Why do you think Axl constantly sabotaged the old band and new band with his tardiness in the studio and in concert?

Randy Lahey

I have an uncle like that. If we have something planned at 8pm then you tell him 6pm :lol:

I have a friend like that and we used to do the same thing in my single drinking days...we would always tell him we were going to start an hour earlier then we actually planned on going out and it worked like a charm.............

To each his own but your way off the mark about Axl. You don't even have a clue on what he is capable of writing or doing and how he thinks and what makes him tick.

Right on! You out of anybody here knows your old friend has good intentions. Lincoln said it best,"I don't like that man, I must get to know him better".

Late people (I am one) are just disorganized and we have no concept of how time works. We try to do all these things before an event or a simple appointment. We screw up, again and again but the goal is to be present when we arrive so we take that risk. I'm not expecting anyone to understand and lateness has no excuse but don't think it is a conscious decision. Some of us also spend too much time on other people's problems even ignoring ours. As a teen when I read an article that being late was inconsiderate (altho obvious, it actually hadn't dawned on me) I tried to work on it but to no avail. Still I haven't a sense of time but getting closer to being prompt!

As far as Axl, hasn't he been going on mostly on time lately?

• Like 1

To each his own but your way off the mark about Axl. You don't even have a clue on what he is capable of writing or doing and how he thinks and what makes him tick.

Right on! You out of anybody here knows your old friend has good intentions. Lincoln said it best,"I don't like that man, I must get to know him better".

Late people (I am one) are just disorganized and we have no concept of how time works. We try to do all these things before an event or a simple appointment. We screw up, again and again but the goal is to be present when we arrive so we take that risk. I'm not expecting anyone to understand and lateness has no excuse but don't think it is a conscious decision. Some of us also spend too much time on other people's problems even ignoring ours. As a teen when I read an article that being late was inconsiderate (altho obvious, it actually hadn't dawned on me) I tried to work on it but to no avail. Still I haven't a sense of time but getting closer to being prompt!

buy a watch

buy a watch

You had the right solution before. The trick is to tell people a different start time. My friends do this to me!

Wearing a watch is not enough if you don't understand time. I improved from just not letting people derail my

schedule. I admit I let them, my fault.

buy a watch

You had the right solution before. The trick is to tell people a different start time. My friends do this to me!

Wearing a watch is not enough if you don't understand time. I improved from just not letting people derail my

My wife is anal about being late so she sets the alarm on her smart phone to give her warning. If you have a smart phone give it a try...........

I thought I read once that he has stage fright. It might just take time for him to get it together enough to go out and do a show,.

I think Axl gets paranoid sometimes when it comes to gigs, b/c of his perfectionism, maybe. Is not exactly stage fright, I guess. The guy is very complicated!

I'm not trying to make excuses for him, I understand he is wrong many times, but I still think we can't judge so much, because we don't really understand his motivations. He really has his issues, and it's really frustrating.

I wish he could change certain behaviors so people would not have so many reasons to criticize him.

buy a watch

My wife is anal about being late so she sets the alarm on her smart phone to give her warning. If you have a smart phone give it a try...........

Thanks! Also setting the clock ahead works, you always forget when you look at it! :wacko:

I think Axl gets paranoid sometimes when it comes to gigs, b/c of his perfectionism, maybe. Is not exactly stage fright, I guess. The guy is very complicated!

I thought I read once that he has stage fright. It might just take time for him to get it together enough to go out and do a show,.

I'm not trying to make excuses for him, I understand he is wrong many times, but I still think we can't judge so much, because we don't really understand his motivations. He really has his issues, and it's really frustrating.

I wish he could change certain behaviors so people would not have so many reasons to criticize him.

Good point, why make it easy for others to criticize. I thought Jimmy Kimmel's joke to his face was a little tired or was it Jimmy Fallon? The same late joke over and over.....

The difference with 'normal' people (for lack of a better term) who are usually late is that, they have forgotten or have become side-tracked doing something else somewhere down the line which has diverted them from arriving at the place on time. In contrast, Axl's sole purpose for being in that country/city is to play a show; he is already (usually) in the city if you know what I mean. Is it really possible that Axl can say to himself from a hotel in Tokyo, ‘’what was I about to do in Tokyo? I am sure there was something I needed to do tonight but I have forgotten?.‘’ Axl also has a multitude of minions and support staff who can remind him that there is a show in two hours; his flights and transport are arranged (so it is not as if he misses a bus. There is also a question of proportion. Fifteen thousand people - not to mention venue staff, police, medical services - may be relying on Axl Rose turning up that night - they have paid for the privilege. That is a bit different from a friend being a hour late for the pub.

