Bumblefoot cancels tour due to "Scheduling Conflict"

LoadedNightraiN

I hope we're all wrong about a SA tour!

I'm thinking that Axl and co are gonna go into the studio and knock out a record pronto and get on the road for January onwards... *ahem*

Seriously, A new release is not on the agenda, I will eat one of Axls many wide brimmed hats if they actually release an album before the end of the year... i'll also eat a further two hats if that material isn't CDII totaling @ 3 very expensive hats and severe bowel issues.

For some reason, I'm actually thinking they may be working on music for once, and this is a positive thing..Think about it..it's got to be tough to see your most rabid fan base turn on you the way the forums have lately (myself included)..We know they're aware of it, and if there's ANY hope to keep the band alive, surely they're not foolish enough to simply tour again with nothing behind it..I honestly wouldn't be surprised to actually see them make some kind of effort (for once)..

If I'm wrong though, you can probably count on continued dwindling attendance, and the band will simply die within the next couple years..

I don't completely disagree with you, but I wonder how true it is that they know we're losing interest. Honestly, isn't there always a pretty majority amount of fans on here talking the band down. The behavior recently is a bit moreso than usual, but hardly one that I see that they'd all of a sudden take notice of it. I feel the activity has always been relatively the same. Either you like the new band or you don't.

Oh come on man..it takes 30 seconds of reading the forums everyday to see that the fan base is sick and tired of the status quo..The band CLEARLY knows this..Be realistic..

I'm guessing that management does not care as much about their die hard fans that know all of the ins and outs of the band as much as they care about the general listeners that will continue to go see GNR live due to the old albums and have almost no idea what is going on with the band now.

I'm for a new album, but wouldn't pass up a fun night of rock n roll. If touring is happening in the U.S. again, I would like another residency. It was fun seeing the band members all over the place. And nothing beats leaving your hotel room and walking into the joint. I still wonder, who stole my damn AFD do not disturb sign. Hey Dariablue did you take it? No hard feelings.

:lol: Nope, but given the opportunity I probably would have. I did get two though, but gave one to someone on this very forum.

1. Sunny

2. Rita

3. Soulmonster

4. BBA

5. Ali :wub:

Incorrect was about the Guns N' Roses part.

Haha, well played. We have a difference of opinion there, but at this point why revisit that old argument?

Why revisit old albums and frontmen? It really is just a tribute band at this point. You can barely even say they have the original frontman anymore. Axl resembles his former self so little they may as well be different people. If there was new music, that would be one thing, but it's the same old tired shit. I'm not interested. :shrugs:

• Like 1

Incorrect was about the Guns N' Roses part.

Haha, well played. We have a difference of opinion there, but at this point why revisit that old argument?

Why revisit old albums and frontmen? It really is just a tribute band at this point. You can barely even say they have the original frontman anymore. Axl resembles his former self so little they may as well be different people. If there was new music, that would be one thing, but it's the same old tired shit. I'm not interested. :shrugs:

I get that, I really do. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from being a user here but some times I'm forced to wonder what the point of going to a GN'R board is for those who just plain don't like GN'R anymore.

• Like 1

In my book, GNR isn't just whatever Axl calls GNR. And last time I checked, this wasn't a NuGNR forum.

I get that, but there are sections to discuss past versions of GN'R and this is the section to discuss what's going on with the current incarnation of GN'R. That's more or less what I'm saying. I don't even remotely expect everyone to be happy about a new tour without a new album. At the same time though, Axl gets to call what he's doing "Guns N' Roses" whether any of us like it or not. So my point is that there's no point in having the "This isn't GN'R argument" anymore seeing as it is whether we like it or not.

• Like 1

WTF? They changed that wrong section bullshit a while ago.

You're a mod. Stop with this "you're not a real fan" garbage. For Christ's sake.

That's not even remotely what I'm saying. You're actually saying you're not a fan of the current lineup, not me. It's all good in my book. I understand that there's a place for all of us. People who loved this line up or that. People who rolled with the punches through certain things. People like me who've disliked things about pretty much every line up (I never liked Adler that much; I couldn't stand Bucket's shtick; I never liked Brain; I loathe DJ™, etc). I do not think anyone who doesn't like the current lineup "isn't a real fan", they're just fans of an older line up and that's all good to me.

I think people have grown tired of Axl's coverband act.

Again, there are plenty of his fans (like myself) that enjoy going to see him perform live. I totally get that there are plenty of people who don't though.

Yeah, the ones who post on HTGTH.

And me. And other fans on here.

• Like 2

You fail to realize that I WANT to be a fan of this lineup, DJ excluded of course. But they continue to play GNR's music when they have never recorded GNR music. What the hell is there to be a fan of until they release their own music?

No, I do get that. For me, live music is such a big deal that I'm cool with seeing them play live. Honestly that's essentially what I'm trying to say. Again, I at no point meant to imply the "You're not a real fan" thing. That's just not my bag man.

I get that, I really do. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from being a user here but some times I'm forced to wonder what the point of going to a GN'R board is for those who just plain don't like GN'R anymore.

It's not a matter of people not liking GnR anymore. People are fucking sick of this GnR parading around as the old GnR. You wanna be GnR then put out a fucking album and own it. Instead this band is nothing more than a tribute act. This incarnation of the band has done nothing but tour the old Guns and the 2001 Guns material. THAT is what people are sick of. People are sick of a band that does nothing but live off the past over and over and over again. People are sick of the once most dangerous band on the planet being the biggest pussy band going. It has nothing to do with people not liking the band that is assembled and everything to do with people HATING what they are doing.... or should I say NOT doing. It's not a hard concept to figure out and yet we've still got people who intentionally misunderstand what it is people don't like and go on to tell them they don't like Guns N' Roses. If people didn't like Guns N' Roses they wouldn't post on Gn'R boards. If people weren't waiting for this band to do something of significance they wouldn't post here or there or anywhere. The fact it looks as though maybe another nostalgia tour is coming is not significant. It's boring and when a handful of fans act like it's the most exciting thing in the world that's more weird than fans who are frustrated with the never ending nostalgia tour with no new material.

• Like 2

You fail to realize that I WANT to be a fan of this lineup, DJ excluded of course. But they continue to play GNR's music when they have never recorded GNR music. What the hell is there to be a fan of until they release their own music?

No, I do get that. For me, live music is such a big deal that I'm cool with seeing them play live. Honestly that's essentially what I'm trying to say. Again, I at no point meant to imply the "You're not a real fan" thing. That's just not my bag man.

I have no problem with that. Really. I just get my back up when people start in with this whole "then why continue to post here" stuff. I'm waiting for Axl to prove my pessimism wrong. I'd love to eat my words. But I'm not gonna smile and say thank you when he's feeding me dog shit.

I have no problem with that. Really. I just get my back up when people start in with this whole "then why continue to post here" stuff. I'm waiting for Axl to prove my pessimism wrong. I'd love to eat my words. But I'm not gonna smile and say thank you when he's feeding me dog shit.

Right on. I totally get what you're saying and like I said I do not ever want to discourage people from posting here (or anywhere on the internet for that matter). Didn't have any intend to offend but I can see how it would have come off that way.