You don't think Kanye West is the new Axl Rose? (video evidence)

classicguns4life

In terms of music style, sure you can't compare them. But, in terms of attitude and talent, I think they can be compared.

People can provide facts, "sloppy" or not backing up their opinion, but if the opposing person has their mind set, the facts won't change anything. Just because you think Twisted Fantasy is "really bad" doesn't mean Kanye doesn't have talent (which he does).

I despise Nirvana and personally don't see any appeal towards them, but that doesn't mean Kurt or any of the others aren't talented.

I see him as a product. And i see him far away for me to get affected with the massive advertising those "celebrities" gets in every possible way.

But is still give him a try if he come up with something good. Something tells me that is a USA thing.

I don't see ppl in Asia making a Kanye themed bar in the near future.

I don't see ppl in Asia making a Kanye themed bar in the near future.

Maybe a shop specializing in sweet & sour sauce. :awesomeface:

I don't think so, but a Bumblefoot spicy restaurant would be more probable. He's touring there and making some good friends.

:43 mark.

Personally, and don't get me wrong, I like him a lot, but I see Eminem as more of a "product" than Kanye. I mean, Kanye isn't the one making songs for the new Call of Duty game and rapping over remixes of 80's songs :lol:

I fully respect your opinion, I just don't see how someone can listen to something like Runaway, Diamonds From Sierra Leone, or Blood on the Leaves and say he has no talent.

Kanye must have talent to have his own threads in the main section of a GNR forum.

To be fair, I don't thin the OPs intention was for this thread to be mainly discussing Kanye :lol:

I like Kanye's persona, his attitude about what he does, but I don't like his music....

As others have said, you can't compare Axl and Kanye musically but as entertainment figures and to some extent how they handle themselves artistically you can compare them. The way Kanye speaks, his mannerisms when explaining himself, is similar to early 90's Axl. His onstage persona has become more comparable to Axl, from the bits and pieces I've seen of his more recent live stuff.

Some people in this thread seem to have missed to point and just want to bash Kanye... :rolleyes:

Edited by RickRoses

"I am Axl Rose; I am Jim Morrison; I am Jimi Hendrix.” - Kanye

"I met Kanye at the Versace awards. He was very gracious. I love “Gold Digger” and told him so. I’m a big fan of his stage performance as he seems to go for it physically which I relate more to. Before our release, I sent him a message that any nonsense from the media had nothing to do with us and wished him the best" - Axl

If Axl called Kanye to produce a GNR song I guarantee Kanye would be asking Axl to contribute vocals on one of his projects, but people have to line that stuff up for them, and it's not like they can call each other up the way things are. Figured they would have said hi in Brooklyn.

To be fair, I don't thin the OPs intention was for this thread to be mainly discussing Kanye :lol:

Pretty sure Axl came before Kanye, therefore any comparisons would revolve around how Kanye is similar to Axl (not the other way around). It's cool though, I can think of others who are even more similar to Axl than Kanye. Good topics to discuss. ;)

"I am Axl Rose; I am Jim Morrison; I am Jimi Hendrix.” - Kanye

"I met Kanye at the Versace awards. He was very gracious. I love “Gold Digger” and told him so. I’m a big fan of his stage performance as he seems to go for it physically which I relate more to. Before our release, I sent him a message that any nonsense from the media had nothing to do with us and wished him the best" - Axl

If Axl called Kanye to produce a GNR song I guarantee Kanye would be asking Axl to contribute vocals on one of his projects, but people have to line that stuff up for them, and it's not like they can call each other up the way things are. Figured they would have said hi in Brooklyn.

I'm going to type my post in a huge font because it's more important than other posts!

(stop shouting)

Edited by username
  • Like 1

Even at Axl's worst, behaviour wise, he was still likeable in a weird way.

Kanye is just a knobhead and overrated. He has talent but it is eclipsed by his insufferable ego.

Likeable in a weird way was the best definition about Axl's behavior ever, hahaha.

I completely disagree. I love Axl, but at his worst I know a lot of people that don't find him likeable. Just look at the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame induction. People didn't have to boo him, yet they did. There is a massive dislike of his behavior, whether justified or not.

You could say Axl is misunderstood, but then he's even more like Kanye because Kanye is probably the most misunderstood pop artist out there right now. And don't laugh when I say Kanye is misunderstood, because people used to laugh when they said that about Axl. As evidenced by the Jimmy Kimmel interview last night, Kanye has valid points, just as Axl does. Its sad that people really can't get past the fact that its different music, because other than that he's extremely like Axl.

it was only a matter of time before comparisons were made... Axl and Kanye have very little in common. the only thing that ties them together is their don't give a fuck attitude. I don't like Kanye's music, it's just not for me but I can say that he is talented, people obviously like it! I prefer Axl on every score, songwriter, lyricist, performer, interviewee. Axls king shit, he's going to go down in history as one of the greatest albeit one of the greatest who threw the majority of it away. Kanye talks the talk but axl walks it (cane and all) if you don't like cameras and paparazzi don't court it! you don't see Axl in the papers every second day! he doesn't like the media and he successfully avoids it.

Kanye is just a knobhead and overrated. He has talent but it is eclipsed by his insufferable ego.

Likeable in a weird way was the best definition about Axl's behavior ever, hahaha.

I completely disagree. I love Axl, but at his worst I know a lot of people that don't find him likeable. Just look at the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame induction. People didn't have to boo him, yet they did. There is a massive dislike of his behavior, whether justified or not.

You could say Axl is misunderstood, but then he's even more like Kanye because Kanye is probably the most misunderstood pop artist out there right now. And don't laugh when I say Kanye is misunderstood, because people used to laugh when they said that about Axl. As evidenced by the Jimmy Kimmel interview last night, Kanye has valid points, just as Axl does. Its sad that people really can't get past the fact that its different music, because other than that he's extremely like Axl.

He made some interesting points in the interview, and there were parts of the interview where he's so full of himself.

I don't think todays Axl is all that comparable with Kanye, he's an irrelevant old man.

I was talking about young Axl when he was on top of the world, like Kanye is now

I don't think todays Axl is all that comparable with Kanye, he's an irrelevant old man.

I was talking about young Axl when he was on top of the world, like Kanye is now

Yeah, I was talking about young Axl too. I'm sorry, but you're in denial if you don't think Axl was a massive dick back then, and people were aware of it then just as they are now.

Listen, the thread wasn't mean to shit on Axl, but if you'd like to bring up the topic of Axl not being a dick I'm going to vehemently disagree. Back in the day, Axl wasn't quite an outward dick in interviews, but on stage and in the press he certainly wasn't seen as normal or level headed. The rants, the constant lateness, the press scuffles (umm... biting a guy's leg?). And at that time people were saying "yeah, but he's just misunderstood. He's not really like that". Sounds VERY familiar to how people describe Kanye. Kanye might be more outward about it, but Axl thought he was really hot shit back then. And maybe he was, but a lot of people think Kanye also is these days. I'm saying a lot of these comparisons that people seem to shoot down or simply ignore seem to be denial from the fanbase. This comparison isn't meant to degrade GNR fans. I'm surprised many of you can't get past the music aspect.