Is Axl Rose done putting out music?

Nick85

The label poked Axl in the ribs and said, "Hey, if you don't release CD we are going to sue you."

After consulting his lawyer and Azoff,...Axl sees that they would win.

He goes into the studio and puts some of the "thousands of clips" together producing about 20 or so songs.

Choses the best 14 for CD.

My theory.

I honestly think there just isn't anything else.

Axl was talking to some fans during a signing after a concert earlier this year and someone asked him about 'Silkworms'. Axl, surprisingly, said that might be out 'later this year, actually' or something along those lines. There's a video of it out there somewhere, at least there was at the time. I'd say that's publicly talking about the next album, or at least some new music being released at some point.

Even if that quote is real, and I'm pretty sure it's just hearsay, if an album was on the horizon for this year, or even early next, wouldn't we at the very least hear some rumblings about it by now?

Don't get me wrong, no one wants to see me proven wrong more than me, however unlikely...

I agree.

If something was happening, there would be some talk. Perhaps a sighting in an actual studio.

Here's another way : leaks. That's when leaks get out. When things are being mixed and someone in the chain gets sticky fingers. As far as I'm concerned, without a leak or two, there is no evidence any progress is being made on a new album.

I think Axl was motivated in the 80's and he had something to say. He lived in the street, his entourage was crazy, his life was crazy, the drugs, etc. Now I think he just doesn't have any motivation left and doesn't know what to express in songs. He lives with a brazilain family.. what can he write about? His lyrics were always real and personal so that's a problem if he still wants to write "real" lyrics. He should just write vague stuff that aren't too personal, maybe it would be easier for him I don't know.

I hope not, but how can we really know either way?

Axl has never said anything definite either way. He always seems to dodge the question when asked. some of the other band members have said they want to work on new music, but we all know that Axl has the first, last and always word on anything GNR.

"Is Axl Rose done putting out music?"

all things considered, right now it definately looks like that!

How so?

Where has that been said? They just got done touring. Since when do bands release an album right after they get off tour?

Multiple band members have hinted at new music later this year or early next. Fernando said they have plans for something in the next few months.

Because:

- there is no news on ANY new music coming!! if you trust anyone close to/in the Guns camp when it comes to releases....you have lots of time left to learn!!

- these hired line-up never managed it yet to write and record together

- there is a strong possibility that Guns will tour early next year, Bumble wouldnt cancel any of his dates unless Axl is goin on yoi.

so, you tell me....you think there will be new music officially be released before 01-02/2014? you think Axl is goin to release 5 more records this lifetime? Get real, he isnt Yoda!! though i might think he believes he will get as old as Yoda.

and further: wanna bet that Axl already has it signed(!!) by TB that about nothing will be released after his death?

Again, they just stopped touring.

Should Axl be giving you a personal phone call everyday to let you know what he s doing? Get grip, after they are done resting a bit, because they just got done touring, Im sure we'll hear something more definitive. Until then making stuff up and saying theyre done or Axl isn't recording anymore, is just pointless and not true.

How many times does it have to be said, just because you don't know, doesn't mean its not happening. Your not supposed to know until the band and label want you to know. That's how they build interest in the product, by making us wait.

Axl is still one of the most talented rock singers alive on the planet today, so I hope not.

I have no doubt he has several quality albums left in him. It's just a matter if him and Beta want to share that music with his millions of fans.

OMG! Mark down this day. I actually agree with everything you said.

I never thought the day would come that we would agree on anything GNR or Axl.

Axl is still one of the most talented rock singers alive on the planet today, so I hope not.

I have no doubt he has several quality albums left in him. It's just a matter if him and Beta want to share that music with his millions of fans.

:headbang:

TWAT - nobody is saying Axl should give daily updates via phone calls.

How about spending 5 minutes every three months giving fans an update? That's 20 minutes a year. Seems fairly reasonable?

:headbang:

TWAT - nobody is saying Axl should give daily updates via phone calls.

How about spending 5 minutes every three months giving fans an update? That's 20 minutes a year. Seems fairly reasonable?

I totally agree man. I've suggested that a few times here and there, seems totally reasonable.

I wonder what their fan club was like during the Appetite and LIES days. In the sleeves to those albums there are addresses for fans to write to.

