Megadeth's Full Set From Black Sabbath Tour Kick Off Posted Online

Raz0r

Saw them open for Dio Sabbath a few years ago. That was about the right length for their set, 45/50 mins. They played with a lot of energy. Any longer set I've seen of them, kind of suffers from either, all starting to sound the same, Dave's voice not holding out, or them just not having that many great songs.

I remember the band being pretty much the musician's metal band, back when Friedman and Menza were in it. But once they went all mainstream pop, they lost a lot of people. Dave's dead arm came at just the right time, that comeback album System Has Failed, bought them a few more years.

But my god, Dave's voice now?!?

Did you watch the video linked in the original post? He sounds great there. It's true that he sounded like shit some time ago. That's actually the reason why I skipped their show last year. And I guess Dave was quite aware of the quality of his vocals. Prior to recording 'Super Collider', he decided to take care of his voice and it worked surprisingly great for him. Given the chance, I'll go to the show without a second thought now.

To those who say that he's a cock, a dick or whatever, watch the end of the linked show. Now that's how you treat your fans unlike some others who think it's cool to blow your fucking nose in your sweaty towel and throw it to the pit... Thank god they don't wipe their asses with it. And Dave's always been nothing but great to his fans. That's the only thing that matters to me. What he says about his peers, politics, etc., is his business. Whether he choses to share his thoughts during the gigs... Well, it's his show. Besides, it's hard to keep moshing, singing and headbanging without a break. :D

I don't know whether Megadeth is a great live band or a bad one, but the moment Dave hits the stage I just go to another dimension. But I'm a fan, you know. Metallica fans would probably say they don't mind Ulrich's snot.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Did you watch the video linked in the original post? He sounds great there. It's true that he sounded like shit some time ago. That's actually the reason why I skipped their show last year. And I guess Dave was quite aware of the quality of his vocals...

So he downtuned everything. It's probably bought his live voice a few more years, and should've been done much, much sooner. If you lower the bar, you don't have to hit the notes as high.

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 1

Did you watch the video linked in the original post? He sounds great there. It's true that he sounded like shit some time ago. That's actually the reason why I skipped their show last year. And I guess Dave was quite aware of the quality of his vocals...

So he downtuned everything. It's probably bought his live voice a few more years, and should've been done much, much sooner. If you lower the bar, you don't have to hit the notes as high.

...which is not necessarily a bad thing. He's not Eric Adams anyway.