A genuinely awesome interview with Bumblefoot

Guest NGOG

You were forced to tour?

- Well, it's not that I was forced. I had to make the decision of either keeping Guns N' Roses going or taking care of my body. And I have nerve damage in both arms, and I'm gonna be in pain for the rest of my life... But I kept Guns N' Roses alive. And that was the trade-off.

:rofl-lol:

Drama. Fucking. Queen.

Everything this guy says is hyperbole.

Yeah that really put me off. He has his priorities right doesn't he.

Ron said that he wouldnt tour, so the boys said they wouldnt tour without him. Tommy wouldnt, Richard wouldnt, etc. Tour would have been canceled, promoters would have sued Axl, etc. That's why he did the tour.

The consensus seems to be he gave in to emotional blackmail. But the tour would also be pretty tricky if he was dead in a hotel room.

Right you are.

Edited by rhiad85

A man of DJ's stature in the rock n roll community, being an elder in the rock world, should be able to unite GNR with his Bullyville associations.

Otherwise it looks like DJ is just apart of Bullyville to get his name out there as an advertisement and build his brand. We all know Asbha isn't like that though.

Thank god BBF kept it together so the world could get the 85th leg of the CD world tour.

Edited by Definite_Maybe

You were forced to tour?

- Well, it's not that I was forced. I had to make the decision of either keeping Guns N' Roses going or taking care of my body. And I have nerve damage in both arms, and I'm gonna be in pain for the rest of my life... But I kept Guns N' Roses alive. And that was the trade-off.

Drama. Fucking. Queen.

I think he means he kept his gnr alive. Meaning I guess that he would've lost his job if he'd chosen his health.

No reasonable employer would put anyone in this position. I don't believe Axl did.

You were forced to tour?

Drama. Fucking. Queen.

I think he means he kept his gnr alive. Meaning I guess that he would've lost his job if he'd chosen his health.

No reasonable employer would put anyone in this position. I don't believe Axl did.

That's what I mean though, considering how negative his experience has been with GNR yet he put his commitments ahead of his own health and life, meaning family and so on.

Edited by rhiad85

You were forced to tour?

Drama. Fucking. Queen.

That's what I mean though, considering how negative his experience has been with GNR yet he put his commitments ahead of his own health and life, meaning family and so on.

Yeah, it seems improbable doesn't it? Axl's got his shitlist, but he's known to treat those close to him well. This is bound to extend to not-so-close guitarists. The story doesn't add up.

Sorry HubbaBubba didn't want to quote your post because the thread of messages was getting long.

I can only say that again, it is priorities, I always thought of Ron as a genuine person, but for someone at some point who was extremely vocal about his displeasure of the band's commitments, to turn around and put his health and life on the line to "keep GNR going".. well, I can only say good luck to him, because I don't know him personally. Aside from that, hope he doesn't look back with too much regret when he leaves.

Edited by rhiad85

A man of DJ's stature in the rock n roll community, being an elder in the rock world, should be able to unite GNR with his Bullyville associations.

Otherwise it looks like DJ is just apart of Bullyville to get his name out there as an advertisement and build his brand. We all know Asbha isn't like that though.

Thank god BBF kept it together so the world could get the 85th leg of the CD world tour.

Rock and Fucking Roll dude, I was like, stop bullying the beardy guy.

Its just like, so lame when artists aren't like, totally original and it makes me sad-thank goodness we have innovators like Ashba keeping the flame burning.

Sorry HubbaBubba didn't want to quote your post because the thread of messages was getting long.

I can only say that again, it is priorities, I always thought of Ron as a genuine person, but for someone at some point who was extremely vocal about his displeasure of the band's commitments, to turn around and put his health and life on the line to "keep GNR going".. well, I can only say good luck to him, because I don't know him personally. Aside from that, hope he doesn't look back with too much regret when he leaves.

I think this is a pretty ordinary situation. Here’s how it went down:

Del: Bumble, you still seem to be in a lot of pain man, are you sure you can tour?

Bbf: Yeah my back kills, but I should be ok to play.

Del: You sure?

Bbf: Yeah

Del: Ok, but keep me updated.

.....Then, in an ill-considered interview many months later….

Bbf: That tour made me so miserable I tried to kill myself, but I had no choice. I don’t think I’ll ever completely fit into guns.

This just isn’t how it works. He probably had ample opportunity to pull out, and probably even could have during the tour, but chose not to. It would’ve been awkward - Axl and the band would hardly have been jumping for joy - but they’re reasonable guys and know he needs to put his health first. But instead he sees it through, suffering all the way. Then going against the spirit of the agreement, he fucks them in the press later with the sacrificial lamb routine.

Here’s what he should’ve said:

Bbf: I thought I could handle the tour but now know I pushed myself too hard. You could probably tell by my shitty reaction to the ‘surprise’ extra dates. The guys were great though, they never blackmailed me or forced me to do anything. I just wanted to play.

Edited by HubbaBubba

He's a good entertainer and a storyteller, he can put words into a higher level than J.K. Rowling can.

You should write a cookbook.
You want happy cows that ate what they wanted and lived how they did. You don't want a caged animal that was force-fed all kinds of shit and forced to grow too fast and was all stressed-out. That's not what you wanna put in your body. And for me as a meat-eater, I wanna know that the animal was respected and lived well. So yeah, food has made all the difference. Actually, it has saved my fucking life.

