Has anyone here ever been to an Izzy Stradlin concert after he quit GNR?

gnfnrs1972

All I know is that when he toured in the early 90s shortly after leaving Guns, he got blown offstage by The Wildhearts who were supporting. Cue Ginger & co getting thrown off the tour for making him look shite and also selling more merch :lol:

Izzy hasn't done many solo tours. Did the world tour in 1992-1993 with the Ju Ju Hounds, and did 4 solo dates in Japan in 2000. That's all he's done, aside from the various guest appearances with GNR, VR, Aerosmith, AFD Key Club Reunion etc. All of the info can be found at izzyontour.com and there's quite a few boots out there worth checking out.

Izzy hasn't done many solo tours. Did the world tour in 1992-1993 with the Ju Ju Hounds, and did 4 solo dates in Japan in 2000. That's all he's done, aside from the various guest appearances with GNR, VR, Aerosmith, AFD Key Club Reunion etc. All of the info can be found at izzyontour.com and there's quite a few boots out there worth checking out.

I'm surprised to hear he did a world tour with the Ju Ju Hounds. My understanding is that part of he reason he left GNR was that he was sick of the stress of touring.

Marc- do you know the story here? When was Izzys last tour...and why doesn't he really tour/play much? Also when he bailed on Guns it wasn't so much sick of touring rather sick of the monster that GnR became (bloated) and sick of the drugs/booze/drama/Axl?

For those asking about Izzy's tour, see above. downliner is an excellent source for Izzy info!

:izzy:

Axl says he tours and drives his bus. Personally Ive never heard any advertisements of him being around where I live. Its been 20 years.

Wonder if Axl had a clue what he was talking about....unless by tour he means travels the country and sight sees.
Thats a good theory. Axl may not have said touring, I might have just assumed he was talking about touring when he said he has his own bus.

For some reason I thought he did the odd club tour every couple of years. Has he really not done any live shows since '93? (not counting a few guest appearances with GNR)

Looking at that site (izzyontour.com), looks like that's the case other than guest appearances and a short solo tour in Japan (4 shows) in 2000.

I've seen him in October 1992 in The Melkweg in Amsterdam with the JuJu Hounds. I hate to say so, but it was kinda disappointing.

Looks like your the only one so far that has actually seen him in person touring. I hate it was disappointing to you. Im not a big fan of his solo cd's as a whole but I like some of his songs. Chuck berry's memphis tn is my fav of his.

I've seen him in October 1992 in The Melkweg in Amsterdam with the JuJu Hounds. I hate to say so, but it was kinda disappointing.

Looks like your the only one so far that has actually seen him in person touring. I hate it was disappointing to you. Im not a big fan of his solo cd's as a whole but I like some of his songs. Chuck berry's memphis tn is my fav of his.

Yes, he played all the songs from his first solo-CD. It wasn't bad, but boring, mediocre. Izzy never made eye contact with the public. He tried to stay in the background, like he did in Guns n Roses, played his guitar and never looked up. And true, some of his songs are nice. But after seeing him with Guns (only once at Wembley) I'd expected more of an exciting show. Still, it was weird to see him without Guns anyway.

Does Izzy tour? There's no video on youtube...

There's a selection of videos on my channel from the 1992-1993 tour:- http://www.youtube.com/user/downliner/videos

I mainly upload the rarer cuts like b-sides, unreleased tracks played live etc, all pretty crap quality I'm afraid.

gnrslashgnr has uploaded the entire Copenhagen show from the Ju Ju Tour as a youtube playlist at:- http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL895654EB1BDA03E5

Also check out that "Magic Christian Music Band" video in my uploads if you like the Ju Ju Hounds. It features 2 of the Hounds, and was the band they formed after Izzy bailed in 1993 - it only surfaced this year and it was the first time Ju Ju fans had ever heard of the band and the direction they headed musically. The writing in the video is by former Ju Ju Hounds bassist/songwriter Jimmy Ashhurst (now in Buckcherry).

Edited by downliner
  • Like 1