear, with this in mind what else is there for this band? It doesn't seem as if Axl can even be bothered writing anymore. Can any one honestly see a new Gn'r album in the near to medium term future? I can't. There's just no chance. No bone has been tossed our way, there is no apple dangled in front of our noses, there is just no reason to follow on (unless of course you're still excited by the prospect of more identical touring).

Of course one reason for the lack of excitement over new touring is the elephant in the room that Axl's voice appears to be completely ruined. If Axl can barely sing anymore, does that not mean the end? Is anyone even excited by the prospect of new music with Axl's current voice. I'm not.

Guns N' Roses doesn't exist for this community anymore, they're simply there to entertain the casual fan at a festival or who ever else they can tempt through the entrance with the riff of Sweet child o'mine.

• Like 4

I never lose interest in good music. Obviously I will start visiting this forum less and less if there's never any news. In that sense you could say that I might lose interest. But once they announce a new album I will be just as excited as ever. Why wouldn't I be? I liked Chinese Democracy and I have no reason to believe the next one would be any worse.

Guns never existed for the community from day one, strange that you think it did. If you don't want to follow them anymore, don't. It won't make one bit of difference to anyone on Earth. It's a lot more simple than you're pretending.

For "this community" read hardcore, die hard fans, people who actually give a sh1t. And they did care about us at one point. People who would que for new releases, chat and stir up interest on-line, crave new music and keep their presence alive during the down time. Now we are an inconvenience. Alot of bands would kill for this type of fan and would try to keep them onside as much as possible.

• Like 1

Guns never existed for the community from day one, strange that you think it did. If you don't want to follow them anymore, don't. It won't make one bit of difference to anyone on Earth. It's a lot more simple than you're pretending.

For "this community" read hardcore, die hard fans, people who actually give a sh1t. And they did care about us at one point. People who would que for new releases, chat and stir up interest on-line, crave new music and keep their presence alive during the down time. Now we are an inconvenience. Alot of bands would kill for this type of fan and would try to keep them onside as much as possible.

What have they ever done to fool you into believing that they cared?

Realistically, the band are going to be on hiatus for the rest of the year - they have been on tour for the majority of the last 5 years. 2014, I think we can expect some more news, this year... I think we're going to get our vegas DVD for christmas and that's about all. I'm not really interested in the vegas DVD if I'm honest. 2014 working on the record and by 2015 I think we can expect something, I would love nothing more than to get a record this year or next but 2015 is more realistic considering how slow this band moves.

As for the touring, I'm 100% in agreement, I'm not excited by new dates as it's the same thing every night. if you insist on staying out for 5 years please change the setlist. I think if Guns go out again before a new records released they should at the very least have a complete over haul on the set list. How great would it be to start with "Paradise city" instead of having it as the predictable finisher, great song, but it's kinda ruined by a lazy setlist (and yes it's a lazy setlist - I can understand keeping a setlist for a year or two but 5 is taking the piss).

As for his voice, the majority will agree that he really needs to go to a vocal coach and get his voice back into shape. Considering public perception on GnR mark II, Axls voice should be at the highest standard possible. He can't afford off years, he can't afford to have bad televised performances... people need to see that this band is alive and well and worth the ticket price. The amount of people that I talked to that wouldn't go to see GnR (who liked the band and had never seen them) based on the rubbish RIO 2012 show is unbelievable, I don't think the band or management appreciate how bad appearances like that are for the band and how it will most likely affect their next efforts acceptance among wary fans.

At the end of the day we can complain all day, I really don't think they care (which is really disappointing for me as I'm still enamored with GnR). I don't expect them to listen to everything that's being said on this website as some of it is just crazy :D However! I've read quite a few comments just like mine, it doesn't take a genius to figure out how GnR could get back into fans good books.

*Release a small EP (if you're not ready for a full release, give us something to pacify us one or two songs and a couple of live cuts from the CD tour, simple!)

*Change up the set-list (move around the songs, take some out... some variation please!)

*A Met-on-Tour video idea (great way to keep fan interest while nothings happening 'new music wise' while you tour endlessly, show the backstage tune ups, meet and greet, small band jams, soud-check)

*as unpopular (among the GnR camp) as it might be Axl should seek out the help of a vocal coach. At GnRs level you just have to be able to deliver every night and Axl probably delivers 60% of the time lets get that to 80% and we'll call it even nobody expects miracles or for someone to be on their A game 24/7, but it has really become hit and miss.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 2

Fans, even "hardcore" fans who at some point believed in Axl's second chapter of GNR, have been losing interest for years. Thing is, if or when he puts out a record most of those people would probably jump right back in. Although in smaller numbers, if the band goes on tour those people will still go to the shows. The real problem is it's gotten to the point where another LP worth of material just does not sound realistic anymore.

• Like 1

At the moment I'm bored

I would like to see at least promises to the fanbase be kept (Eg 3D release for cinemas, Topps cards, New Nightrain package)

Musically from the band I need a new album of completely new studio songs.it would be smart to rerelease the covers that never came out with the bonus remix CD to keep the fan base semi happy until CD2 comes out

• Like 1

I have lost interest as well. Axl is almost 60 years old... what more can we expect from him?...

Almost 60... get it together! he's what 51? 52? that's early 50s at best. when he hits 57, 58 or 59 you can say that. we can still expect a lot. there's still a load of singers rocking through their 50s and 60s Bruce dickinson, Joey tempest, Hetfield (singing almost as good as ever) david coverdale and let us not forget DIO he was 67 or 68 when he last toured and he sounded amazing and the albums he was releasing were top notch... you just have to know your limits. The age thing is a cop out! Axls obviously got older and I'm sure he wants to just chill out at this stage but... he did that throughout the mid 90s and most of the start of the 00s so he has lost time to make up for. I'm not taking the age thing as an excuse. If he has a medical issue that's a different story.

also, the funny thing is the majority of the people who have "lost interest" will more than likely be back again with the new release. Everybody just needs to relax, we will get new music we just don't know when. In the meantime go out and listen to some new bands! The winery dogs just released a pretty good rock record why not sink your teeth into that. Just because GnR are your favourite band it does not mean you have to wait with baited breath for them to release their next record... I'm waiting, at present I'm waiting patiently... be realistic... a new record coming out this year is 99.9% not going to happen... there's is an outside chance that somebody is tinkering with something as we debate this but I'm not even going to entertain that notion as it's based on nothing but speculation.