Ghost

axlslash

Copia posted that Ghost was very honored to be nominated for two Grammy awards and I think they were interviewed by the Grammy people. Let's hope they get more respect this year than they did last year. I'm dvring the show and hoping to see Ghost and GNR somewhere, but it seems the Grammy's don't show the rock awards anymore.

I'm also a fan of the BSB so hoping they win too. I know pop awards are always shown.

don't like most of the artists singing, so I will be speeding through most of this show because I will be watching The Walking Dead this Sunday!

on the official Ghost site they have added new items.

I've ordered the Ghost leggings! They look so cool and I think there are different images on the legs.

they cost $40 which is $10 cheaper than the GNR leggings for $50, but I did get them on sale for $37 or something like that.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more

thanks for posting. I was wondering if Ghost would show up. It sucks they lost, but the Grammy's in my opinion never pick bands who deserve the awards. GNR didn't win either, but picking Weird Al's box set when all he does is use other real musicians songs to parody and that's what wins? Just not right.

Guess since everyone knows Tobias now no sense hiding behind make up anymore. Either way, Ghost rocks.

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

thanks for posting. I was wondering if Ghost would show up. It sucks they lost, but the Grammy's in my opinion never pick bands who deserve the awards. GNR didn't win either, but picking Weird Al's box set when all he does is use other real musicians songs to parody and that's what wins? Just not right.

Guess since everyone knows Tobias now no sense hiding behind make up anymore. Either way, Ghost rocks.

The Grammy that Weird Al won is literally based on the packaging design - his music has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not he wins. 

19 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

The Grammy that Weird Al won is literally based on the packaging design - his music has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not he wins. 

That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Isn't it supposed to be about the music? Well, the Grammy's sucks. I dvr'd the rest of the show and sped through the whole thing. Half the people I never heard of and the other half I don't like. lol

Ghost got robbed too. Tobias looked so handsome in his black suite and he's so damn polite. He had a speech all ready. Damn you Grammy's! You suck! lol

• 2 weeks later...

x3fmvn.jpg

I was able to meet The Cardinal.
When I was in the waiting line before meeting him, I was very calm, but in the moment I entered into the room, I was unable to look at his eyes, I shaked his hand and said with a tremulous voice "Hey, nice to meet you", he told me "we have met before, right?" And I said no, that it was my first time.

There were a few things I wanted to tell him, like telling him how much their band has grown into me in only a year, or congratulating him for their last album, but I wasn't able to tell him what i wanted, It's like I forgot the English language (English is not my mother tongue as you can see, but I have no problem speaking it) because how nervous I was, the things I said wouldn't make a lot of sense.

I told him "hey, i hope you get the facepaint very soon" and he said "oh i hope so, you know, its a very long process and you got to wait etc" and I said "i see" and "thank you" like 3 times, don't even know why.
At the same moment we were having this conversation, I was walking backwards, like I was unconsciouslly doing this because I didn't want to bother him or waste his time. He told me to enjoy the show and I answered "thank you" like 3 times again...
I just really hope Tobias is used to these kind of situations and just assumed I was very nervous instead of thinking I am very stupid lol

I left the room smiling like an idiot, and I kept smiling till the end of the concert, I just couldn't change my face expression. I couldn't believe this just happened.

I am a very quiet person at concerts but this time, I couldn't stop moving, singing nor smiling.

They played for almost 3 hours, and they were very very friendly and kind with their crowd, The Cardinal wouldn't shut up nor standing still in any moment, he was constantly talking and playing with the crowd, saying a lot of stupid and funny shit. Same for the Ghouls, very playful and energetic.

They also had an amazing scenography, the use of lights, the imagery, the whole enviroment... very cinematic and artistic, and that's something I always pay attention to.
I mean, who does that? It's amazing how much passion and effort is in what this band produces.

I will say again, I kept smiling like an idiot till the end of the concert. I know I look younger than I am (I'm 26) but I have been in many concerts, and, this has nothing to do with Gn'R. I mean, when I saw Gn'R in 2016, they played for 3 hours and that's it. They don't really interact with the crowd, but look at Ghost... seriously, it's very enjoyable to be a fan of this band, they not only release music, they do fucking amazing concerts.
One of the best experiences of my life.

Edited by Uncle Bob
  • Like 4

On February 13, 2019 at 4:25 PM, Silent Jay said:

Dance Macabre hits #1 on Billboard's Mainstream Rock charts.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-mainstream-rock-tracks

This is the first time Ive listened to a Ghost song. I feel fairly aware of the image. This isnt what I was expecting of their music. Its a fun song that Id swear was written by Max Martin. I also figured the guitars would be more 'metal' and not as tube-sounding. Guitars are a bit classic. 

1 minute ago, soon said:

This is the first time Ive listened to a Ghost song. I feel fairly aware of the image. This isnt what I was expecting of their music. Its a fun song that Id swear was written by Max Martin. I also figured the guitars would be more 'metal' and not as tube-sounding. Guitars are a bit classic. 

They have a lot of different styles in their songs, you should listen to the mix of sounds they do have in "Ritual" or "Con Clavi Con Dio"  for example

Con Clavi Con Dio is amazing live tho

10 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

They have a lot of different styles in their songs, you should listen to the mix of sounds they do have in "Ritual" or "Con Clavi Con Dio"  for example

Con Clavi Con Dio is amazing live tho

Yes, that is what I was expecting. Thanks!

I like both of these tunes. Gonna check out the other one. I like that approach to guitar solos in these two tracks, with lots of melody favoured over flash, but the flashy licks can still be pulled out when needed.

8 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

x3fmvn.jpg

I was able to meet The Cardinal.
When I was in the waiting line before meeting him, I was very calm, but in the moment I entered into the room, I was unable to look at his eyes, I shaked his hand and said with a tremulous voice "Hey, nice to meet you", he told me "we have met before, right?" And I said no, that it was my first time.

