You don't think Kanye West is the new Axl Rose? (video evidence)

classicguns4life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPzYX2_sW_0

He seems pompous, but he's not wrong. And god damn it if most of what he says doesn't remind me of classic 90s Axl, ranting about whatever the hell he wanted. He even talks like Axl! "You want to antagonize me?" (12 minutes into the Youtube I posted). Hmm, now where have I heard that before?

Just saying, what I find refreshing about Kanye is his ability to speak his mind, without giving a shit, and honestly making a lot of sense when he does it. Its what I always used to love about Axl and I'm happy seeing that spirit in another musician these days.

Edited by classicguns4life

Love him or hate him, it's silly to think Kayne doesn't have talent. I hope arrogance is where the similarities end between both artists. I'd like Kayne to stick around and keep making music.

Gimme examples of Kaney west making music.

Um, try listening to all of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy or Yeezus.

Love him or hate him, it's silly to think Kayne doesn't have talent. I hope arrogance is where the similarities end between both artists. I'd like Kayne to stick around and keep making music.

Gimme examples of Kaney west making music.

Um, try listening to all of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy or Yeezus.

Ok, i listened to My beautiful.. Sorry, but that was really bad. Check this:

written by West, Ernest Wilson, Jeff Bhasker, Mike Dean and Robert Diggs. It features an opening narrative delivered by rapper Nicki Minaj, and singers Teyana Taylor and Justin Vernon contribute to the song's hook and provide background vocals. The track is built around a sample of "In High Places" by Mike Oldfield.

A bunch of pll (obviously well paid) was needed to write this piece of crap over a sample or track of another crappy song. Nothing good can came out of this.

I don't like that kind of music that much, but i give you 3 great tracks if you dig that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ee5YdEOS3E

Edited by Russel Nash

Kanye has already been a productive artist longer than Axl was. His influence in the industry is immense. He is to hip-hop what we wish Axl Rose was to rock music. Comparing them is absurd. Kanye wins on all fronts, except maybe stage presence, which is a dead heat.

• Like 2

Kanye has already been a productive artist longer than Axl was. His influence in the industry is immense. He is to hip-hop what we wish Axl Rose was to rock music. Comparing them is absurd. Kanye wins on all fronts, except maybe stage presence, which is a dead heat.

I been already more productive than Kanye. I take a shit every day for the past 30+ years of my life.

Edited by Russel Nash

It's a completely different genre of music, so of course you're going to have people that dislike his music.

The big difference between Kanye and Axl is that Kanye believes in his greatness and releases a lot of his work. While Axl is always uncertain about everything, not releasing music, not releasing concert films, not etc etc.

It's a completely different genre of music, so of course you're going to have people that dislike his music.

The big difference between Kanye and Axl is that Kanye believes in his greatness and releases a lot of his work. While Axl is always uncertain about everything, not releasing music, not releasing concert films, not etc etc.

Agree with the Axl thing, but he gets a lot more shit by the press/fans if there is no Slash in the music.

I love how people can't distinguish between "I don't like it" and "It's no good." :lol:

I love you, but you actually can dislike a thing that is no good.

Yes, but when critical and commercial success fly in the face of your opinion, it's better to be self-reflective and admit it's just a personal preference.

I love how people can't distinguish between "I don't like it" and "It's no good." :lol:

I love you, but you actually can dislike a thing that is no good.

Yes, but when critical and commercial success fly in the face of your opinion, it's better to be self-reflective and admit it's just a personal preference.

Miley Cirus is the most successful thing right know(and Kanye). I don't live in that world.

Edited by Russel Nash

Those look more like the reviews CD got than the reviews Kanye gets. Critical reception of Kanye is hardly "split." Unless you consider 9 critics praising him to the moon for every 1 obscure blogger who doesn't like him "split."

We can go forever cos all your arguments("facts") are very sloppy. but we get your blind fascination with Kanye. Still we agree that we cant compare Axl with Kanye.

Thank god Kanye is only popular in the empire.

Edited by Russel Nash

In terms of music style, sure you can't compare them. But, in terms of attitude and talent, I think they can be compared.

People can provide facts, "sloppy" or not backing up their opinion, but if the opposing person has their mind set, the facts won't change anything. Just because you think Twisted Fantasy is "really bad" doesn't mean Kanye doesn't have talent (which he does).

I despise Nirvana and personally don't see any appeal towards them, but that doesn't mean Kurt or any of the others aren't talented.