Was Going Down really a good song?

Young_Gun

Why not listen to it again Randy? One time listening isn't really enough to form an opinion one way or the other..Unless you just don't want to give it a chance..

Sorry, I meant that I'd only listened to it once since the night it leaked. I listened to it a few times the night it leaked, but only once since then.

I would say it is a good song. Honestly I like it more than a few of the Chinese tunes, namely Madagascar, IRS, and Riad.

It would not have fit CD but I do think it is a quality tune that resembles classic GNR material the most out of all the newer tunes

Definitly like it! Way better than all the solos they use to show case the "new" band during the live performances. Can't believe they don't just play stuff like this when Axl needs to rest.

Really liked the Ashba version of Better too (which really, really, really surprised me in positive way!).

Heard Sweet Child on the radio the other day...noticed the tone of the guitars was similar to Going Downs in places. Comparing the two and you can almost hear that there is a deliberate attempt in that song to do that.

I for on think this song has some wheels to it.. its a simple song..no grand epic overtures but catchy and memorable.

Guest Scatman

All I know is last week I totally forgot I had it.

I listen to it a few times a week and think its great. You must spend a bit of time on reddit, right?

I think its a really good song, people i know who arent big fans of Gn'R/people who dont like current guns at all...have all given this song high praise when ive played it for them. they also all seem to really really love the DJ Ashba version of Better, they feel its less cluttered than the CD version and it doesnt have the weird industrial stuff going on with it.

Boring, generic, sounds like its made for radio, didn't even listen to it all the way through, no Axl on lead vocals.

Compare to when I first heard IRS which was way too cool of a find for a demo and I liked it that much that I made sure to never listen to another CD demo and spoil the album for myself before it came out.