Marc have you tried...Q

AndreCC

1. I read somewhere (i think here), that you don't know what is your relationship with Axl at the moment because of your book's release.

Have you tried to reach Axl since the release of your book to talk with him or clarify what the situation on his friendship with you? If so what was it like? (if it's not too personal for you to share it)

2. Besides that time when Slash went up to Axl's house in the middle of the night, was there any other times Slash tried to speak with Axl other than that one? Is there any of this situations that you recall, and would like to share with us?

Thanks!

Loved your Book!

Andre

Portugal

PS: One day i'll have to visit Canter's Deli, the sanwishes look yummy :P

I did some email in 2008. His thoughts were that I had betrayed him, I 100% disagree but thats where were at now. I was not with Slash when he went to Axl's house.

It's amazing/sad that a 50 yr old man can throw away a 20 yr friendship over one 'alleged' disagreement/misunderstanding.

I did some email in 2008. His thoughts were that I had betrayed him, I 100% disagree but thats where were at now. I was not with Slash when he went to Axl's house.

It's amazing/sad that a 50 yr old man can throw away a 20 yr friendship over one 'alleged' disagreement/misunderstanding.

He throw away his own bandmates friendship :axl::axl92: (i'm not saying this is 100% Axl's fault)

I think betrayal is definitely over the top.

I think mostly, Axl feels that anything related to the Original band that gets released will hurt whatever plans he has for the new band.

Maybe he feels that that fuels the people who keep pressuring him for a reunion at the label, or maybe he just feels every time they talk about the old band, it will make it harder for the new band to shine.

It would all be easier if he had changed the name. He can still do it as he already proved his point with Chinese Democracy (at least it's my opinion). It would relieve a lot of unnacessary pressure that he's under because of the name.

And those 'plans' he had for the new band were just fantastic haha?

Oh God! This new band is a train wreck... even Justin Bieber has his shit more together...His nanny is now the manager of Guns N'Roses, you have new members coming out and saying they don't care about releasing new music. You have the manager confronting the fans several times.... what's next... it looks like a circus. It really does justice to Slash's song "Beggars and Hangers"

Andre ~ Axl himself admitted in the chats, that if he changed the name it would be career suicide. Its not happening, Guns n Roses is his name and he makes his living off of that name.

Well he's wrong. If that were the case, that would mean Slash has committed like 5 career suicides, and if anything his career his only gotten better and better with each band. Thats not how people see it. Bands break up, and EVERYONE in life moves on. Axl was either to afraid or unable to move onto something new with a new name. I understand he thinks the GNR name is his, but he must have known everyone would judge him for who he put in the band to replace the well known guys. That wouldn't have happened if he formed a new band with a new name. The exact opposite of career suicide.

If you think going from band to band and having to start over is good for your music career then I disagree. Both have suffered from constant lineup changes. There has to be stability for musicians to mesh. Slashs career has not gotten better, he's working harder then he's ever had to. That's why you see him every where. I love Slash with GnR, I play guitar because of his work with GnR, but I don't own any of his solo records because Imo, he can't find a stable band to play with. I think his newer work has suffered because its forced and not

natural. A result of constantly changing bands. I'm a life long fan and I don't see it as a good thing for him. I disagree that most see it your way. Imo, most would want him to be in a stable outfit, either VR, GnR, or whatever. Just be stable.

So you think Axl could do better by making a record with session musicians and going by a new name?? Why not just find the best players you can and call it Guns n Roses? It IS his name, in all manners. If he chooses to play as GnR its his choice. You don't have to like it, it is what it is man.

He's not a solo artist like Billy Joel or Elton John. Why would he at this/that stage of his career all of the sudden go by a different name as a solo ?

Please name one successful artist who was at Axls level that changed names and was still as successful.

