Favorite actor who played Dracula?

Georgy Zhukov

Dracula  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Haha, I was just gonna type that I think you put this is in the wrong section :lol:

I was gonna go with Bela Lugosi, but Gary Oldman was just fantastic..

he did a great job and I really liked that movie (even though Winona Rider and Keanu Reeves almost ruined that movie for me)

Oldman was awesome. He was wasted in every scene he was in. Really helped make Winona appear uncomfortable. Winona was tolerable, at least Sofia wasn't chosen again but no self-respecting director would let his daughter anywhere near drunk Gary Oldman. But Keanu was a strange casting.

I made the poll multiple choice because I have to choose Lugosi. Lee too gets points for not using a thick accent because Dracula in the novel spoke English perfectly.

Tough decision. Lugosi is still the oine I identify with Dracula. Oldman is one of my favourite actors and he did an awesome job but Max Schreck and Christopher Lee were great too. I don't like Frank Langella and I didn't see the Klaus Kinski one.

So, if I have to choose, Lugosi.

No Richard Roxburgh from Van Helsing? :P. That was the first film with Dracula in it I watched as a youngster, say what you like about it but his performance made a big impression on me and it got me to read the book then into all the Universal/Hammer films. Lee did really well as a massive, silent menace but I never really saw the charming or sophisticated side of Dracula's character in his performance, Oldman had the latter in bucketloads but didn't have the physicality of Lee... Lugosi was class.

Anyone that wasn't Gerard Butler in Dracula 2000

I hate those modern re-tellings. I also think turning Dracula into a love story is a bit worn. Dracula moved to London because he wanted taste that industrial polluted crap. He would have left as soon the Pakis started flooding the place.