Ghost

axlslash

• 1 month later...

SO EXCITED for the new record. From The Pinacle and Circe are both great tracks, and I love the new looks for both Papa and the Ghoul masks. Looking forward to a big 2nd half of the year from these guys.

Also, good news, they are not Ghost BC anymore!

http://loudwire.com/ghost-no-longer-obligated-to-use-b-c-in-name/

SO EXCITED for the new record. From The Pinacle and Circe are both great tracks, and I love the new looks for both Papa and the Ghoul masks. Looking forward to a big 2nd half of the year from these guys.

thats awesome i hated the BC part of the name it just sounded odd.

• Like 1

thats awesome i hated the BC part of the name it just sounded odd.

Yeah, that happens frequently. There was a European metal band I was really into in highschool called Dyecrest. Their real name was Dyecast, but when they wanted to start selling records in the states, there was some other band already called Diecast, and the label made them change it. Fuckin' stupid rule, but I guess I get it. There's a similar rule in Hollywood with actors' names, but that's part of the union contract and not just scared lawyers.

In any case, glad we'll get the logo in all its unglory without that little postscript this time around.

• 2 weeks later...

This album is shaping up to blow the first two away. Pinnacle and Absolution are just fucking killer. I can't wait for the rest!

I know their first time around they did a fair number of in-store appearances as promotion. Any word on whether they'll do any this time around? I know I can't make the show in my area, but I'd love to get a copy of the record signed if they do one near me.

I don't know if they'll be doing in-stores or not, but I had to share this little anecdote about them thinking of that. I didn't actually meet any of them, but last year at Sonisphere Knebworth I was hanging out with Anthrax backstage. We were in the artist area, and Ghost were coming back from the main stage for their set. It was so funny to watch - they all walk in formation, surrounding Papa, and they even walk in step with one another. If anyone said anything to them (I'm guessing something like "nice set" or whatever, since I was watching it from the other side of the area), they would just put their hands together and nod, while still walking.

I just think it's so fucking awesome they go so far with their stage gimmick.

• Like 2

I don't know if they'll be doing in-stores or not, but I had to share this little anecdote about them thinking of that. I didn't actually meet any of them, but last year at Sonisphere Knebworth I was hanging out with Anthrax backstage. We were in the artist area, and Ghost were coming back from the main stage for their set. It was so funny to watch - they all walk in formation, surrounding Papa, and they even walk in step with one another. If anyone said anything to them (I'm guessing something like "nice set" or whatever, since I was watching it from the other side of the area), they would just put their hands together and nod, while still walking.

I just think it's so fucking awesome they go so far with their stage gimmick.

Their gimmick is hysterical. I love that they stick with it, even though we know who Papa is (and that he's probably the Nameless Ghoul that does the interviews) and know that it's all an act. The interviews and public interactions that we see from the band are all amazing. But most importantly, that they're good enough to pull it off. A shitty band putting on this spectacle would never get anywhere, but these guys are so good that it's no big deal.

• Like 1

The Clergy just posted this on Facebook. So pissed they won't be in my city!!!!

We wish to inform you that there has been a new Summoning for the Unholy / Unplugged Tour that will take place across select record stores next week in North America.

Tues, 8/18 @ Silver Platters (SoDo Location) | Seattle, WA - 7pm
Thurs, 8/20 @ Amoeba Records | Los Angeles, CA - 6pm
Fri, 8/21 @ ZIA (Camelback Location) | Phoenix, AZ - 7pm
Sat, 8/22 @ Sound Garden | Baltimore, MD - 2pm
Sun, 8/23 @ Rough Trade | Brooklyn, NY - 2pm

Album leaked :)

Pre order here:

http://kingsroadmerch.com/ghost/?id=2087

Spirit sounds like a psychedelic, 70s rock-organ song. It's all right, probably a grower as well with Deus In Absentia. Or heavy song like Mummy Dust, Tobias sings it in a lower register.

The best track might be He Is, beautiful ballad, amazing chorus. As you know, Absolution, Pinnacle and Majesty feel like instant classics. I'm in love with the guitar solo and the riffs of Cirice.

Spoksonat and Devil Chruch are like one minute instrumentals, pretty meh.

An eight songs album, goosebumps all over, no fillers. A classic of mine.

Edited by Silent Jay

Album leaked :)

Pre order here:

http://kingsroadmerch.com/ghost/?id=2087

Spirit sounds like a psychedelic, 70s rock-organ song. It's all right, probably a grower as well with Deus In Absentia. Or heavy song like Mummy Dust, Tobias sings it in a lower register.

The best track might be He Is, beautiful ballad, amazing chorus. As you know, Absolution, Pinnacle and Majesty feel like instant classics. I'm in love with the guitar solo and the riffs of Cirice.

Spoksonat and Devil Chruch are like one minute instrumentals, pretty meh.

An eight songs album, goosebumps all over, no fillers. A classic of mine.

Spöksonat means Ghost Sonata in Swedish so I expected it to be some instrumental little diddy. :P

Contemplating wether to download it or not. Might as well wait but at the same time, why wait? :D

Edited by CheapJon

Fuck, I hate when an album I can't wait for leaks, I don't want to download it but I want to hear it so badly...

Glad to see fans giving it the same rave reviews that the metal press has so far. I get cynical when the press goes gaga over stuff, but if fans dig on it too....fuck I can't wait!

Just finished my first full listen, of which there shall be several more over the course of the week. Initial take-away: holy shit. This band was already amazing for the first 2 albums and the EP; this is just on another level. The flow and atmosphere feels much more cohesive, and the songs are much stronger and more consistent. Majesty still gets the top spot for me, with Spirit and CIrce not far behind. A great effort by Papa and Co.