Edited by T.wa.T

by your logic Adler could be "Guns N' Roses" if he'd tricked out the name. just because it's legally his name doesnt make it right. and many fans agree on this. there always is some moral factor. like...just because some criminal couldnt legally be damned doesnt mean he (f.e.) didnt rape that girl, ya know?
IMO Mr. Rose could have lived a much more painless life with a new band name. but as he himself said in 12/2008 "dropping the name became suicide", he simply doesnt wanna loose his expensive life style by dropping the name. hell, he didnt even gave some name rights to Dizzy who is in the band for 23 years!!

it's about money a lot for Axl. and he still talks his way out of it blaming others, Slash this, managers that *hiding time*, evil fans again, some legal issues *hiding time*, bla bla. same old game.

then there occured some main "newer" problem: his voice! it got soooo weak since Rio 2011, i dont know how he honestly can perform with that without having doubts about what he is doing and why still people come to "hear" that.

I really don't think that Slash is working as hard as some(and not just those in this thread/forums)that he has to.

Slash has always been one to not sit still.Thing is,being "who" he is,allows him to be able to dip his toes into other things.

Yes,he promotes the stuff he is doing at the time.He used to do it with Guns stuff too!That's what people in the entertainment industry are suppose to do.

I'm not saying that to take up for him.Other celebrities do it too!They promote their movies,sitcoms,etc.And so do other musicians.Its called work.;)

And with as much product(s) that Slash releases,he in turn has to promote it.Hence,why you see him everywhere.

Edited by SweetRose

Andre ~ Axl himself admitted in the chats, that if he changed the name it would be career suicide. Its not happening, Guns n Roses is his name and he makes his living off of that name.

I dont agree slash has done alright with out the name surely everone has worked out its not the same band by now

Edited by Gibbo 27

Slash is a work animal, He works 25 hours a day 8 days a week traveling all around the world keeping himself busy. It might have something to do with him staying sober. Sometimes if addicts don't keep busy, they can fall off the wagon. On the other hand Slash has always worked hard on what he is doing since I can remember.

Maybe it was more a case of since Axl owned the name he owed the record company something so it legally became his responsibility.

I think you're right. I think that's what he meant. That if he ended GNR back then he would have to pay all the debts and it would ruin him immediately. At least that's how I understood him...

If you think going from band to band and having to start over is good for your music career then I disagree. Both have suffered from constant lineup changes. There has to be stability for musicians to mesh. Slashs career has not gotten better, he's working harder then he's ever had to. That's why you see him every where. I love Slash with GnR, I play guitar because of his work with GnR, but I don't own any of his solo records because Imo, he can't find a stable band to play with. I think his newer work has suffered because its forced and not

natural. A result of constantly changing bands. I'm a life long fan and I don't see it as a good thing for him. I disagree that most see it your way. Imo, most would want him to be in a stable outfit, either VR, GnR, or whatever. Just be stable.

So you think Axl could do better by making a record with session musicians and going by a new name?? Why not just find the best players you can and call it Guns n Roses? It IS his name, in all manners. If he chooses to play as GnR its his choice. You don't have to like it, it is what it is man.

He's not a solo artist like Billy Joel or Elton John. Why would he at this/that stage of his career all of the sudden go by a different name as a solo ?

Please name one successful artist who was at Axls level that changed names and was still as successful.

Hmmm, Ozzy, Sting, Bowie all seemed pretty successful once they went solo without having to rely on the past and they all made alot of music after their early success.

Hmmm, Ozzy, Sting, Bowie all seemed pretty successful once they went solo without having to rely on the past and they all made alot of music after their early success.

Ill give you Sting and Bowie. Im not sure if Ozzy owned the name to BS. My point is very few change names and even fewer can pull it off. With Axls reputation in the media and the loss of fans due to the breakup he would have a harder time restablishing himself with a no name band under a new name.

But all the name has served is it allows Axl to be a Vegas artist. If he pulled off his dream of releasing three albums in the early naughties, and held onto Buckethead et al., you could say that the retention of the name was a 'good decision'. Does the term 'Guns N' Roses' put extra bums on seats? Yes, but was that all the band ever was, maximising sales for profit in some shitty theatre? How about albums and art?

I also believe he'd be much better of without the name and that the name Axl Rose is more than enough. It is just as recognizable as Guns N Roses, there'd be no difference. Point is could he do this from the financial aspect or would he have to pay off all the GNR debts which must have grown until the late nineties...