Ghost

axlslash

• 3 months later...
On 10/1/2021 at 6:25 PM, Powerage5 said:

The song is...okay. It sounds like it belongs on a movie soundtrack, and it's a bit all over the place musically. 

"Hunter's Moon" is played at the end of Halloween Kills. Papa wrote the song for the movie.

I do like the new song " Call Little Miss Sunshine" the video is cool too.

Can't wait to see GHOST in February in Dallas.

GHOST was supposed to perform on Jimmy Kimmel, but due to the tour, they postponed it for another time.

Jimmy has had GHOST on before. 

Anyway, new album, Impera is being released on March 11. You can pre-order it now on the GHOST site and amazon.com

sorry it's Call me Little Sunshine. lol

I'm so bad with names of shit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

MTV's awesome video channel has had a mini GHOST concert. Very cool. Papa is awesome but that band is super good. Such talented musicians. Not sure if they are the same ones he's had for a few years? He seems to change Papas and band members.

Anyway, check it out. Good little concert.

All of the musicians (except for Tobias Forge) changed after Meliora.  Not sure if they changed again after that, though.

Impera really just hasn't resonated with me at all. Too much of the album felt formulaic to me - It's got the short intro instrumental, a bombastic proper opening track, a catchy rocker up next, a big epic track next, etc...all wrapping up with an orchestral-esque closing track. It didn't feel like it took any risks to me. The whole of the middle of the album just plods along to me, and Twenties is hilariously bad IMO. Spillways is the best song on the album for me. 

I bounce back and forth between it being my least favorite Ghost album, and being slightly ahead of Infestissumum. There's a few great songs on that one, but as a whole album it never sat well with me. Regardless, both sit far below Prequelle, Meliora, and Opus Eponymous on my rankings. 

7 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Impera really just hasn't resonated with me at all. Too much of the album felt formulaic to me - It's got the short intro instrumental, a bombastic proper opening track, a catchy rocker up next, a big epic track next, etc...all wrapping up with an orchestral-esque closing track. It didn't feel like it took any risks to me. The whole of the middle of the album just plods along to me, and Twenties is hilariously bad IMO. Spillways is the best song on the album for me. 

I bounce back and forth between it being my least favorite Ghost album, and being slightly ahead of Infestissumum. There's a few great songs on that one, but as a whole album it never sat well with me. Regardless, both sit far below Prequelle, Meliora, and Opus Eponymous on my rankings. 

I really liked it. Thought it was a departure sound-wise on the whole satan theme and sound to a more prog-oriented retro vibe. The only song I really don’t like is Twenties, wihich is, IMO, Ghost’s worst song ever, probably. But the rest is really up my alley. Especially Watcher in the Sky, what a song. After quite a few listens, this is how it ranks with me:

1- Meliora

2- Opus Eponymous

3- Impera

4- Prequelle

5- Infestissumam

• 8 months later...

Not a huge fan of the song itself. Kinda average. 6/10 maybe? Gotta listen to it a bit more. But that's a hell of a music video. I love it when Ghost goes extra blasphemous.

EDIT: Didn't know it was an all-covers EP and didn't know this was a cover. Makes it a lot better. 

Edited by Cosmo

37 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Not a huge fan of the song itself. Kinda average. 6/10 maybe? Gotta listen to it a bit more. But that's a hell of a music video. I love it when Ghost goes extra blasphemous.

EDIT: Didn't know it was an all-covers EP and didn't know this was a cover. Makes it a lot better. 

You didn't know it was a Genesis song? Damn

• 1 month later...

I'm very...split over it. It's not bad by any stretch, and it's very faithful to the original. But it also feels a bit sterile, it lacks a lot of the raw energy of the original. Tobias' vocals feel a little subdued to me, and they're just a little too buried in the mix for my liking. I do however like the change in the perspective of the lyrics, I think that's really fitting for Ghost.

I don't hate it. But it's one of my favorite bands covering my favorite song by my favorite band, and I'd have hoped for more from it. 

Ghost fans really are a special breed sometimes. Some of the comments I’ve seen on Reddit over the last few days…wow.

One user found the Phantomime LP for sale a few days early…and refused to buy it because they wanted to “experience it on release day the way Papa intended”. Now I’m all for not listening to leaks if you so choose, but if you have a chance to buy the music, legally, and listen to it early…what? :lol:

The other fantastic one was “I hate Iron Maiden. But if Ghost could cover every single Iron Maiden song, I could finally call myself an Iron Maiden fan”

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Ghost fans really are a special breed sometimes. Some of the comments I’ve seen on Reddit over the last few days…wow.

One user found the Phantomime LP for sale a few days early…and refused to buy it because they wanted to “experience it on release day the way Papa intended”. Now I’m all for not listening to leaks if you so choose, but if you have a chance to buy the music, legally, and listen to it early…what? :lol:

The other fantastic one was “I hate Iron Maiden. But if Ghost could cover every single Iron Maiden song, I could finally call myself an Iron Maiden fan”

Ghost fans can be really cringey. They remind me a lot of fans of teenage bands like Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold and Linkin Park 😂

• GNFNR 1