Ghost

axlslash

The third Australian gig in Melbourne was a fun one. Another festival, and Ghost played the same slot but on the tent stage, which was a pretty cool atmosphere. Apparently not as big a crowd as Sydney, but still a good turnout from what I’ve heard. The Cardinal has some good, unique banter at this one. At the end the crowd was chanting for another song and he said something like “We would love to stay and play another song for you. But we’ve been told we have a strict curfew, so you all need to fuck off right now!”. Also at the end he said (I’m paraphrasing slightly) “We hope to see you again soon, in about a year’s time”. Sounds like anyone who met Tobias during the Aussie tour said he hated being stuck on the festivals, so hopefully if they do go back down to Oz in 2020 it’ll be a headlining tour. I feel really bad for the Aussie Ghost fans, because as much fun as every gig was, they all got a bit screwed in one way or another, be it the condensed show in Brisbane (When it was indeed advertised as being the full show), or the clash with Slayer at the festivals which had a lot of people upset (Myself included). 

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:45 PM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

This is old news, but the fact that Ghost didn't get the Grammy for 'Prequelle' is absolute bullshit

I totally agree with you. I'm surprised the Grammy's gave Ghost a grammy last year. Most of those people don't know any other artists except the pop ones.

The real rock and metal bands get no respect at all.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:18 PM, Powerage5 said:

The third Australian gig in Melbourne was a fun one. Another festival, and Ghost played the same slot but on the tent stage, which was a pretty cool atmosphere. Apparently not as big a crowd as Sydney, but still a good turnout from what I’ve heard. The Cardinal has some good, unique banter at this one. At the end the crowd was chanting for another song and he said something like “We would love to stay and play another song for you. But we’ve been told we have a strict curfew, so you all need to fuck off right now!”. Also at the end he said (I’m paraphrasing slightly) “We hope to see you again soon, in about a year’s time”. Sounds like anyone who met Tobias during the Aussie tour said he hated being stuck on the festivals, so hopefully if they do go back down to Oz in 2020 it’ll be a headlining tour. I feel really bad for the Aussie Ghost fans, because as much fun as every gig was, they all got a bit screwed in one way or another, be it the condensed show in Brisbane (When it was indeed advertised as being the full show), or the clash with Slayer at the festivals which had a lot of people upset (Myself included). 

At the Dallas show, Cardinal said goodnight and then left the stage. People were chanting for Ghost to play more. Cardinal comes out and says "the show is over, go home" lol But Ghost came on to do an encore and finish with Monstrose clock as usual.

Sometimes it's hard to hear when the Cardinal speaks and he usually laughs at his own jokes. lol

At the end of the Dallas show their was a young girl in the front and the Cardinal took her hand and was speaking to her. I thought the jesture was very sweet and felt he was telling her things to help her out. I just felt like he was sincere in what he was saying to her and thought it was very sweet

• 2 weeks later...

This got posted on social media and the website with no context, looks like another US tour to me.

image_title.jpg

I see Seattle, San Antonio, Portland (OR), Bakersfield, Reno, Denver? (Rockies), New York, Trenton, Hershey, Minneapolis, and Portland (ME). Gotta be some others I'm not recognizing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

This got posted on social media and the website with no context, looks like another US tour to me.

image_title.jpg

I see Seattle, San Antonio, Portland (OR), Bakersfield, Reno, Denver? (Rockies), New York, Trenton, Hershey, Minneapolis, and Portland (ME). Gotta be some others I'm not recognizing. 

I really hope they hit Seattle or Vancouver on this upcoming tour since I'd love to see them

4 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Really hope I can catch them this time. I was in Hawaii in December so missed the Philly show then. If they are coming to Hershey then I'll be there for sure unless it overlaps with something else I have planned.

But Ghost is better than anything else you have planned :mellow: 

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:05 AM, Powerage5 said:

image_title.jpg

Damn wish they could would come to Dallas. Our show was too short the first time around. San Antonio is too far to drive.

3 hours ago, The Dissident said:

Upon inspection Vancouver is in there as well, the circular building beside Seattle

Cool, was wondering what that was. 

The red thing in front of Washington Square Park is apparently in Hartford, and a few people think it's Niagara Falls behind the East Coast - the more I look at it, the more I think that's right. So tack those on too.

Trying to figure out the rest. Looking at the full resolution, it looks like the Frost Bank Tower in Austin might  be just to the right of San Antonio, but I might be grasping at straws. I've seen a suggestion that the skyline above the Cardinal's right shoulder is Chicago - I kind of see it, but I'm not totally sold on that. The river I have no idea, too hard to make out the shoreline - maybe it's not a specific hint but just the Mississippi, splitting the east and west of the artwork? 

15 minutes ago, The Dissident said:

It is called Science World, it was made for a Worlds Fair years ago and is right next to the main arena, stadium and theater used for concerts in Vancouver. I personally hope for a theater show since it is the best of the 3 venues

Just saw on FB that South Okanagan Events Centre in Penticton posted a teaser that Ghost would be there on September 21...could that be the considered the Vancouver date?

The new tour will apparently be called the Ultimate Tour Named Death. List of dates we have so far:
9/13 - Rabobank Arena, Bakersfield, CA
9/14 - Reno Events Center, Reno, NV
9/16 - Theater of the Clouds at Moda Center, Portland, OR
9/17 - Toyota Center, Kennewick, WA
9/19 - WAMU Theater, Seattle, WA
9/20 - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, BC
9/21 - South Okanagan Events Centre, Penticton, BC
9/24 - Stampede Corral, Calgary, AB
9/26 - Spokane Arena, Spokane, WA
9/27 - Taco Bell Arena, Boise, ID
9/28 - Maverik Center, West Valley City, UT
9/30 - Budweiser Events Center, Loveland, CO
10/1 - Broadmoor World Arena, Colorado Springs, CO
10/3 - Danny Sanford Premier Center, Sioux Falls, SD
10/4 - Scheels Arena, Fargo, ND
10/5 - Armory, Minneapolis, MN
10/7 - Resch Center, Green Bay, WI
10/19 - Cross Insurance Arena, Portland, ME
10/21 - DCU Center, Worcester, MA
10/22 - Oncenter War Memorial Arena, Syracuse, NY
10/24 - Giant Center, Hershey, PA
10/25 - Cure Insurance Arena, Trenton, NJ

36 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Artist pre-sale tomorrow. Can't seem to find a password anywhere.

Wonder how much GA tickets will be.

Brooklyn in December was about $65 I think. So I'd assume these are the same, or less in the smaller markets maybe. 

Well no Dallas date and doesn't seem to be any Texas dates. Guess Ghost did Texas last time and doesn't want to repeat themselves.

I commend them for trying to play some cities that no one ever tours. Gives more fans a chance to see them.

I'm sure they will sell out. Ghost is very popular here in the US. Good for them.

5 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Got my Hershey ticket. $75 after fees and shipping for GA. 

Got mine too, as well as Portland and Syracuse. Changed my mind on Trenton, gonna do Glens Falls instead, gonna get that one when the general sale starts. 

• Like 1