If NuGNR Were Allowed to Play at the HoF, How Will Fans React in the End?

ChristmasFnatic

Its too easy to stand by while Axl gets thrown under the bus. If asked they seem like good guys but actions speak louder than words is the platitude that fits.

What they were saying is we have the right to call this GNR because Axl stole the name and destroyed the band. If they wanted to bury the hachet that was as good a time as any.

Its like they all took a job. Izzy just didnt turn up, Axl wrote the letter, Adler went tabloid, Duff and Slash played the gig, Matt did the speech.

It was so GNR in the end.

Lol at Adler.

"I hate Axl! I'm done with him"

-two days pass-

"Axl is the best, I feel nothing but love for the guy. Thanks Axl"

Its like they all took a job. Izzy just didnt turn up, Axl wrote the letter, Adler went tabloid, Duff and Slash played the gig, Matt did the speech.

It was so GNR in the end.

Lol at Adler.

"I hate Axl! I'm done with him"

-two days pass-

"Axl is the best, I feel nothing but love for the guy. Thanks Axl"

I'm pretty sure Steven stayed pissed at Axl for good this time.

Or gotten together and written a Fuck Off letter like The Sex Pistols did

Or Axl could have put his PERSONAL grudges aside and dedicated the night to the MILLIONS OF GNR FANS who filled his bank account...........but ya, I suppose the fans shouldn't have been part of the equation at all.

Only on this forum do die-hard fans of a singer think that NOT playing (or putting out albums, or doing interviews) is a good thing. :shrugs:

"Everybody here knows that this guy to my right and I can't stand each other and after this event, we probably won't speak again for the next 10 years......but for the next 15 minutes we're gonna give the fans what they've been begging for for the last 15 years.........dooo you know where the fucccckkkkkkkkk you arrrrrrrrrrre????????"

Edited by Groghan

Or Axl could have put his PERSONAL grudges aside and dedicated the night to the MILLIONS OF GNR FANS who filled his bank account...........but ya, I suppose the fans shouldn't have been part of the equation at all.

Only on this forum do die-hard fans of a singer think that NOT playing (or putting out albums, or doing interviews) is a good thing. :shrugs:

"Everybody here knows that this guy to my right and I can't stand each other and after this event, we probably won't speak again for the next 10 years......but for the next 15 minutes we're gonna give the fans what they've been begging for for the last 15 years.........dooo you know where the fucccckkkkkkkkk you arrrrrrrrrrre????????"

Groghan the problem is the people that were inducted are not GNR.

The problem is you by the looks of it.

Technically you are correct!!!!

But the "music" that was being inducted was Appetite, Illlusions and Lies...........not for CD.

Surely you can at least admit that?

I agree that it was a cluster just because of how many band members Axl has went through with GnR. If CD really counted, does that mean Bucket and Robin should have been inducted as well?

I think that a solution could have been made that would have pleased everybody, but Axl and the RnR people were probably both strong willed about what they wanted.

The problem is you by the looks of it.

They used to be GNR but they are not GNR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N'_Roses#Band_members

Not just Groghan, but this

The only reason Guns N' Roses was inducted was because of the music released during 1987-1996.

Stop trolling Volcano, it gets tiring after a while. Like it or not Slash and Duff played on AFD, Lies and UYI, the albums that made Guns N Roses famous and worthy of entering the rock n roll hall of fame.

$la$hole had no reason accepting an award for a band that he hasn't been a part of for 17 years. If Slash doesn't want to talk about GN'R because he hasn't been in the band for 17 years, he shouldn't want to accept an award for that band that's dead to him.

Stop trolling Volcano, it gets tiring after a while. Like it or not Slash and Duff played on AFD, Lies and UYI, the albums that made Guns N Roses famous and worthy of entering the rock n roll hall of fame.

$la$hole had no reason accepting an award for a band that he hasn't been a part of for 17 years. If Slash doesn't want to talk about GN'R because he hasn't been in the band for 17 years, he shouldn't want to accept an award for that band that's dead to him.

What does $la$hole mean?

So in your "world"......Slash shouldn't accept an award for music that he helped write and that he helped make famous...............but DJ should be inducted as a member of GnR, even though he didn't create ONE note of music for any GnR album, and he makes his living with GnR playing other people's music?