• Like 1

Psychological condition?!?! Do me a fuckin' favour, you lot don't half talk out of your fuckin' arse sometimes :lol:

Psychological condition doesn't mean a disease. Everybody has their own psychological conditions, the human being is a psychological creature.

People usually do not think of it before criticizing others.

I wish Axl could overcome this type of behavior because it would be good for him. I do not want to just criticize and be unfair. Is simple as that!

Guest Len B'stard

Psychological condition doesn't mean a disease. Everybody has their own psychological conditions, the human being is a psychological creature.

Psychological condition?!?! Do me a fuckin' favour, you lot don't half talk out of your fuckin' arse sometimes :lol:

I wish Axl could overcome this type of behavior because it would be good for him. I do not want to just criticize and be unfair. Is simple as that!

Sod that, i ain't tip-toeing around shit cuz 'everybody has conditions', when you do something as your profession a measure of your character is the pride you take in it and the way you do your job properly, whether you are a rockstar or a guy that screws doornobs in for a living and if he can't do his job properly then maybe he should quit and stop wasting everyones fucking time.

To criticise and be unfair are not indivisible, he's ONE bloke and there's thousands there that have paid to see him, why is it that all the sensitivity is for the poor rich rockstar flying down from his fuckin' ivory tower, how about the poor sods standing in a fuckin' pit for 2 hours waiting for this tosspot to get his finger out?

And whats his reply to that? It's more or less don't bother coming cuz i'm always gonna be late. 'It's rock n roolllll maaann', yeah, it's not rock n roll when someone throws a fuckin' plastic bottle at you though is it? He quickly becomes a fuckin' health and safety supervisor then, all the fuckin' rock n roll goes out the window then, don't it?

And to think bands like The Clash once existed on our fair planet, that prided themselves on coming on on time and on budget, that gave up the royalties on their own albums just so they could sell them to kids at an affordable price, that responded to the fact that greedy promoters over-booked venues by basically doing a residency there for 17 nights so everybody that bought a ticket got to see a show.

Thats why people will forever love The Clash fiercely....and Guns n Roses are a fuckin' joke.

:lol: Jesus Christ, Len! I was with you up until that last part though. I never understood why people make excuses for Axl's lateness. It's baffling. No excuse not to be on time. And wtf to people calling lateness a psychological condition. Megalomania maybe. Edited by Dariablue

Sod that, i ain't tip-toeing around shit cuz 'everybody has conditions', when you do something as your profession a measure of your character is the pride you take in it and the way you do your job properly, whether you are a rockstar or a guy that screws doornobs in for a living and if he can't do his job properly then maybe he should quit and stop wasting everyones fucking time.

To criticise and be unfair are not indivisible, he's ONE bloke and there's thousands there that have paid to see him, why is it that all the sensitivity is for the poor rich rockstar flying down from his fuckin' ivory tower, how about the poor sods standing in a fuckin' pit for 2 hours waiting for this tosspot to get his finger out?

And whats his reply to that? It's more or less don't bother coming cuz i'm always gonna be late. 'It's rock n roolllll maaann', yeah, it's not rock n roll when someone throws a fuckin' plastic bottle at you though is it? He quickly becomes a fuckin' health and safety supervisor then, all the fuckin' rock n roll goes out the window then, don't it?

All the sensitivity isn't just for the poor rockstar. Is because of it that I said I completely understand why fans aren't very understanding with him many times. I know is because many fans are just tired of Axl's craziness. But I still have some respect for him and don't want to be unfair, so I asked for Marc what he thinks, what really happens to him. And I know Axl is complicated and that he can't handle his unstable moods many times.

I will say it again AXl is not in control of his time. It he was able to control it I'm 100% sure that he would be on time for gigs. The people around him try to help but it still doesn't always work.

Can you clarify this? How can someone not be in control of their time?

