Ghost

axlslash

The first acoustic show is up, in all of its pro-shot gory. HOLY SHIT. Papa has a baller-ass outfit, and they sound tight as all get-out acoustic. SO FUCKING PISSED THEY WON'T BE DOING ONE OF THESE NEAR ME!

This laid back style is just what I was referring to in the other post. Papa cracking jokes. While introducing Ghuleh/Zombie Queen, a song from the former album/pope he says "I remember this song... , No I don't I was never there, fuck that.. I've been told.... etc." 6.35 in the clip. Don't know if he did that on purpose to make fun of the changing Papa concept or if it just slipped out when he wasn't thinking.

Dude, they're the same guy under different personas

Really? That is so cool!

Why make like it's someone else?

Dude, they're the same guy under different personas

This.

All of the Papas are Tobias Forge in a mask. Ghost is his best band, but he's just great.

Okay good to know because this guy's voice is freakin amazing!

Isn't that makeup that he wears and the ghouls wear the makes? Because the band is wearing new devil masks this time around.

He's wearing a mask under the makeup. Nothing as elaborate as the ghouls, just a latex old man mask so that you can't just match up his face through the makeup. He may witch up the mask when he "changes" identities, too, don't know. Here's a video with him just in the mask (as Papa II), without the makeup:

The change from album to album is just part of the schtick. Gives them an excuse to change looks, keep things exciting, and not let the gimmick get stale. No big important reason, it's just part of the performance art piece that is Ghost.

And for the record, most of the speculation is that the Nameless Ghoul who does all of their publicity is also the dude who plays Papa. Not confirmed, but people are pretty sure.

Cool the mask and makeup is awesome! Yeah, my son knew it was the same singer. I was like thanks for letting me know! lol Anyway, so excited to see Ghost in two weeks. I was at a Frightmare convention a few years ago when we met Corey Taylor from Slipknot. They had a panel for Fear Clinic. Unfortunately it ran long and Ghost made an appearance. People told us they came through with security went to Linda Hamilton from Terminator hugged her and took pictures. Not sure if she knew who the hell they were. Anyway, we missed them walking through the convention. They also had a Dallas show that night. I just thought it was cool that they actually came to the convention and took some pictures with fans. But they actually came through pretty fast. I'm sorry I missed them.

Can't wait to see them. Two more weeks.

Yeah, I figured the singer was supposed to be like the Pope. I saw one video that had nuns in it. don't like nuns. Went to Catholic school and most of the nuns were bitches. I always wanted to go back when I became an adult to confront them, but I never did. If they all went to Heaven, that sucks because some of them didn't deserve it.

I love the music I just hope they don't go crazy on the Satan stuff and put down Jesus. I don't like that.

They don't criticize christianity per se, they do the satanist stuff to shock and to question society... They aren't really satanists. I saw an interview in which a nameless ghoul said something that I completely agree:

"In the twenty first century, why does a song not get played on the radio for saying that word "satan", which does not have any real proof of his existence, does not mean a concrete thing, does not reflect upon real happenings in history and everyday life, but a song which incites violence, guns, superficialsm and hate does not? Why does society get still get more instigated by the word satan than by the word kill?"

Really, makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?

Edited by Cosmo

They don't criticize christianity per se, they do the satanist stuff to shock and to question society... They aren't really satanists. I saw an interview in which a nameless ghoul said something that I completely agree:

"In the twenty first century, why does a song not get played on the radio for saying that word "satan", which does not have any real proof of his existence, does not mean a concrete thing, does not reflect upon real happenings in history and everyday life, but a song which incites violence, guns, superficialsm and hate does not? Why does society get still get more instigated by the word satan than by the word kill?"

Yeah, it's funny because how many wars are fought in the name of God. No one says I'm doing this for Satan.

As long as they don't sacrifice little animals, I'm good. Besides, religion always says there has to be good and evil. So there's a God and a Satan. If you believe the bible, Satan was a fallen angel. I've also read how he questioned why God made man human and had to die? According to some books I've read, Satan loved man and thought he should be immortal.

whatever the story is, I love the new Ghost cd and I'm going to love this show. I grew up seeing David Bowie and all his amazing stage shows. I love when bands do more than just play. You have to entertain too.

Whatever their religion it has nothing to do with me and my beliefs. I can't wait to see the Dallas fans. I hope some of the fans dress up, Since Halloween is a few weeks away it would be fun to have a few Papas in the crowd.

Yeah, it's funny because how many wars are fought in the name of God. No one says I'm doing this for Satan.

As long as they don't sacrifice little animals, I'm good. Besides, religion always says there has to be good and evil. So there's a God and a Satan. If you believe the bible, Satan was a fallen angel. I've also read how he questioned why God made man human and had to die? According to some books I've read, Satan loved man and thought he should be immortal.

whatever the story is, I love the new Ghost cd and I'm going to love this show. I grew up seeing David Bowie and all his amazing stage shows. I love when bands do more than just play. You have to entertain too.