Put your weird obsession with hating Slash aside and just look at it logically. The guys who created the iconic albums deserved to go in the hall of fame.

The sad thing on your part is that if you asked DJ and BBF if THEY THEMSELVES think they belong in the Hall of Fame under the GnR name, I'd bet money they would say "Nope, not until we create music as good as what the classic line-up did."

Are you capable of discussing GnR in a mature, intelligent manner without all the idiotic Axl-vs-Slash bs?

Who said the band and the resounding legacy he helped create is dead to him? As far as I can tell he just doesn't want to rehash the same ol' questions in interviews. The music he was a part of in GNR will always live on and have a noteworthy legacy - thus cementing his presence within the world of GNR.

I don't want to go off on on your point of what he "shouldn't" want because then the extrapolation of personal thoughts start getting out of control but considering the only reason GNR is an entity worthy of a Rock Hall of Fame award is because of the music Slash and co. were a part of there are more than enough legitimate reasons for why Slash getting the award is apt.

Not to mention the "17 years of not being in the band" point you make actually kind of reinforces the fact that he should be in the HOF and is deserving of the award. Think about it - 17 years later and the majority of what GNR plays are the songs and solos Slash was a part of in terms of sound and style as well as the rest of the old band (not to mention how well the GH album is still selling). That is pretty telling.

Edited by WhazUp

No. Myles get kicked in the nuts by a midget just before he sings his first note. Everything else goes as described.

Pretty sure that's what went on during the Apocalyptic Love recording sessions. Also I'm pretty sure the middle of TWAT was recorded with the aid of a car-battery and some wet electrodes. ;)

To me it was about the HOF agenda. To push for areunion show. Thats fair enough, its their award show.

But its also fair that Axl didnt go because its not how he sees GNR.

They ignored the human aspect and went for the dollars. Thats alright.

I sort of see it the other way around.

The human aspect to me would be for Axl to acknowledge that he achieved great things with the old line up, and to celebrate with them for ONE NIGHT despite it being against the business and economic interests of promoting the current line up as GNR.

To say that wanting to give awards to the guys who played on AFD and UYI for the fact that AFD and UYI changed history is a cash grab is odd to me.

How can the hall induct the modern line up? On the basis of what? Chinese Democracy? An album that's been out for only 5 years and on which at least one of them didn't actually play? It just doesn't make sense.

I like the new band but this was just not their night.

There was a way to do both. Honor the AFD, then have new Guns play. Win win. But the Hof agenda of a reunion show offered no space for that.

But they asked Axl to say GNR now aint as important and play with old guys even when it would harm his position.

Then when axl agreed not to show everyone showed their true colors. Slash was glad, Adler angry, Duff hurt, Matt amused, Izzy relieved.

No offense, but are you nuts? There was no way they were gonna have the nu band play, while the actual methods (and the people actually getting inducted) to the madness just sat in the audience and watched. That would've been awful, and would have tarnished both Axl's and the gnr name further down under.

If that was actually Axl's proposal, I'm glad the hof laughed him out the door. The gp stopped pretending the naked emperor had clothes a long time ago. It's time Axl woke up and accepted it as well.

that would be that human aspect I was talking about. Why cant they both play. Even mix up the line ups? a celebration of GNR with Axl Rose on stage with GNR.

Why is it so important to destroy Axl. You have call him an asshole and call him to heel before its GNR.

All they did was focus on the bitterness.

probably because it suits everyone. I guess would be dangerous bcos some peoples reps are built on the "real" gnr.

Its really the final lesson of the change/drones school.

Not really though. This night was all about honoring the members and the music created by those members. That was it. The nu guys had no business being there.

People want to see those people performing, or nothing. Nobody wanted to see them joined with a clusterfuck of a parody. Nobody wanted to hear a nu song. Again, the nu band had no business being at a ceremony dedicated to the band that actually gave weight to the name "Guns N' Roses". Not a cover outfit dedicated to mooching off that success.

I don't see it as them being assholes to Axl, but merely them addressing the reality Axl's still stubbornly in denial abou. I in no way blame them for not addressing something that's been nothing but a failure to launch, and has done pretty much nothing of significance for music.

No. Myles get kicked in the nuts by a midget just before he sings his first note. Everything else goes as described.