:lol: Jesus Christ, Len! I was with you up until that last part though. I never understood why people make excuses for Axl's lateness. It's baffling. No excuse not to be on time. And wtf to people calling lateness a psychological condition. Megalomania maybe.

Try to understand why is not making excuses, everything has an explanation and this not mean that everyone should just accept his behavior.

To me Axl had the same mindset at club shows as he did when he played arenas. It's not that weird for a headlining band to come on at midnight at a House of Blues show when the doors open at 7 and you have a few supporting acts coming on and playing, and when they're setting up for the next band, can get the refill at the bar and chill out with your "neighbors" that you're getting sweaty with.

It's just that going on 2-3 hours late at an arena show affects way more people and sitting in a hockey rink for that long is going to bore people, make people lose their buzz, get fed up at some point, and you've spent a half hour walking around seeing every merch booth and seeing more of the arena than you ever thought possible.

The difference with 'normal' people (for lack of a better term) who are usually late is that, they have forgotten or have become side-tracked doing something else somewhere down the line which has diverted them from arriving at the place on time. In contrast, Axl's sole purpose for being in that country/city is to play a show; he is already (usually) in the city if you know what I mean. Is it really possible that Axl can say to himself from a hotel in Tokyo, ‘’what was I about to do in Tokyo? I am sure there was something I needed to do tonight but I have forgotten?.‘’ Axl also has a multitude of minions and support staff who can remind him that there is a show in two hours; his flights and transport are arranged (so it is not as if he misses a bus. There is also a question of proportion. Fifteen thousand people - not to mention venue staff, police, medical services - may be relying on Axl Rose turning up that night - they have paid for the privilege. That is a bit different from a friend being a hour late for the pub.

This. And there's been more than one concert Axl was late to because he just didn't want to stop doing whatever he was doing. I think in London (maybe Paris) it was watching a fireworks display. That's not a difficulty with time -- that's twenty+ years of doing whatever you want, at anyone else's expense, and experiencing no adverse consequences for it.

:lol:

I will say it again AXl is not in control of his time. It he was able to control it I'm 100% sure that he would be on time for gigs. The people around him try to help but it still doesn't always work.

Sorry Marc but I find myself having a hard time getting around that statement. Has Axl ever heard of a little device called, a watch, an alarm clock even? In fact phones these days have alarm clocks built in. Merely set a remainder on the thing and your phone goes off in your pocket. And how does having people helping him, not work? This is impossible to understand. Presumably if, say, Fernando, goes ''30mins until showtime'' all Axl needs to do, is remember that he has a show to play in 30 mins time!! Surely even Axl's notoriously short attention span can retain this piece of information?

Guest Len B'stard

What does that mean though, he's not in control of his time? Quite frankly i don't think his talent is exceptional enough to warrant that kind of leeway, he simply isn't that kind of rockstar. I'd gladly wait for a Keith Moon, now THAT is wired differently, Jimi Hendrix, THAT is wired differently...people that actually are wired differently tend to not live very long lives, Axl doesn't appear to me wired differently, he just comes across as arrogant, and pointlessly so totally and completely self aware and pretty lacking in regard for his audience.

I mean if we were talking about some seriously mental rockstar, like Keith Moon who was busying blowing up a hotel but you KNOW when he comes on stage he's gonna fuckin' rip it up in a way that is just totally incomparable to anybody else before or since well thats worth waiting for but Axl Rose? Honestly i went to see the guy in Hammersmith in 06 and it was probably the worst rock n roll show i've ever seen in my life, he comes onstage late and then the whole gig was just his tired old 'routine' only this time being performed by a man in his forties and hence not really able to perform those things with the same limberness and aplomb as he did as a younger guy, it was like a series of set pieces, it was dreadful.

He's all louche and rock n roll and mental when he wants to be but he fuckin' comes to his senses soon enough when there's money involved eh? Or when he's slagging off his bandmates, he's suddenly this totally sober self aware calculating fella then. I don't reckon there's jackshit wrong with him, he's just a cunt. And y'know what, bless him, he's allowed to be one if he wants to but call a spade a spade here, honestly, this bloke goes around throwing a fit when a bottle of Evian gets thrown onstage, ditches gigs, does all this uptight bullshit...but when it comes to lateness then he's like, SOOOO rock n roll, gimme a break..