Whatever their religion it has nothing to do with me and my beliefs. I can't wait to see the Dallas fans. I hope some of the fans dress up, Since Halloween is a few weeks away it would be fun to have a few Papas in the crowd.

Ghost are a performance art piece. They are mocking the people who assume that hard rock means devil worship. Instead of trying to say "no that's not it at all," they say fuck it, yeah our music is devil worship, deal with it. They use that to make amazing social commentaries on society, the music industry, religion, etc., and do it all without actually expressly badmouthing anyone. They're a really, really smart group of guys.

Saw this interview recently and loved it (I believe this "Nameless Ghoul" is actually Papa, btw):

http://littlepunkpeople.net/2015/09/30/elliott-interviews-a-nameless-ghoul-of-ghost-on-their-tour-van/

Tonight is the Ghost concert in the House of Blues in Dallas.

I'm so excited. I can't wait to see them live! Also can't wait to see if any fans dress up for the show. I love people watching at concerts. It's definitely part of the experience.

How was it? I'm kinda in the same boat with Ghost, not usually my thing but I dig em. They look like they're built to put on great shows.

Ghost was awesome! They performed so many new songs off the new cd and sounded great.

Papa came out in full hat, makeup and gown. Half way through he took off the hat and gown and wore a white shirt and jacket with the Ghost emblem on it.

Papa talked a lot during the show but I was in the Pit and it was hard to understand what he was saying, but other people were laughing.

The band is just amazing. Everyone of the ghouls got their moment to shine and Papa sounded just amazing.

The band comes on around 10:30 and plays until after midnight.

This was one of the best shows I've seen.

I never saw so many Ghost shirts at one show except for A7X. No one except one kid around 11 had his face painted, but you could tell everyone was having a blast.

There was tons of merch, shirts and posters to choose from. There was even an album signed by the band for $100 and someone bought it. I got a shirt and so did my kids. My son also got a poster.

I'm so glad I decided to go to this show. The venue was House of Blues and the sound is always great there. Security is good too. No one got out of hand, but everyone had a good time.

It was awesome to see so many fans come out and support this band. Very professional and I think Papa has one of the best voices around today. They even performed a slow acoustic song and that's when you can tell how talented these guys are!

I recommend anyone who loves their music to see them live. Yeah, they dress up, but the talent was shining through all night long.

• Like 3

On Friday, October 30th, his last show before Halloween, The Rev. Dr. Stephen T. Colbert, Esq., will be visited by our Unholy Father and his nameless ghouls. Boy oh boy I cannot wait.

12088005_1064615993557196_59536347458761

How freakin awesome is this? I was hoping Jimmy Kimmel would have them perform, but GHOST on any tv show is fantastic! I can't wait to see them and dvr it.

I just love this band. And in the Ed Sullivan theatre where the Beatles performed over 60 years ago. That has to be a big deal to Ghost. I'm so happy for them! A great way to finish their tour and go back home to Sweden.

• Like 1

ghost is on the fast track to becoming one of the biggest rock bands in the world.

As they damn well should be. They have the best parts of KISS and Alice Cooper's charisma and stage gimmicks, they have a fun "backstory," the music is catchy as all hell, and they're a group of super smart dudes who know how to work the public. Add all that in to the shock factor of being "satan's clergy" and you've got the makings of a serious career takeoff. I expect that Colbert will introduce them to a whole new, broad audience of people who have never heard of them before, they'll grab people's attention, and I would expect them to either headline a major festival next summer or start touring arenas in the states very soon.

Shit, now I'm really pissed that I missed this tour, starting to feel like it might have been my last chance to see them in clubs (until Papa gets fat and old, replaces all of the Ghouls with hired guns, does several failed arena tours, then decides to go Up Close And Personal :P)

We don't really know if the Ghouls are the same from tour to tour, do we? We do know Dave Grohl played drums on a couple of gigs as a ghoul and no one noticed so... No one would've noticed if another Ghoul changed, probably...

I've seen speculation that Ghost is just one of Papa's bands. Not sure any of it is confirmed, and we obviously can't know that it's always the same dudes, but that's what I've heard.

Sidebar: this is one of the best sonic performances I have ever heard from them.

Wow! Dave Grohl. Damn that must have been awesome. I honestly didn't look at the Ghouls that much except when they played their solos. The drummer was in the back and I did watch him, but honestly I don't know who was behind that mask.

Awesome that Ghost is also getting the attention of other musicians.

My theory is Ghost is kinda like the Gorillaz, y'know... In the end Papa (Not gonna say his probable real name here) is like Damon Albarn...

That seems likely, albeit to a lesser extent. I think He Who Shall Not Be Named is the guy behind most of it,and I expect that there is a good chance that at least a couple guys have come and gone over the years. But I do think that, at it's core, its almost all the same guys up there. Ghost, at it's genesis, was a reboot of one of Papa's pre-Ghost bands, and I do think it started as that same band in the outfits doing Satan songs instead of your normal type of music. A person here or there may have swapped out, but I don't think it's too much of a revolving door.