Pretty sure that's what went on during the Apocalyptic Love recording sessions. Also I'm pretty sure the middle of TWAT was recorded with the aid of a car-battery and some wet electrodes. ;)

To me it was about the HOF agenda. To push for areunion show. Thats fair enough, its their award show.

The human aspect to me would be for Axl to acknowledge that he achieved great things with the old line up, and to celebrate with them for ONE NIGHT despite it being against the business and economic interests of promoting the current line up as GNR.

To say that wanting to give awards to the guys who played on AFD and UYI for the fact that AFD and UYI changed history is a cash grab is odd to me.

How can the hall induct the modern line up? On the basis of what? Chinese Democracy? An album that's been out for only 5 years and on which at least one of them didn't actually play? It just doesn't make sense.

There was a way to do both. Honor the AFD, then have new Guns play. Win win. But the Hof agenda of a reunion show offered no space for that.

But they asked Axl to say GNR now aint as important and play with old guys even when it would harm his position.

Then when axl agreed not to show everyone showed their true colors. Slash was glad, Adler angry, Duff hurt, Matt amused, Izzy relieved.

No offense, but are you nuts? There was no way they were gonna have the nu band play, while the actual methods (and the people actually getting inducted) to the madness just sat in the audience and watched. That would've been awful, and would have tarnished both Axl's and the gnr name further down under.

If that was actually Axl's proposal, I'm glad the hof laughed him out the door. The gp stopped pretending the naked emperor had clothes a long time ago. It's time Axl woke up and accepted it as well.

that would be that human aspect I was talking about. Why cant they both play. Even mix up the line ups? a celebration of GNR with Axl Rose on stage with GNR.

Why is it so important to destroy Axl. You have call him an asshole and call him to heel before its GNR.

probably because it suits everyone. I guess would be dangerous bcos some peoples reps are built on the "real" gnr.

Yeah, a certain band had no problem having two bass players on stage during their HOF induction performance.

Not really though. This night was all about honoring the members and the music created by those members. That was it. The nu guys had no business being there.

People want to see those people performing, or nothing. Nobody wanted to see them joined with a clusterfuck of a parody. Nobody wanted to hear a nu song. Again, the nu band had no business being at a ceremony dedicated to the band that actually gave weight to the name "Guns N' Roses". Not a cover outfit dedicated to mooching off that success.

I don't see it as them being assholes to Axl, but merely them addressing the reality Axl's still stubbornly in denial abou. I in no way blame them for not addressing something that's been nothing but a failure to launch, and has done pretty much nothing of significance for music.

Why do you keep saying Nu? This is Guns N' Roses, and has been for 5 years now.

What does $la$hole mean?

So in your "world"......Slash shouldn't accept an award for music that he helped write and that he helped make famous...............but DJ should be inducted as a member of GnR, even though he didn't create ONE note of music for any GnR album, and he makes his living with GnR playing other people's music?

Put your weird obsession with hating Slash aside and just look at it logically. The guys who created the iconic albums deserved to go in the hall of fame.

The sad thing on your part is that if you asked DJ and BBF if THEY THEMSELVES think they belong in the Hall of Fame under the GnR name, I'd bet money they would say "Nope, not until we create music as good as what the classic line-up did."

Are you capable of discussing GnR in a mature, intelligent manner without all the idiotic Axl-vs-Slash bs?

Thing is slash quit on his band, friends and fans. At least dj and the the rest of guns n roses are still out there playing the music we love and keeping he name alive. It's not like the old guys had any intentions of keeping our favorite band going. Besides what we have today is a much more mature, professional, polished version of GNR and they are much more precise in a live setting.

What does $la$hole mean?

Thing is slash quit on his band, friends and fans. At least dj and the the rest of guns n roses are still out there playing the music we love and keeping he name alive. It's not like the old guys had any intentions of keeping our favorite band going. Besides what we have today is a much more mature, professional, polished version of GNR and they are much more precise in a live setting.

They may be more "polished and precise" but they are missing the swagger that Guns used to have, and I'll take old Guns swagger anytime over what's being offered now.

Say you had a wife who you got a divorce from. Then 20 years later your marriage gets an award from the old peoples home she works at. She wants you to appear with her at ceremony with her to relive the old days. Your new 23 year old co ed girlfriend doesnt want you to go what do you do?

I believe it's against the rules to call someone a fucking idiot... so.. yeah, I won't....

Edited by Kapitch_77