A genuinely awesome interview with Bumblefoot

Guest NGOG

Really good interview. Glad he has come out of the other side of the shit times, he kind of makes some of the others sound like proper school girl bitches. I am assuming it was Tommy, Robin, Richard and maybe Dizzy who gave him a hard time. Ironic considering they've all been the new guy at some point especially Dizzy who iirc was equally given a hard time by Slash and Duff etc..

Besides the stuff about him being bullied by the band (which really made me lose a ton of respect for the guys, even Axl called it the most hated band in the world and they're still gonna give the new guy shit? Fuck that, grown men should be able to deal with their emotions in bettet ways, bitching on forums for example :) ), what did you find so fascinating about this interview? I only glanced through it but to me it seemed like the same old 50 chapters about the color of his guitar and one sentence about GnR saying "sorry, dude. Don't know nothing".

• Like 1

I found the 3 year hate fascinating, but additionally, he tried to drink himself to death in '11 and talks a lot more in detail about just how much pain he was in after the accident. He was fucked up on drugs and is permanently messed up now, partly because he toured through the injury. Totally fascinating stuff. He also says if he had one wish it would be that the lady that drove into him had finished the job. :( Super sad. Ron's a great guy, I hope he continues down the healthy path he's on right now.

Great interview. Wtf is it with Tommy (I'm guessing Tommy here) and bullying people? He made it clear he really didn't like Bucket ("[bucket] leaving was the best thing that's happened to this band"). I can't really picture Finck being a bully, according to themadcaplaughs he kept trying to be nice to Bucket even when the guy didn't like him. Fortus, too, doesn't come across as a bully. If I was to make a guess it'd be Tommy and Dizzy as the main culprits, throwing their seniority around.

I'd guess Brain... as he left not long after Ron joined as he was good friends with Josh and Bucket. I actually would guess Robin as he's known to through his guitars around the stage, in NIN and GNR when things aren't going right. I'd also agree with Tommy, I think tommy back in 06' had a temper on him too. I also think Robin because he was due to have a lot of leads spots then 2 weeks before, he gets told theres a far better guitarist coming in to play most of his stuff. You could argue the same for richard but he's always been the rhythm guitarist.

I wouldn't say Richard as much as robin though. Richard plays with loads of people, so I reckon he's used to being that person that Ron was at the time, joining another band.

Also, it could have been some of the loyal crew members that just ignored him.

Edited by Axl_morris

Richard plays the Maddy solo since Bucket left, and even Ashba can (kind of) play Bucket's Sorry solo (though I have a feeling that song wasn't "finished" until Bach came in for backing vocals in 2007). I guess the harder ones would have been CD, Better and IRS. And TWAT, obviously, even Bumble took a while to nail that one. I don't think Shackler's was even a song at that point since Axl wrote the lyrics after VTech.

Great to see bbf shooting from the hip, even though that toxic environment within the band was really sad to read about.

Also worth noting that the person ultimately responsible for bumble's mental health is Ron himself. If the tour's gonna make you suicidal, don't go on it. No paycheck or public exposure is worth that.

Just find it a bit hypocritical that he put himself through the ordeal of touring post-accident and now says he wishes he was dead. For christ's sakes, it's just fat Axl and a bunch of 20 year old songs he'd already played hundreds of times. Take a break and get healthy!

Bumblefoot is kind of the only thing keeping this band relevant and interesting. The other guys are just sitting back and doing nothing, Axl included. Its a sad time in the GNR community. We're entering another phase of "why the fuck does it even matter anymore", and at their advancing age its gonna be one of the last times we ask that, whether fans like it or not.

Great to see bbf shooting from the hip, even though that toxic environment within the band was really sad to read about.

Also worth noting that the person ultimately responsible for bumble's mental health is Ron himself. If the tour's gonna make you suicidal, don't go on it. No paycheck or public exposure is worth that.

Just find it a bit hypocritical that he put himself through the ordeal of touring post-accident and now says he wishes he was dead. For christ's sakes, it's just fat Axl and a bunch of 20 year old songs he'd already played hundreds of times. Take a break and get healthy!

I think he's just a "worker". Despite the physical harm, working might be what's keeping him sane. He seems to feed off the energy of the fans as well. It could be that not working would put him in an even worse mental space.

I always thought this was super cool with Robin and Ron in 2006 (start at 1:02):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjm9iYV-ffU

Ron is too low in the mix, but you get the idea. I thought it was rad that A) They shared the lead at the beginning of the song that's obviously meant for only one person and B) That they both came to the front center of the stage to do it

:bbf06::robin:

No, they didnt bully DJ. Ron made it clear that nobody should be treated like he was.

Oh, and he absolutely had the hardest time with Richard. Watch the last show of 2006, after PC, when he tries to interact with Rich and he totally ignores Ron on stage - that was truly embarrassing. He also already mentioned that he tried to stab them, so they got to respect him after that. Axl even texted Bach 'Ron tried to stab the band - now I finally feel like I am in a rock band again'.

A few grown man jealous because the new guy got to play the hardest - imo the best - solos - it is exactly that.

He also already mentioned that he tried to stab them, so they got to respect him after that. Axl even texted Bach 'Ron tried to stab the band - now I finally feel like I am in a rock band again'.

Shit, when did THAT happen?!