There were a few things I wanted to tell him, like telling him how much their band has grown into me in only a year, or congratulating him for their last album, but I wasn't able to tell him what i wanted, It's like I forgot the English language (English is not my mother tongue as you can see, but I have no problem speaking it) because how nervous I was, the things I said wouldn't make a lot of sense.

I told him "hey, i hope you get the facepaint very soon" and he said "oh i hope so, you know, its a very long process and you got to wait etc" and I said "i see" and "thank you" like 3 times, don't even know why.
At the same moment we were having this conversation, I was walking backwards, like I was unconsciouslly doing this because I didn't want to bother him or waste his time. He told me to enjoy the show and I answered "thank you" like 3 times again...
I just really hope Tobias is used to these kind of situations and just assumed I was very nervous instead of thinking I am very stupid lol

I left the room smiling like an idiot, and I kept smiling till the end of the concert, I just couldn't change my face expression. I couldn't believe this just happened.

I am a very quiet person at concerts but this time, I couldn't stop moving, singing nor smiling.

They played for almost 3 hours, and they were very very friendly and kind with their crowd, The Cardinal wouldn't shut up nor standing still in any moment, he was constantly talking and playing with the crowd, saying a lot of stupid and funny shit. Same for the Ghouls, very playful and energetic.

They also had an amazing scenography, the use of lights, the imagery, the whole enviroment... very cinematic and artistic, and that's something I always pay attention to.
I mean, who does that? It's amazing how much passion and effort is in what this band produces.

I will say again, I kept smiling like an idiot till the end of the concert. I know I look younger than I am (I'm 26) but I have been in many concerts, and, this has nothing to do with Gn'R. I mean, when I saw Gn'R in 2016, they played for 3 hours and that's it. They don't really interact with the crowd, but look at Ghost... seriously, it's very enjoyable to be a fan of this band, they not only release music, they do fucking amazing concerts.
One of the best experiences of my life.

Well, so awesome for you! Amazing picture too. I'm so jealous! Glad the Cardinal was so cool to you!

I get nervous meeting people I love too. My mom usually just has conversations with them and it's all cool. She's not afraid to meet people and talking to them. She says it's one of the perks of being older. You just say what's on your mind.

Glad you had a blast meeting Tobias and seeing the Ghost show.

Ive been listening to Dance Macabre a lot in the last few days. Its great!

I love, love, love, the production nod to Billie Idols White Wedding in the second verse - the treatment on the vocals in the second line. Very honest. Genius! Similarly it seems to be a study in old and new Metallica with not only the harmonic intervals of the guitar riff, but the riff itself brings to my mind both the one riff in Fade to Blacks heavy section and also when Metallica revisted the general conceit of that riff with a modern take on Memory Remains verse riff. Love it.

And in the video the ghoul who answers the door is so classic. I recognize the trope from Return of the Jedi when Luke arrives to Jabbas palace, where they vamp on it but with the Force at the centre of the flip on reality. But its so much more classic here, especially alongside the Sirens.

All these things, along with the Max Martin structure and "be wit chue" its all kinda deconstructing things just to reconstruct it in the original form, but new.

And I love my 80's nostalgia to include biting commentary on Raeganomics. The Plague masks presiding over indulgence, the workout sirens, wealth-as-deception and "the people" as meat. Tasty and truly creepy stuff! And of course the loose reference to Horror Rules at the start, complete with the naive dude being a victim.

And I'll shut up now but the creepiest part to me in the vid is that the woman he dances with looks so close to the MOMO Challenge monster. Nice touch!

Is this his official origin story now, or did he already have one?

Edited by soon

Fun gig in Brisbane last night. Absolutely tiny venue, they had none of the stage set at all except for the front-of-stage risers, so it was very intimate. They did end up doing a shortened set which was a bit shit, but I’m not sure how well the full show would’ve worked without the stage set. Super rowdy too, not at all what I expected. Even my girlfriend said it was maybe the roughest show she’s ever been to in Australia. 

Setlist they did did last night:

Ashes

Rats

Absolution

Ritual

From The Pinnacle To The Pit

Faith

Devil Church

Cirice

Miasma

Year Zero

He Is

Mummy Dust

If You Have Ghosts

Dance Macabre

Square Hammer

Monstrance Clock

Looking forward to the Sydney and Melbourne gigs over the weekend, it’ll be good to see the full production again at the festivals. 

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Looks like the set Ghost did in Dallas. I don't know why they aren't doing more songs from the new cd?

Anyway, glad you had fun! Ghost does an amazing concert!

Because when they have to play an abridge set, something needs to get cut. Life Eternal and Pro Memoria wouldn’t have worked in a venue like they played the other night, though Witch Image would’ve gone over well I think. But they really focused on playing a high energy set as opposed to a dynamic set for that gig. 

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:31 PM, Powerage5 said:

Because when they have to play an abridge set, something needs to get cut. Life Eternal and Pro Memoria wouldn’t have worked in a venue like they played the other night, though Witch Image would’ve gone over well I think. But they really focused on playing a high energy set as opposed to a dynamic set for that gig. 

Okay, well the show we saw in Dallas was part of a Freaker's Ball concert, so even though Ghost headlined they couldn't do their full 2 hour set. I love all the songs on Prequelle and would have loved to hear Life Eternal and other songs too.

Maybe when Ghost comes back to Dallas, they will have their own full show.

Great show in Sydney last night. They headlined the second stage, and probably had about 10,000 people turn out for their set - quite good numbers considering they were on at the same time as Slayer. Full production looked good on a festival, and they had all the pyro from the arena shows which was a nice surprise.