And taking him seriously, really?

I know you can play a bunch of other instruments, too. If we say your guitar skills are at a 10, how are your bass skills?
- 7.613! (laughs)

Nice. How about your piano skills?

And drums?

The mandolin?

Cello?

Glockenspiel?
- 3!

Just 3? Okay, and finally, the harp?
- The harp? 3.01!

I agree that some say he's a drama King but I've been looking at him more as a Joker. I still love his Don't Cry version though, he re-owned that song.

I wonder who bullied Ron? and if Axl said he likes a fighter then did Axl know about the bullying?

Del: Bumble, you still seem to be in a lot of pain man, are you sure you can tour?

Bbf: That tour made me so miserable I tried to kill myself, but I had no choice. I don’t think I’ll ever completely fit into guns.

This just isn’t how it works. He probably had ample opportunity to pull out, and probably even could have during the tour, but chose not to. It would’ve been awkward - Axl and the band would hardly have been jumping for joy - but they’re reasonable guys and know he needs to put his health first. But instead he sees it through, suffering all the way. Then going against the spirit of the agreement, he fucks them in the press later with the sacrificial lamb routine.

Bbf: I thought I could handle the tour but now know I pushed myself too hard. You could probably tell by my shitty reaction to the ‘surprise’ extra dates. The guys were great though, they never blackmailed me or forced me to do anything. I just wanted to play.

Seems strange that Ron was bullied then they open their arms to DJ Ashba

I wonder who bullied Ron? and if Axl said he likes a fighter then did Axl know about the bullying?

I think Axl's like that boss we've all had.

He wanders round the office, can have a laugh with most everyone, he has his little favourites, and he has the people he thinks are slackers. But the truth is, he's oblivious to what really goes on because he's not on the floor enough.

I think Axl's like that boss we've all had.

He wanders round the office, can have a laugh with most everyone, he has his little favourites, and he has the people he thinks are slackers. But the truth is, he's oblivious to what really goes on because he's not on the floor enough.

Sounds like my workplace

More like this:

DEL: How're you feeling? You ready for the tour?

BBF: No man. I am still in excruciating pain from that accident. I don't think I can make it. Why don't you guys just do this leg without me?

DEL: That's tough, there isn't much time. Who will play all your difficult parts. DJ?

Del and BBF look at each other for several seconds.

DEL/BBF: BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

BBF (groans): See? Just laughing makes me want to kill myself.

DEL: I'll talk to the guys.

Later on, at Rose Manor ...

DEL: The tour starts in a couple of weeks, Bumble's still in too much pain to tour. We can split the guitar parts up, maybe take out a few of the harder songs.

FORTUS: I don't know man. There isn't enough time for us to learn all the parts. Why don't we just cancel this leg and give Bumble some time to heal?

TOMMY: Yeah, fuck it. The band has been pretty tight lately. There just isn't enough time. Plus all for one and all that fucking bullshit.

DJ: Sounds good to me. This will give Axl some time to start working on my songs!!

FORTUS: Somebody tell Dizzy. Haven't seen him in a couple of weeks.

DIZZY: Actually, I'm right here.

PITMAN: Really? I haven't seen you in like a month.

DIZZY: No, seriously, I've been here every day. Sitting over there in the corner, mostly.

FRANK: I thought that was some homeless guy.

Cut back to Chateau Thal:

BETA: The guys won't do this tour without you. But we can't cancel the tour. It's already booked, going to cost a fortune to pay the fines.

DEL: What should we do?

FERNANDO: What does Axl think?

DEL: He doesn't know about this tour yet.

BUMBLE (stands up valiantly, then winces in pain and sits back down): You bastards owe me one, but I will save the day and do the tour. Just get me some painkillers and a cheque. I haven't been paid in 3 months.

More like this:

BBF: No man. I am still in excruciating pain from that accident. I don't think I can make it. Why don't you guys just do this leg without me?

DEL: That's tough, there isn't much time. Who will play all your difficult parts. DJ?

DEL: The tour starts in a couple of weeks, Bumble's still in too much pain to tour. We can split the guitar parts up, maybe take out a few of the harder songs.

FORTUS: I don't know man. There isn't enough time for us to learn all the parts. Why don't we just cancel this leg and give Bumble some time to heal?

TOMMY: Yeah, fuck it. The band has been pretty tight lately. There just isn't enough time. Plus all for one and all that fucking bullshit.

DJ: Sounds good to me. This will give Axl some time to start working on my songs!!

DIZZY: No, seriously, I've been here every day. Sitting over there in the corner, mostly.

BETA: The guys won't do this tour without you. But we can't cancel the tour. It's already booked, going to cost a fortune to pay the fines.

BUMBLE (stands up valiantly, then winces in pain and sits back down): You bastards owe me one, but I will save the day and do the tour. Just get me some painkillers and a cheque. I haven't been paid in 3 months.

That bit made me laugh

More like this:

:lol: We should do more fan fiction. Almost every guns fan left has got to have a great sense of humour!

More like this:

:lol: We should do more fan fiction. Almost every guns fan left has got to have a great sense of humour!

Still laughing at this.

I'd have put DJ in a basket with a collar on, chewing a rubber squeaky and sniffing axl's nuts.

• Like 1