Of course there are the times where things are said by the band or management and they don't come through, its disappointing. I just don't think its fair for us to judge them on things that we don't know about. At least in a negative way. I'm guilty of it depending on the issue, but not in this case.

I don't believe he IS one of the most talented rock singers anymore. He WAS but time waits for no man and he's no longer that talented a singer in my opinion. I'm not even sure he's a talented songwriter anymore. CD doesn't exactly prove that and 1 album in almost 20 years leads me to believe it's more likely his talent has washed up rather than he's sitting on it but just too stubborn to put it into effect. Until he puts out an album that proves otherwise I'm thinking most of "his" talent left the band in and around 1996

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno, it's now or never though. Either Axl will write a new chapter for GnR by (hopefully) releasing the other album and 1/2 worth of material from CD + maybe an album or 2 with the current band. Or he calls it quits and CD will offically be the last GnR release.

Axl has not released music since 1993. He released some crap in 1999 and 2008, but if you call that music, I have bad news for you.

What crap are you talking about? OMG and the Chinese Democracy album are some of Axl's best work! Prostitute, Scraped, Riad, CD, Shackler's, TIL, Maddy....all amazing songs

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Is he done putting out new music?

I don't know, but 1 album since 1993 and followed by 5 years of nothing pretty much says it all. The more and more time passes the less the chance of a potential of a great number of future albums. I can see maybe one more album from GNR at this rate at the most - two would require a miracle

Unfortunately I think the only way we'll ever get to hear new music is if something leaks, Axl is done putting out new music. Especially with all the planned releases that have been cancelled throughout the last 5 years, the guy can't commit to anything. I really don't understand why things are so complicated though, some bands can record an album in a few months and have it out in the next 6.

He's been singing professionally for 30 years. Whatever he wants to do is up to him, but he hasn't made any announcement of no longer working on new music.

I think this quote sums up any questions about GNR in the studio working on new music:

"There are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.
There are known unknowns; that is to say, there are things that we now know we don't know.
But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know."

Donald Rumsfeld

The label poked Axl in the ribs and said, "Hey, if you don't release CD we are going to sue you."

He goes into the studio and puts some of the "thousands of clips" together producing about 20 or so songs.

My theory.

This might be true.

My theory.

This might be true.

Nah. Axl's an odd guy, but he's no dummy. If he did initially intend to put the next album out within a reasonable time-frame after Chinese, do you honestly think he'd blow his wad and put all the best tracks on the first album? I certainly don't. For those of you that doubt this, re-listen to the 2006 Eddie Trunk interview. Axl clearly states they have the first two albums done, with another half album of tracks that they were then still working on. Not to mention in the 2008 chats where Axl said that he's always "considered it a double, meaning Chinese and the follow-up."

Summed up, the dude's got another finished album of amazing music, no doubt. Thing is, at this point it seems that he has literally no interest in putting it out...for whatever reason.

Edited by sofine11

I think maybe Axl realised that no matter what he does, people will still bitch and it wont have the impact as the 90s stuff. Thats why he mails in the shows or isnt that excited to release music. He doesnt care, hes heard the songs. He enjoyed making them etc.

Hopefully Axl can recharge and come back in 2020 strong with the next episode.

There are a few things to consider here. First, the guys concept of time belongs in a different realm of physics than the rest of us. UYI vocals took a year to record and the guy was sleeping in the studio in a camp bed.

Second, he may be terrified of the sophomore slump that could hit CD II, this is entirely possible as the mystery around his music has faded from the public imagination. CD I like VR I was a solid effort but did not live up to the hype. Having followed and studied the man for over twenty years now, I'm believing that he cannot face the ridicule he imagines Slash and all of his other listed enemies will be heaping upon him in industry circles if CD II stiffed badly, got panned and fell out of the charts....no matter what he nor his followers say.

I just wish Axl would write and release a solo album and head out on a solo tour like Chris Cornell and just lap up the adoration of his hardcores. He's quite the conversationalist when he gets going so the in between songs parts could be great. he could travel light, no entourage, no bullshit. I think it would do the man the world of good. Sadly Axl seems to know nothing else except massive and pressurized dysfunction, I'd swear he gets off on it. He seems hard wired into the MORE AND BIGGER modes for GNR which I think has burned him out pursuing.

Drop the GNR name, write an album in a wood somewhere in two weeks, mix it on an eight track, release on your own label and head out to small venues to play it. it could be the purge he needs.